Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • whitemouse75
    • By whitemouse75 2nd Jul 18, 7:59 AM
    • 236Posts
    • 68Thanks
    whitemouse75
    Urgent help Gladstones
    • 2nd Jul 18, 7:59 AM
    Urgent help Gladstones 2nd Jul 18 at 7:59 AM
    Hi all,

need some quick advice please, before i have time to plug through all the specifics

received a letter before claim this morning from gladstone's, however its dated 05/06/18, so i need some really quick advice ifs need to respond, as the 30 day period is basically almost up!!

quick summary: the driver went to blackpool for the night, no parking anywhere near B&B, so owner said park on that disused factory site opposite. Saturday night, no issue, woke up sunday nothing on the car so the driver left happy. few weeks later started getting the usual demands, ignored as per usual.

this is the first LBC ive ever received, and if i had the 30 days could defend the time researching, and will, but need some help on a quick fire response please
    Last edited by whitemouse75; 02-07-2018 at 8:20 PM.
Page 2
    • whitemouse75
    • By whitemouse75 7th Aug 18, 8:02 AM
    • 236 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    whitemouse75
    had a reply - obviously as late as possible which just included a copy of the original letter they sent me, and disregarded everything asked for in my letter! then another request asking me to either pay or log in to their website to fill out a pre action protocol!?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 7th Aug 18, 8:51 AM
    • 9,699 Posts
    • 12,755 Thanks
    beamerguy
    had a reply - obviously as late as possible which just included a copy of the original letter they sent me, and disregarded everything asked for in my letter! then another request asking me to either pay or log in to their website to fill out a pre action protocol!?
    Originally posted by whitemouse75
    Lazy old Gladstones, no web portal for you ?

You require them to comply to the new protocol which
    you will accept only by post

Remind them that before you can respond, they must
    comply with the law ... END OF
    Last edited by beamerguy; 07-08-2018 at 8:59 AM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 7th Aug 18, 12:06 PM
    • 4,158 Posts
    • 5,012 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Respond, stating you are puzzled by their reply, as it only enclosed a copy of your original letter and none of the required documents in order to satisfy you and your clients obligations as clearly set out in the PAP for debt claims.

If you cannot supply these documents, an explanation as to why is required.

As you should already possess all of these documents, because failing to have them would be a failure in professional standards, you require them within 7 days

Further refusal to supply these documents or otherwise comply with your obligations under the PAP for debt claims will result in a complaint beiing made to the court and an application for your full costs on an indemnity basis.
    • whitemouse75
    • By whitemouse75 9th Aug 18, 8:14 AM
    • 236 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    whitemouse75
    well it turns out that they've already applied to court, had a court claim today, literally 3 days after receiving their response, so i guess i dont have time to reply to their letter?

funny how their letters always seem to arrive at the end of the 30 day response time periods.....
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 9th Aug 18, 9:24 AM
    • 3,784 Posts
    • 6,229 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    funny how their letters always seem to arrive at the end of the 30 day response time periods.....
    It's all set up on the computer to catch people out. Like BW they don't actually read the paperwork until the WS stage and even then they use a template / make it up.

You work the system in the same way they do by picking up on flaws in timing and paperwork. The facts are almost immaterial to them.
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to RTFM - the Civil Procedure Rules
    2. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend- See #1
    3. Failing to RTFCL - the Court letters
    4. Template defences that say nothing - See #1
    5. Forgetting about the Witness Statement - See #3
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 9th Aug 18, 1:18 PM
    • 4,158 Posts
    • 5,012 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Your defence can include their failure to comply with teh PAP, by issuing a claim form after X days having given you Y days in their letter of Z date. They have cleaerly rushed to court action and had no intent of complying with the spirit or ruls of PAP.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

276Posts Today

1,712Users online

Martin's Twitter