Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 1st Jul 18, 9:44 PM
    • 2,514Posts
    • 36,022Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd July 2018
    • 1st Jul 18, 9:44 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd July 2018 1st Jul 18 at 9:44 PM
    IT'S JULY ALREADY!!!

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Valli for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please donít stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour- Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Ok here goes this week!

Mysterious Monday ~ Bathroom, Hall, Stairs and Study/PC Area

Level One...

DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS
    Open windows to let in air
    Wash and replace towels/flannels/bath mats with clean ones
    Clean cobwebs
    Level Two..
    Clean bath/shower/sink and toilet - Don't forget to give those taps an extra shine!
    Throw away any empty bottles
    Straighten computer desk
    Delete 50 emails - do you really need that sale email from Dotty P's?
    Level Three...
    Wash/vacuum floor
    Clean window
    Clean the windowsills
    Clean medicine cabinet - throw away out of date medicines.
    Put away any stray items in the hall and stairs - do you really need all that stuff cluttering up the stairs and hall/landing!!!
    Extras..
    • Wipe skirting boards up the stairs
    • Check supplies of paper/printer cartridges/stamps and envelopes
    • Throw away any pens that don't work
    • Clean fingerprints off light switches and doors.

Twinkling Tuesday ~ Master bedroom and Landing
    Level One..

Fling open windows to let air in especially as it's been hot and the room will be stuffy.
    DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS
    Clean Cobwebs
    Check firealarms are working, change battery if necessary.
    Remove and wash bed linen and duvet covers
    Level Two..
    Vacuum & turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen..
    Clean under the bed
    Polish furniture
    Level Three...
    Straighten/sort through make up
    Throw away any empty/out of date bottles
    Clean glass and mirrors - make them twinkle
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Clear a hotspot ~ or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Add a personal touch - flowers in a vase on a dresser, pretty bowl etc..
    Extras:
    • 36 fling boogie, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • HHI
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Clean light switch of hand prints or smudges
    • Clean main light and any lampshades
    • Clear the top of a bedside cupboard/chest of drawers or shelf

Wacky Wednesday ~ Those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms
    Level One..

Open windows to air room
    DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS
    Clean cobwebs
    Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Straighten toy shelves
    Level Two..
    Polish furniture
    Vacuum the floor
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Donít forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Strip beds, turn and vacuum mattresses!! and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!! Wash the curtains!
    Level Three...
    Sort out outgrown clothes and give to charity/neighbours/younger children.
    Put away stray items
    Clean fingerprints off light switches/doors/walls
    Clean under the bed - I know it's scary but it does have to be done. You could even delegate to a little pink if you don't fancy doing it yourself.
    Extras
    • Clean windows
    • Clean/scrub bath toys
    • Wipe the radiators, skirtings and window & door frames!
    • HHI
    • Rearrange videos/games/books

Tantalising Thursday ~ Dining Room and Entance/Porch
    Level One..

Open windows and let air in
    Clean cobwebs
    Dust windowsills and front door
    Throw away any newspapers/magazines that aren't needed.
    Level Two..
    Put plants in shower & give them a good rinse. Remember to put them back before everyone has a shower in the morning - it might be a bit unnerving having to shower with a plant!!!
    Clean and dust shiny things/mirror and glass
    Clean lightswitches of hand prints or smudges
    Level Three...
    Move furniture, if safe to do so, and hoover underdeath
    Clean and straighten any drawer
    Add a personal touch to the table - pretty tablecloth, vase of summer flowers!!
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Clean under sofa/chair cushions - lets see if you can find any money or even anything that you have lost recently
    Wipe down light fixtures - make those bulbs shine at night!
    Extras
    • Refill bird feeders
    • Throw away any dead plants
    • HHI
    • Binbag dance - Get a binbag... fill it and bin it!!
    • Wash any cushions, throws etc that need it..

Flying Friday ~ Kitchen
    Level One..

Open windows, let the air and blow those cobwebs away..
    Wash knick-knacks/canisters
    Mop/brush floor
    Level Two..
    Clean sink and draining board
    Clean microwave inside and out
    Empty fridge, clean shelves and doors and move any nearly out of date stuff to front to use up next.
    Empty and clean rubbish bin
    Level Three...
    Clean under sink - throw away any manky looking bottles/rags etc..
    Straighten drawers/cupboards
    Clean fan/vent/hood filters
    Clean pet dishes
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..(only a few at a time!)
    Extras
    • Check the smoke alarm - when was the last time you replaced the battery?
    • Clean the hob
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps - make them twinkle!!
    • 29 fling boogie - GO!!
    • Buy yourself some flowers from the shop.. your reward for making the kitchen shine!
    Last edited by Natty68; 05-07-2018 at 11:22 PM.

Struggling financially

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
Page 5
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 7th Jul 18, 6:52 AM
    • 4,726 Posts
    • 55,011 Thanks
    Jazee
    Morning all. Flying and gardening will recommence here today as our guests are going home later. Time to restore order and get the rooms as they should be.

DD and her DH are coming round for footie and curry later.

Just having a cuppa in the garden, next will be a dog walk before it gets too warm.

Have a great day everyone.
    Savings 2018: £795.85
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 7th Jul 18, 7:26 AM
    • 2,945 Posts
    • 21,092 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Morning all,

Well I GOT THE JOB I can't believe it, the head said I interviewed brilliantly I am so, so happy. It's a September start, and the finer details will be confirmed next week. Woooty wooty woop!

Naff all flying planned here we are taking the kids out this morning then home for the footie. Steak, roasties and HM cauli cheese for tea. Made £40 on eBay sales so far this week as well, want to list more next week as I am DETERMINED to pay our final credit card off. It's 0% but still bothers me.

Have lovely days all xx

ETA - oh YL lovely that's rubbish, people can be so unkind. Chin up, let the rubbishness wash over you, you're better than that xx
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 7th Jul 18, 7:37 AM
    • 2,286 Posts
    • 21,672 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Morning ladies - another hot one here!

Congratulations ATB - knew you could do it! Here's to a happy start to the autumn for you guys xxx

Yorkie - rude raspberries to that horrid person. Try not to let it get to you. You know the truth, so you can hold your head high x

I too have done naff all flying this week. Too hot. Far too hot. Basics done but that's all.

I can't believe I'm saying this.....we might need a bit of rain...

Melts off to the left...
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 7th Jul 18, 8:02 AM
    • 4,726 Posts
    • 55,011 Thanks
    Jazee
    Well done ATB.

Garden watered, dogs walked. About to strip our spare bed and get the WM going.
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 7th Jul 18, 8:23 AM
    • 9,982 Posts
    • 124,451 Thanks
    kazwookie
    ATB well done x

YL that person I would be removing right out if my life, chin up xx

Up very early too hot to sleep, but not done a lot either so far, stuff I found from my warobe clear out and listed on eby, 2 items now have bids, so this will spur me on to clear out more and see what is worth listing.

Keep cool, drink lots of water, have a good day x
    Last edited by kazwookie; 07-07-2018 at 8:36 AM.
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky start date 29.01.18 28 to go / -14 so far and counting!!
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 7th Jul 18, 8:35 AM
    • 2,504 Posts
    • 36,989 Thanks
    ionafan
    Well done atb

Sorry to hear of your upset YL. Some people are just mean. Shake yourself up, dust yourself off, and carry on regardless - don't let them grind you down.

Had a nice lunch and afternoon out with DH yesterday, but the heat was tremendous. Looks like it's going to be even hotter here today and tomorrow! I have watered the pots and the little apple tree, but the rest of the garden is suffering badly.

Must get on with work while it's cool in the study. Catch up later xx
    • Valli
    • By Valli 7th Jul 18, 9:02 AM
    • 20,625 Posts
    • 234,363 Thanks
    Valli
    Morning ladies - another hot one here!

Congratulations ATB - knew you could do it! Here's to a happy start to the autumn for you guys xxx

Yorkie - rude raspberries to that horrid person. Try not to let it get to you. You know the truth, so you can hold your head high x

Originally posted by Dizzy Imp
    This.

Got washing to peg out and DW to empty.

Need to go and find a new bra and am not looking forward to trying on in this heat. Need it for DDs graduation.
    On Wednesday.

It's too hot...
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    Janice 1964-2016

Thank you Honey Bear
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 7th Jul 18, 10:14 AM
    • 1,594 Posts
    • 22,899 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    atb well done.
    fbo welcome back and good news about Cornwall.
    Lots of hugs and comments to all of you, have just skim-read th last 2 weeks posts.
    Back from a great holiday with Mum, less slinky than when I set off. Terrible journey home with traffic on M3 and M25. Now need to pull myself together, deal with the heat and the pollen and pick up whatever real life is.
    Booked 4 gym classes after standing on the scales.
    1 load of washing done, plenty more to do.
    Unpacking to do.
    Sorting post to do.
    Endless gardening to do; Mr N had a week in France with boys on bikes while I was away so everything is either parched or rampant.
    Need to check diary to see what is planned for this week/month.
    Shopping needed.
    Check mil and go to library while I'm in town
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 7th Jul 18, 10:39 AM
    • 615 Posts
    • 9,139 Thanks
    roundtuit
    Hugs to atb xx

Well done YL

Hmmm: Tour de France; British Grand Prix; World Cup footie; Wimbledon. Lazy Roundtuit thinks: not doing owt this weekend today then ; flylady fairy sat on my shoulder wags her finger at me and shakes her head

Hmmm: been to visit mum and dad before TdF started (and before it got too hot); made the bed, fed the birds, loaded the WM and started it swishing, wiped down the washing line, put out the rubbish. and folded clean clothes on airer - amazing how much you can do in advert breaks

Laundry and recycling will be done during further advert breaks - probably a good strategy in this weather anyway

If France win the World Cup I'll be £32 better off (sweepstake) but I'll be cheering England on this afti and I'll happily forego my winnings to see them bring it home

Keep cool.

Rxx
    Last edited by roundtuit; 07-07-2018 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Brain Fog!!!
    Slinky Challenge 2018 target - lose 56 lbs
    Start Date: 02.01.18. Lost 16/56
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 7th Jul 18, 5:18 PM
    • 4,726 Posts
    • 55,011 Thanks
    Jazee
    Good strategy Roundtuit.

Some gardening done in 15 minute stints. House hoovered through. Footie watched. Dogs fed.

Now need to put clean bedding on our bed. DH who is making dinner has fallen asleep - far too much booze.
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 7th Jul 18, 5:35 PM
    • 2,945 Posts
    • 21,092 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    It's coming home

Wine time now xx
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 7th Jul 18, 6:07 PM
    • 5,289 Posts
    • 52,489 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    JoJo hugs xx you get your CV in order and apply for the job you saw the other day, and tell / ask your OH to get his in order as well, then send him off down to the local agencies to see if they have any work going.
    Originally posted by kazwookie

^ ^ ^ Wot she said. And I repeat again, I'm sorry other people around you are sensitive and have an attack of the vapours if action is required of them, but it's time to safeguard your own health.

Wow, feeling a bit stunned here. Someone has been bad mouthing me over something I havent actually done. I have been bending over backwards to help this person and somehow I have ended up having it all thrown back at me because they listened to some untrue gossip. Trying not to take it to heart but its really knocked me sideways.
    Originally posted by YORKSHIRELASS

Get as far away from this person as you can. They have probably been doing this to the good people around them for years which is why they need so much support - they're poison. We cannot afford to give people like that any part of our soul.

Well I GOT THE JOB I can't believe it, the head said I interviewed brilliantly I am so, so happy. It's a September start, and the finer details will be confirmed next week. Woooty wooty woop!
    Originally posted by atypicalblonde

Huge congratulations! I'm so pleased for you. I hope things fall into place while you re-organise your lives around the new job.

I've spent most of the yesterday and today on my feet and I can really feel it. It was worth it, but I need to take a break. Kitchen tidied, laundry folded, things put away, pear tree watered and bird feeders and bird waters cleaned and topped up.

\rant alert

Sodding sodding sodding lodger and sodding sodding sodding laundry. The ongoing saga continues. New lodger asked to do one load a week, and while the weather's fine I said yes. Returning lodger who upset me over laundry earlier in the year was given the same privilige.

This morning she put the washing machine on and the second it had finished it's cycle came up to the kitchen and said, 'I need to do a second load because that was lights and now I need to do darks.'

Is there something that's crept into our society that works on the, 'I need this therefore you have to give it to me' principle? It's not her age; she's in her late 20s but I had this with an actor in her 60s when she repeatedly used the WM every couple of days with only two or three items in it. 'But how will I manage? I've only got one pair of rehearsal trousers here!' Like I give a fig whether she's packed enough rehearsal trousers or not.

I know this keeps coming up but I genuinely thought as this one had a bo88ocking from me about laundry earlier in the year (dangling it in her basement room with a dehumidifier going in the basement 24 hours a day after I'd specifically told her not to pi$$ed me right off) she'd understood that it's a sensitive issue.

To agree something and expect more is something I find quite shocking. If I give my word I mean it and it never occurs to me to renege on it.
    Keeping it AF
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 7th Jul 18, 8:03 PM
    • 24,824 Posts
    • 99,448 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Somebody appears to have experienced somewhat of a revelation overnight.

Wasn't even back from work before he guilttripped me to go to a mate's gig. I'd even asked about the travelling and he'd assured me it was easy, no different from the other journeys we do across London regularly - and that he would happily go by himself if I didn't want to go. I was hot, I was shattered, I'd had more grief all day - I wanted company. So I went.

Considering I have - for the first time - consented to being seen in public using a stick (which he had been told was something I never wanted to do), the trip consisted of about 45 different flights of stairs, mile walks to connections and him repeatedly changing routes. By the 10th flight of stairs at one station, I'm at the point of throwing my stick at him, but settle for announcing that I suppose I could safely assume that he didn't bother to click the option for stepfree access on the journey planner. He replies that he didn't know that was an option.

By the time we've given up after 20 minutes at the venue (which was on the Portobello Road, possibly the worst location in the world to try to get to by public transport from ours when you're not fully mobile - it's easier to get to Plymouth - and not much longer in duration), I'm ready to commit murder but for the fact that the nice Policemen probably wouldn't give me a lift home until I'd been released on Bail and I wanted to go home.

The return journey was ten times worse than the outwards.

By the 4th tube, I've not spoken to Himself other than demanding help up and down the ten thousand steps and the occasional Glare of Death for about two hours now. He asks if we're getting off at the local station. I ask him when exactly he forgot about the two and a half foot leap down from all trains to the platform, the flight of stairs underground, the flights up to the ticket office and the walk downhill in a potholed alleyway to get home.

We finally get home and he talks. And talks. And talks. Whilst I'm systematically knocking back gin. I've earned these tonight. And if I'm hammered, I won't rip off his head and scream down the bleeding stump of his neck. Which might be a little unfair when he's baring his soul about everything. Until he says something about how he was hurt by his exes. And he gets my full opinion on how he brought it upon himself as a result of his appalling behaviour towards the first and his appalling choice in the second, so was looking in the wrong place for sympathy and he probably started getting anxious round that time because he knew damn well that he was doing the wrong thing, but did it anyway.

He finally stops talking at 3.34am.

He's decided that he's getting a job. As soon as he does, I'm free to resign, making sure I give clear and concise explanations of what work have been like to me in my letter.

I went to bed.

I have remarked today that the kitchen needs cleaning again and I am certainly not doing it.

He's made a start.
    Last edited by Jojo the Tightfisted; 07-07-2018 at 8:09 PM.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 7th Jul 18, 9:04 PM
    • 1,663 Posts
    • 8,365 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Ive just found hubby's government gateway number...
    that's flying right?
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = £400) 2018 Starts at 13/100 o/s £34,750.
    Jan 18 14/100 Feb 15/100 March 18/100 April 19/100 May 20/100 June 21/100
    Term Mortgage free date: October 2029 Current mortgage free date: April 2025 March 2024 Jan 2024
    MFW 2018 Challenge Member #162 £1600ish/£2,500
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 8th Jul 18, 7:36 AM
    • 4,726 Posts
    • 55,011 Thanks
    Jazee
    Morning. Another lovely day. Hope you're all ok.

I'm in the garden having first cuppa of the day.

Today I've a few hotspots to sort indoors, need to get washing all done, gardening and dailies.

Have a great day everyone.
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 8th Jul 18, 9:16 AM
    • 615 Posts
    • 9,139 Thanks
    roundtuit
    Morning all

I'm shattered - but then yesterday I cycled in France, took several turns round Silverstone (looking for DS in the crowd ), played a game of footie in Russia (popping to Mr C00p for supplies at half time) and then returned home for a few games of tennis. I did manage to get WM x 2 washed, dried and folded too - but not a lot else. Oh, I finished a book, put it in the c/s pile and started another book - that's decluttering, right? Sort of

What I did finally do is..... take the poinsettias (Christmas 2013 and 2015), which will not die, from their place on the kitchen windowsill and put them outside to take their chances. Felt a bit mean as they are still valiantly trying to grow - 3 feet of stalk with a handful of leaves at the top but realised just how awful they look when I got them outside!! Why did I finally do this? I saw an article on fb about thirsty hedgehogs and I needed a shallow dish to put out in the garden 2013's flowerpot was sat in a shallow dish, so out she went; then 2015 looked lonely ... so out she went too. The kitchen windowsill looks 100% better and I haven't got rid of all the dead leaves yet.

Today? I've made my bed full stop. I really must remember that chocolate now gives me a headache the next day It would be a wonderful deterrent if I could just remember!

Keep cool and hydrated ladies

Rxx
    Slinky Challenge 2018 target - lose 56 lbs
    Start Date: 02.01.18. Lost 16/56
    • juliejim
    • By juliejim 8th Jul 18, 9:50 AM
    • 7,574 Posts
    • 151,579 Thanks
    juliejim
    Morning All

Mysterious Monday ~ Bathroom, Hall, Stairs and Study/PC Area

Level One...

[B]DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS[/B]
    Open windows to let in air
    Wash and replace towels/flannels/bath mats with clean ones

Clean cobwebs
    Level Two..
    Clean bath/shower/sink and toilet - Don't forget to give those taps an extra shine!
    Throw away any empty bottles
    Straighten computer desk

Delete 50 emails - do you really need that sale email from Dotty P's?
    Level Three...
    Wash/vacuum floor
    Clean window
    Clean the windowsills
    Clean medicine cabinet - throw away out of date medicines.
    Put away any stray items in the hall and stairs - do you really need all that stuff cluttering up the stairs and hall/landing!!!

Extras..
    • Wipe skirting boards up the stairs
    • Check supplies of paper/printer cartridges/stamps and envelopes
    • Throw away any pens that don't work
    • Clean fingerprints off light switches and doors.
    [/COLOR]
    Twinkling Tuesday ~ Master bedroom and Landing
    Level One..

Fling open windows to let air in especially as it's been hot and the room will be stuffy.
    DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS

Clean Cobwebs
    Check firealarms are working, change battery if necessary.
    Remove and wash bed linen and duvet covers
    Level Two..
    Vacuum & turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen..
    Clean under the bed
    Polish furniture
    Level Three...
    Straighten/sort through make up
    Throw away any empty/out of date bottles
    Clean glass and mirrors - make them twinkle
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Clear a hotspot ~ or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Add a personal touch - flowers in a vase on a dresser, pretty bowl etc..
    Extras:
    • [*]36 fling boogie, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • HHI
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Clean light switch of hand prints or smudges
    • Clean main light and any lampshades
    • Clear the top of a bedside cupboard/chest of drawers or shelf

Wacky Wednesday ~ Those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms
    Level One..

Open windows to air room
    DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS

Clean cobwebs
    Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Straighten toy shelves
    Level Two..
    Polish furniture
    Vacuum the floor
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Donít forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Strip beds, turn and vacuum mattresses!! and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!! Wash the curtains!
    Level Three...
    Sort out outgrown clothes and give to charity/neighbours/younger children.
    Put away stray items
    Clean fingerprints off light switches/doors/walls
    Clean under the bed - I know it's scary but it does have to be done. You could even delegate to a little pink if you don't fancy doing it yourself.
    Extras
    • Clean windows
    • Clean/scrub bath toys
    • Wipe the radiators, skirtings and window & door frames!
    • HHI
    • Rearrange videos/games/books

Tantalising Thursday ~ Dining Room and Entance/Porch
    Level One..

Open windows and let air in
    Clean cobwebs
    Dust windowsills and front door
    Throw away any newspapers/magazines that aren't needed.
    Level Two..
    Put plants in shower & give them a good rinse. Remember to put them back before everyone has a shower in the morning - it might be a bit unnerving having to shower with a plant!!!
    Clean and dust shiny things/mirror and glass
    Clean lightswitches of hand prints or smudges
    Level Three...
    Move furniture, if safe to do so, and hoover underdeath
    Clean and straighten any drawer
    Add a personal touch to the table - pretty tablecloth, vase of summer flowers!!
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Clean under sofa/chair cushions - lets see if you can find any money or even anything that you have lost recently
    Wipe down light fixtures - make those bulbs shine at night!
    Extras
    • Refill bird feeders
      [*]Throw away any dead plants
    • HHI
      [*]Binbag dance - Get a binbag... fill it and bin it!!
    • Wash any cushions, throws etc that need it..

Flying Friday ~ Kitchen
    Level One..

Open windows, let the air and blow those cobwebs away..
    Wash knick-knacks/canisters
    Mop/brush floor
    Level Two..
    Clean sink and draining board
    Clean microwave inside and out
    Empty fridge, clean shelves and doors and move any nearly out of date stuff to front to use up next.
    Empty and clean rubbish bin
    Level Three...
    Clean under sink - throw away any manky looking bottles/rags etc..
    Straighten drawers/cupboards
    Clean fan/vent/hood filters
    Clean pet dishes
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..(only a few at a time!)
    Extras
    • Check the smoke alarm - when was the last time you replaced the battery?
    • Clean the hob
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps - make them twinkle!!
    • 29 fling boogie - GO!!
    • Buy yourself some flowers from the shop.. your reward for making the kitchen shine!
    [/QUOTE]

So I haven't got rid of much off the list this week but the downstairs is looking much better.

Congratulations ATB - knew you could do it.
    Hugs YL
    Piggers - removals finished now?

WM is on it's third wash of the day and the dog has been walked but that's about it. Hoping to chill a bit today after spending all day yesterday at a local park on a stall for Scouts. Today I should have been at the raft race but as DH needed to go anyway to pull the trailer, I am staying at home - I do feel a bit guilty though!

I need to do some ironing so may do a couple of HHIs before it gets really hot!

Have a good day all
    Hugs
    Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 8th Jul 18, 10:24 AM
    • 4,726 Posts
    • 55,011 Thanks
    Jazee
    No dog walk but the dailies are done. Sitting in the sunshine having a cuppa. Will go indoors shortly to cool down and sort the hotspots.
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 8th Jul 18, 10:30 AM
    • 9,982 Posts
    • 124,451 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Walked around local car boot, it is going to be very hot there today, so glad I gave this week a miss for selling.

Breakfast eaten
    DW unpacked and repacked
    Loads of helio's flyover head to F1 GP.
    Going to sit in the shade and read again.
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky start date 29.01.18 28 to go / -14 so far and counting!!
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 8th Jul 18, 10:38 AM
    • 36,829 Posts
    • 474,017 Thanks
    pigpen
    Wow, feeling a bit stunned here. Someone has been bad mouthing me over something I havent actually done. I have been bending over backwards to help this person and somehow I have ended up having it all thrown back at me because they listened to some untrue gossip. Trying not to take it to heart but its really knocked me sideways..
    Originally posted by YORKSHIRELASS
    As it was gossip they listened to maybe she believes it to be true.. you should go correct her.. 'I understand you are of the belief I did this. That is in fact untrue and I am quite hurt you would think I would be so awful. If I had anything to say to you I was under the impression I could tell you and we could move on. Please don't believe everything you hear nd in future if this situation cops up please do ask me about it first rather than me having to hear it down the line'

Ive just found hubby's government gateway number...
    that's flying right?
    Originally posted by wishingthemortgaheaway
    You know they email it to you if you jump through a couple of red tape hoops? Then you screenshot it/photograph it and favourite it in your phone.. never lost again!

Juliejim.. nope.. tetris ongoing. The big furniture is all moved, the bedroom is decorated and looking fabulous.. I'll bung FB pics up shortly in a public album so you can all see.. we need new chests of drawers but need to the money to get them with first! Today I am boxing up ALL the toys and putting them upstairs to sort out whenever Twinkle goes down for a nap.. I WILL half the number of toys we have.. I blooming hate toys!!! They don't even play with them!!!

Looking forward to the England team being sent home.. have you seen the disgusting, disrespectful behaviour of the thugs over their and here and everywhere else?? It is shameful!! The video today of a man getting 7 shades of the proverbial beaten out of him by Russian police.. awful to watch but he clearly had no respect for the country he is in.. as when visitors come here.. the same laws apply, and the treatment is just the same.. The football associations should ban the English teams from taking part.. noone needs this rubbish!! in the 11 minute drive from tesco yesterday (which was beautiful and desserted I might add) we saw 17 riot vans.. 2 screeched to a halt and about 20 officers rolled out of each one.. how do they fit them all in!?!?! It was like a party popper!! Benidorm had riot police out to deal with them.. It's a glorified game of fetch.. it is not an excuse to get drunk and behave like a disgusting cretin and damage property and injure others and set fires (They set fires in the pub where OH works last match.. the time before 3 people were glassed and another fell over drunk into the broken glass and got carted off to hospital too) A game which is supposed to be fun should not require riot police, extra officers, flat out A&E departments and extra ambulance crews!! It makes me really really cross and utterly ashamed to even be considered the same nationality!
    Last edited by pigpen; 08-07-2018 at 11:33 AM.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/07/2018 £52998.57 (2.41% int.)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

106Posts Today

1,221Users online

Martin's Twitter