Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lesgo
    • By Lesgo 2nd Jul 18, 9:17 AM
    • 167Posts
    • 2,970Thanks
    Lesgo
    Fortnum & Mason data breach
    • 2nd Jul 18, 9:17 AM
    Fortnum & Mason data breach 2nd Jul 18 at 9:17 AM
    Received an email from them yesterday evening , looks like only my name + email were hacked so
    hopefully won't be a problem . Anyone else ?

Probably from this comp in January ?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5771800&highlight=fortnum+mason

'Hello
    We have been notified that Typeform, a company that provides services that we have used in the past to collect survey responses and voting preferences have had a data breach and unfortunately some of our data has been compromised.

Approximately 23,000 of our data entries have been affected and weíre writing to you to let you know that unfortunately your data has been involved in this breach.

The data accessed is email addresses, survey/vote responses and for a smaller number of contacts, postal address and social handles. In your specific case, the data exposed is name and email address, collected when you voted for the TV Personality of the Year Award at our Food and Drink Awards.
    All other personal information and/or purchase information is safe and protected. We can assure you that no bank or payment details have been involved, and your money and accounts are safe.
    The breach has only exposed information which people have inputted into a Typeform form; a survey, competition entry form, or voting form. These forms did not request bank or payment details, or require passwords. There has been no breach of Fortnum & Masonís website or database, and all data which we hold is unaffected by this breach. We have disabled any and all Typeform forms existing on our website and will not work with Typeform until we are assured that; there is no further risk, that all customer data has been removed from their servers and that their security measures have been improved. We have been informed that Typeform have fixed the root cause and are undertaking forensic investigations. All customer data held within the Typeform forms Fortnumís have used previously has been removed.
    If you have any further queries, please contact us on +44 (0) 20 7734 8040 or via email at customer.services@fortnumandmason.co.uk.

Yours sincerely,
    Customer Services Team, Fortnum & Mason

NUMBER OF CUSTOMERS AFFECTED DATA BREACHED

20,869 Food & Drink Awards TV Personality Vote

2,220 Charles I: King and Collector
    at the RA Competition Entry

119 Concierge Survey

41 Print Photographer Food and Drink Award Entry

2 Wine & Spirits Shopping Survey'
Page 1
    • leanfun30
    • By leanfun30 2nd Jul 18, 9:31 AM
    • 2,125 Posts
    • 34,968 Thanks
    leanfun30
    • 2nd Jul 18, 9:31 AM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 9:31 AM
    Yes I too had same email. Looks as though a lot of people entered this comp.
    • I-Owe-You
    • By I-Owe-You 2nd Jul 18, 2:31 PM
    • 457 Posts
    • 5,284 Thanks
    I-Owe-You
    • 2nd Jul 18, 2:31 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 2:31 PM
    Also had a similar email from Travelodge today. No booking or payment details were breached though.

Says to be wary if anyone calls saying they're calling from Travelodge so thought I'd mention it here in case anyone has entered their comps recently.
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 2nd Jul 18, 2:46 PM
    • 5,614 Posts
    • 97,993 Thanks
    Blulu
    • 2nd Jul 18, 2:46 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 2:46 PM
    I'm in the club too

Blu X
    Comping fairy fly to me. Make my bells go tinkle.
    Get your dust out for the lads, and let me have a sprinkle.
    • buntybaby
    • By buntybaby 2nd Jul 18, 3:08 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    buntybaby
    • 2nd Jul 18, 3:08 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 3:08 PM
    And me too. Thanks for the heads up re Travelodge too.
    • booklover500
    • By booklover500 2nd Jul 18, 5:32 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 3,972 Thanks
    booklover500
    • 2nd Jul 18, 5:32 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 5:32 PM
    Me too - both of those and The Vegetarian Society which included the answers to my survey questions
    • HoneyBooBoo
    • By HoneyBooBoo 2nd Jul 18, 11:12 PM
    • 4,045 Posts
    • 265,687 Thanks
    HoneyBooBoo
    • 2nd Jul 18, 11:12 PM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 11:12 PM
    I got the F + M email too, but don't think I entered that comp in January (I haven't 'thanked' or 'green ticked' it)

Hoping won't be any problems
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 3rd Jul 18, 6:18 AM
    • 2,085 Posts
    • 60,439 Thanks
    hdh74
    • 3rd Jul 18, 6:18 AM
    • 3rd Jul 18, 6:18 AM
    I got it. Now glad I've set up a comping email which is disposable.
    • xLuckyxAshxWinsx
    • By xLuckyxAshxWinsx 3rd Jul 18, 11:26 AM
    • 2,320 Posts
    • 129,926 Thanks
    xLuckyxAshxWinsx
    • 3rd Jul 18, 11:26 AM
    • 3rd Jul 18, 11:26 AM
    Not received any of the above but have just had one from Made for Mums.
    • hdh74
    • By hdh74 3rd Jul 18, 6:31 PM
    • 2,085 Posts
    • 60,439 Thanks
    hdh74
    Another one, form Get the Gloss sigh

TYPEFORM DATA BREACH NOTICE

We!!!8217;re getting in touch because we received a notification at 16:56 BST on Friday 29 June 2018 that Typeform, a company we!!!8217;ve used in the past to collect survey results through, has suffered a data breach, which has affected some of our surveys.

What has happened?
    Our early investigations suggest that some personal data from about 5,000 people is likely to have been included in the breach, across 4 of our surveys. For the vast majority of people this data includes email addresses and, largely, multiple choice responses to beauty and wellness questions. In a small number of cases this includes names and postal addresses and / or responses to free text boxes which (in a handful of cases) may include ethnic and / or health information.

When did this happen?
    The unauthorised access to Typeform took place on 22 June 2018 and again on 25 June 2018 and was to a partial backup at Typeform dated 3 May 2018. Typeform identified the breach at 14:00 CET on 27 June 2018 and remedied the apparent cause by 14:30 CET that same day. We were notified of this breach by Typeform on Friday 29 June 2018 at 16:56 BST.

Are you affected?
    We are contacting you because you responded to at least one of these surveys and as such may have been affected. This breach exclusively relates to responses to the survey forms. It does not include any payment or credit card details, passwords or any information that you did not enter into the survey(s).

What should you do now?
    We recommend you remain vigilant to any potential phishing scams or email or post spam going forward. For general protection, we also recommend that you set up 2-factor authentication on your critical online accounts, such as email and social media.

What are we doing about it?
    We!!!8217;re investigating this thoroughly, have informed the Information Commissioner!!!8217;s Office, and will not be working with Typeform on any future surveys. A full audit of where customer data is stored is being undertaken and all necessary remedial steps taken, including a review of our data retention policies.

Furthermore, to reduce the chance of a similar incident taking place in the future, we are proposing to remove all survey data from any provider within 30 days of the end of a survey.

We!!!8217;re deeply sorry that this has happened.
    We!!!8217;re doing everything we can to protect your data and take all available remedial steps, in conjunction with Typeform.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at contact@getthegloss.com

Sincerely,

The Get The Gloss Team
    • Skilos
    • By Skilos 3rd Jul 18, 6:33 PM
    • 805 Posts
    • 9,787 Thanks
    Skilos
    I got one today from National Geographic Traveller.
    • EnglishWelshie
    • By EnglishWelshie 3rd Jul 18, 10:32 PM
    • 734 Posts
    • 12,355 Thanks
    EnglishWelshie
    So far I've had from Travelodge, Get the Gloss and Checkoutsmart for a Yeo Valley survey.
    • redbull08
    • By redbull08 3rd Jul 18, 11:01 PM
    • 3,087 Posts
    • 32,278 Thanks
    redbull08
    Is this a legit email then from Fortnum and Mason?
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 4th Jul 18, 10:35 AM
    • 4,644 Posts
    • 24,353 Thanks
    Misslayed
    Is this a legit email then from Fortnum and Mason?
    Originally posted by redbull08

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2018/07/02/fortnum-mason-shoppers-details-stolen-data-breach/

I've had three warning emails now, all mention trustpilot
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a (novice) Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • redbull08
    • By redbull08 4th Jul 18, 10:50 AM
    • 3,087 Posts
    • 32,278 Thanks
    redbull08
    I also received one of the Fortnum and Mason emails but I wasn't sure if it was a scam ..
    what do you mean by trustpilot?
    • Misslayed
    • By Misslayed 4th Jul 18, 10:58 AM
    • 4,644 Posts
    • 24,353 Thanks
    Misslayed
    If I understand correctly, they 'host' surveys (which are sometimes just name, address etc) for entry into competitions
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a (novice) Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • thingamaBob
    • By thingamaBob 4th Jul 18, 11:45 AM
    • 14,426 Posts
    • 884,459 Thanks
    thingamaBob
    Originally posted by Misslayed
    Did you mean Typeform? I haven't heard of a problem from Trustpilot.
    Bob
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Omar Khayyam
    • hertzyabazas
    • By hertzyabazas 4th Jul 18, 12:04 PM
    • 29,837 Posts
    • 5,373,412 Thanks
    hertzyabazas
    Just had one from Evans Cycles
    • pate-ci0
    • By pate-ci0 4th Jul 18, 12:48 PM
    • 655 Posts
    • 16,419 Thanks
    pate-ci0
    Typeform hack emails from Fortnums, National Geographic Traveller and Evans Cycles so far.

Noticed a slight increase in phishing emails in the past couple of days (28 million pounds from African fund, Fantastic business opportunity, PayPal/Amazon/Apple account needs verification etc)

No financial details have apparently been disclosed but just watch what you respond to.
    • Enigmatic Me
    • By Enigmatic Me 4th Jul 18, 1:18 PM
    • 1,445 Posts
    • 14,832 Thanks
    Enigmatic Me
    I have had two data breach emails from Fortnum and Mason which I received a few days apart.
    The best things in life are free.....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

399Posts Today

5,446Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• RT @stevenowottny: 19/30 UK airports now charge you for spending 10 mins dropping someone off at the terminal - good investigation from @je?

• Follow Martin