Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 1st Jul 18, 9:44 PM
    • 2,531Posts
    • 36,191Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd July 2018
    • 1st Jul 18, 9:44 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd July 2018 1st Jul 18 at 9:44 PM
    IT'S JULY ALREADY!!!

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Valli for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour- Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Ok here goes this week!

Mysterious Monday ~ Bathroom, Hall, Stairs and Study/PC Area

Level One...

DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS
    Open windows to let in air
    Wash and replace towels/flannels/bath mats with clean ones
    Clean cobwebs
    Level Two..
    Clean bath/shower/sink and toilet - Don't forget to give those taps an extra shine!
    Throw away any empty bottles
    Straighten computer desk
    Delete 50 emails - do you really need that sale email from Dotty P's?
    Level Three...
    Wash/vacuum floor
    Clean window
    Clean the windowsills
    Clean medicine cabinet - throw away out of date medicines.
    Put away any stray items in the hall and stairs - do you really need all that stuff cluttering up the stairs and hall/landing!!!
    Extras..
    • Wipe skirting boards up the stairs
    • Check supplies of paper/printer cartridges/stamps and envelopes
    • Throw away any pens that don't work
    • Clean fingerprints off light switches and doors.

Twinkling Tuesday ~ Master bedroom and Landing
    Level One..

Fling open windows to let air in especially as it's been hot and the room will be stuffy.
    DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS
    Clean Cobwebs
    Check firealarms are working, change battery if necessary.
    Remove and wash bed linen and duvet covers
    Level Two..
    Vacuum & turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen..
    Clean under the bed
    Polish furniture
    Level Three...
    Straighten/sort through make up
    Throw away any empty/out of date bottles
    Clean glass and mirrors - make them twinkle
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Clear a hotspot ~ or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Add a personal touch - flowers in a vase on a dresser, pretty bowl etc..
    Extras:
    • 36 fling boogie, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • HHI
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Clean light switch of hand prints or smudges
    • Clean main light and any lampshades
    • Clear the top of a bedside cupboard/chest of drawers or shelf

Wacky Wednesday ~ Those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms
    Level One..

Open windows to air room
    DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS
    Clean cobwebs
    Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Straighten toy shelves
    Level Two..
    Polish furniture
    Vacuum the floor
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Don’t forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Strip beds, turn and vacuum mattresses!! and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets need freshening up too!! Wash the curtains!
    Level Three...
    Sort out outgrown clothes and give to charity/neighbours/younger children.
    Put away stray items
    Clean fingerprints off light switches/doors/walls
    Clean under the bed - I know it's scary but it does have to be done. You could even delegate to a little pink if you don't fancy doing it yourself.
    Extras
    • Clean windows
    • Clean/scrub bath toys
    • Wipe the radiators, skirtings and window & door frames!
    • HHI
    • Rearrange videos/games/books

Tantalising Thursday ~ Dining Room and Entance/Porch
    Level One..

Open windows and let air in
    Clean cobwebs
    Dust windowsills and front door
    Throw away any newspapers/magazines that aren't needed.
    Level Two..
    Put plants in shower & give them a good rinse. Remember to put them back before everyone has a shower in the morning - it might be a bit unnerving having to shower with a plant!!!
    Clean and dust shiny things/mirror and glass
    Clean lightswitches of hand prints or smudges
    Level Three...
    Move furniture, if safe to do so, and hoover underdeath
    Clean and straighten any drawer
    Add a personal touch to the table - pretty tablecloth, vase of summer flowers!!
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Clean under sofa/chair cushions - lets see if you can find any money or even anything that you have lost recently
    Wipe down light fixtures - make those bulbs shine at night!
    Extras
    • Refill bird feeders
    • Throw away any dead plants
    • HHI
    • Binbag dance - Get a binbag... fill it and bin it!!
    • Wash any cushions, throws etc that need it..

Flying Friday ~ Kitchen
    Level One..

Open windows, let the air and blow those cobwebs away..
    Wash knick-knacks/canisters
    Mop/brush floor
    Level Two..
    Clean sink and draining board
    Clean microwave inside and out
    Empty fridge, clean shelves and doors and move any nearly out of date stuff to front to use up next.
    Empty and clean rubbish bin
    Level Three...
    Clean under sink - throw away any manky looking bottles/rags etc..
    Straighten drawers/cupboards
    Clean fan/vent/hood filters
    Clean pet dishes
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..(only a few at a time!)
    Extras
    • Check the smoke alarm - when was the last time you replaced the battery?
    • Clean the hob
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps - make them twinkle!!
    • 29 fling boogie - GO!!
    • Buy yourself some flowers from the shop.. your reward for making the kitchen shine!
    Last edited by Natty68; 05-07-2018 at 11:22 PM.

Struggling financially

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
Page 3
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 4th Jul 18, 9:25 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 2,837 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    Minimal flying done here as it's too hot. Washing reasonably up to date and kitchen cleared each morning whilst it's still bearable. Once I get home from work in the afternoon it is over 30° outside and around 29° inside in the main living area so I tend to go and hide away in one of the cooler parts.
    Will try and sort out a few more clothes etc in our bedroom, I am trying things on that I haven't worn regularly and asking would I buy them today if no then they are going. I am enjoying the space and discovering a few forgotten items.

Hugs to all those struggling
    • Maisie M
    • By Maisie M 4th Jul 18, 9:31 AM
    • 1,468 Posts
    • 13,869 Thanks
    Maisie M
    well after getting my parents grass cut and watering their plants then doing the shopping I was shattered and it was too hot to do much more so I have a mega list today

I have stripped ours and youngest Ds's beds ready for washing but just waiting on eldest DS to wake and get up so I can strip his and get the washing out.

Have done the ironing from yesterday's and Monday's washing and done a quick hit of a hot spot. So I am off for my shower then start on the bathroom.

Level One...
    DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS
    Open windows to let in air
    Wash and replace towels/flannels/bath mats with clean ones
    did this Monday
    Clean cobwebs

Level Two..
    Clean bath/shower/sink and toilet - Don't forget to give those taps an extra shine!

Level Three...
    Wash/vacuum floor
    Clean the windowsills

Put away any stray items in the hall and stairs - do you really need all that stuff cluttering up the stairs and hall/landing!!!

Extras..

Extras of my own

hang out duvets to air
    wash whites and hang out
    sort bank account
    cut mum and dads grass and water plants
    go shopping
    open current account for DS1 done online just need to go into branch with ID

Level One..

Fling open windows to let air in especially as it's been hot and the room will be stuffy.
    DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS
    Clean Cobwebs
    Remove and wash bed linen and duvet covers

Level Two..
    Vacuum & turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen..
    Polish furniture

Level Three...
    Throw away any empty/out of date bottles
    Clean glass and mirrors - make them twinkle
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Clear a hotspot ~ or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Add a personal touch - flowers in a vase on a dresser, pretty bowl etc.. went to pop in a new oil to my reed difuser as it was dry and realised I had no spares so will need to get one tomorrow

Extras:
    • 36 fling boogie, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • HHI
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Clear the top of a bedside cupboard/chest of drawers or shelf
    Last edited by Maisie M; 04-07-2018 at 5:58 PM.

• pigpen
    • By pigpen 4th Jul 18, 10:16 AM
    • 36,860 Posts
    • 474,383 Thanks
    pigpen
    Well... I've got £350 put by for housey things.. £140 for M&M's room decorating.. I'm now looking at removing the radiator.. putting that one in the hallway and getting a new vertical radiator for their room (£120) to clear some wall space for cupboards/desk.

Off to dangle out some washing and then walking to the gym to meet OH .. then a spending spree in B&M ... lidded storage boxes, underbed storage and hopefully a few small cardboard boxes for emptying a bookcase!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/11/2018 £51894.38 (2.41% int.)
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 4th Jul 18, 11:44 AM
    • 5,374 Posts
    • 53,180 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Yes, thank you Jazee, flopping did occur here but only after I'd cleared a backlog of some straightforward paperwork that had been mounting up for a couple of week. *virtuous*

I have an interview and 20 minute presentation to prep for Thursday

Vibes needed ladies xx
    Originally posted by atypicalblonde

A bucket of *posivibes* heading your way - that's the kind of bucket on the front of a digger, not the piddly things for the beach, by the way.

Yesterday afternoon was spent reading a book, in the garden under the shade, first time I have done that for a long time.
    Originally posted by kazwookie

It's so easy to forget that we need to stop and metaphorically smell the roses occasionally. OH and I ate dinner the other night on the sundeck, first time EVER, because it was less hassle than getting the kittens in while they were still boinging around. It begs the question - why don't we do these things more often because it's a lot less hassle than eating anywhere else in our case.

I've cleared some outstanding very froggy paperwork on the pet insurance claim front at long last which has taken several days to deal with from start to finish. Big sigh of relief.

I've also sorted out the photographs of the things I want to Ebay and Gumtree from the chalet and the attic, so now I need to do some measuring and writing so that I can list things carefully.

After that it's back to the 'one section at a time' tax return and then the newly froggy minutes from last week's meeting. I might actually stand a chance of doing quite a bit on those two jobs today which would be rather wonderful.
    Keeping it AF
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 4th Jul 18, 12:10 PM
    • 794 Posts
    • 9,532 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Lots of posivibes for you, ATB.

Just dashing through as I need to get to the shops. Actually I am not dashing, more like melting. I have to get petrol, then when I get back I have to wash my hair. My two most hated jobs in one day. I can't wait.
    • Skint59
    • By Skint59 4th Jul 18, 12:23 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    Skint59
    [QUOTE=Honey Bear;74486646

It's so easy to forget that we need to stop and metaphorically smell the roses occasionally. OH and I ate dinner the other night on the sundeck, first time EVER, because it was less hassle than getting the kittens in while they were still boinging around. It begs the question - why don't we do these things more often because it's a lot less hassle than eating anywhere else in our case.

.[/QUOTE]
    So very true Honey Bear. I have gone back to reading Alison May's Puttery treats. Mainly aimed at the housekeeper but also makes me stop and enjoy things more.
    I would eat out in the garden a lot more but Mr S isn't so keen. We have enjoyed coffee breaks outside together where we chatter on about nonsense whereas if we are in the house there is always something to do. So very relaxing outside....

Today I will finish off our bedroom and then I am off to the dreaded squishing machine....mammogram time. After I will do half our frog eating of paperwork.
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 4th Jul 18, 2:24 PM
    • 10,102 Posts
    • 125,298 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Right back from clothes sorting I did my two main over flow boxes, and 4 draws, results:-
    A load of tat in the bin
    A large box filled with car booting type clothes, if I can get a £1 each for
    of them better than nothing, then they can go to CS or recycling.
    A large CS bag filled as well
    10 items or so listed on eby that I 'found'
    A load of clothes, 'downgraded' for gardening / fencing painting / cleaning / dirty type jobs as they are not fit to be seen out in
    Plus I have found 6 t shirts and 4 shorts all brand new with the tags still on, that fit as well! so they are to be worn BEFORE I buy any more.
    My shoe box was also sorted, the lid now shuts correctly.

I really need to get my act together,..........this now leave me with one warobe to sort, my other very small warobe that you can get about 15 items in, is used weekly.

Plus I have an eby sale for £40, which suprised me as I was thinking about reducing the price, as it had been going round for several weeks.

Best go and post my sale as it is paid for.
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky is back on!
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 4th Jul 18, 4:14 PM
    • 2,977 Posts
    • 21,467 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Good afternoon ladies,

Thanks for the posi-vibes, I will be hoping the power of Flylady is behind me at 9.30 tomorrow morning! I am all prepped so now it's just a case of do my best and wait and see.

I am currently live chatting with EE - my contract is up and I want to go on a cheaper SIM only deal. Paying £30.99 per month at the moment and really don't need to be paying more than £20.

The washing has been line dried today, kiddies are home from school, showered and in their gear for their respective activities this evening.

July is a complete scrimping month for me - I have already cancelled The Times online subscription, Green Thumb and we are looking at reducing other outgoings too. If only we could reduce our council tax - £175 pcm!

Anyway I am waffling now. Will check back in tomorrow (I am so nervous) xx

ETA Monthly bill reduced to £14 hurrah!
    Last edited by atypicalblonde; 04-07-2018 at 4:36 PM.
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • Valli
    • By Valli 4th Jul 18, 4:39 PM
    • 20,701 Posts
    • 235,111 Thanks
    Valli
    absolutely manic here...y5/y6 have a performance so I am supporting at that, then next week its y3/y4 and I appear to be admin for that...as an overflow from office job - since I know what I am doing I am still doing it. Plus I said I would source the raffle prizes..been out begging already.
    And I am doing 3 collections for staff because the other person with whom I would be sharing this burden is off long term sick.
    Ho hum

bucketloads (the Honey Bear kind) of vibes for you ATB.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    Janice 1964-2016

Thank you Honey Bear
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 4th Jul 18, 5:16 PM
    • 2,545 Posts
    • 37,396 Thanks
    ionafan
    I am all prepped so now it's just a case of do my best and wait and see.

July is a complete scrimping month for me ....
    Monthly bill reduced to £14 hurrah!
    Originally posted by atypicalblonde
    Well done on both counts, atb and may the power of Flylady be with you tomorrow.

I am scrimping in July too. We seem to be spending a lot on food, even though I only buy basic SW friendly stuff from A1d!, except for when I make cakes for family or visitors. But somehow, as the ££ disappear from my account, the lbs are going on - far more on DH than on me, because I think he snacks on sweets and biscuits that he buys when he's let out on his own I try to keep track of what I eat when I go out.

I have had a migraine for the past 2 days Managed to get into college yesterday for our last evening, and found a few useful library books for my final assignment, but had to spend all this morning asleep on the sofa before I began to feel better. It is very hot here, so Rosie will have to wait until about 8 pm before she gets her walk.

I have sorted a lot of papers in my study this afternoon.
    Last edited by ionafan; 04-07-2018 at 5:19 PM.
    • Maisie M
    • By Maisie M 4th Jul 18, 6:01 PM
    • 1,468 Posts
    • 13,869 Thanks
    Maisie M
    Done quite well today and managed to get a lot done even though it has been really muggy.

Things to roll forward to tomorrow are:

Level One...
    Clean cobwebs

Level Two..

Level Three...

Extras..

Level One..

Clean Cobwebs

Level Three...
    Add a personal touch - flowers in a vase on a dresser, pretty bowl etc.. went to pop in a new oil to my reed difuser as it was dry and realised I had no spares so will need to get one tomorrow

Extras:

• pigpen
    • By pigpen 4th Jul 18, 6:26 PM
    • 36,860 Posts
    • 474,383 Thanks
    pigpen
    Well..

I have 3 small boxes of books for Fabian.. and a bookcase to empty.. and 4 boxes to fill with wool to go in the loft.. and 4 underbed storage boxes to fill with the excess books.
    I've put up a curtain in lieu of a door for the M&M room.

Then I have to..

move the bookcase
    empty and bin the pink chest of drawers
    move the vanity unit to the other side of the bed
    sand the wall where the now removed radiator used to be.

I have decided where the furniture and decor will be in there and in my head it is lovely!!

I need £140 for decorator, £65 for plumber.

I've requested quotes for the downstairs loo and shower I need doing so I can see how many banks I need to rob.

Oh... middle room..

The spinny chairs are being moved from the back room to the middle room. the purple sofa to the back room.

I'm having a chappy come possibly brick up the chimney in the back room.. I need a quote.. more ebeasting!!
    I can then fit the carpet in the back room and when I can afford to raise the floor in there I can just roll it up and get it done and roll it back down again.
    The front room is losing DD2's stuff to the middle room and the desk to the M&M room and that will leave room for Twinkles toys in the front room which will clear room in the girls bedroom for the cot to move in there..

I will need a bed finding for DD2 for the middle room and I think we are all set to get on with our chaotic lives...

I can do all that in 3 days right??
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/11/2018 £51894.38 (2.41% int.)
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 4th Jul 18, 7:08 PM
    • 25,171 Posts
    • 101,420 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Stage and surroundings all look very sparkly and pretty, if I ever see a roll..... I shall probably scream and beat somebody about the head with.....

Told another kid they had exactly thirty seconds to sort out their issue with another kid, forget about it or wait until after school to continue their dispute because I am too busy to do anything other than summon the boss, who will already be mad when they get here because I've disturbed them when they're busy. Pointed out to another that I appreciated how frustrating it must be to find something has been unplugged, but it's certainly not my fault and I am really not in the mood to have them ripping MY head off about it and I would try and help them if they remember not to take it out on me.

As usual, the printer has died. It always breaks down if you're forced to leave massive and urgent print runs until the last minute. That's why I ask for the things a week in advance.,,,,,,,,,,

snips for oversharing

I'm hot, in pain and tired.

But I'm sure the Boss will be roundly applauded for their wonderful work tomorrow night.

Himself made me food when I limped in (chicken chargrill and a plate of leaves with a tomato), but I'm hungry again.

I need carbs. I miss potatoes (especially as the potato salad for lunch had been allowed to boil dry so now tastes of burned potatoes and contaminated everything else in the box with the smell/taste).

I might send him for chips.
    Last edited by Jojo the Tightfisted; 04-07-2018 at 8:22 PM.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 4th Jul 18, 7:37 PM
    • 2,293 Posts
    • 21,750 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Evening all. Still 5000° here, so I am a hot, sweaty, grumpy, tired mess.

Will catch up on everyone's news tomorrow but wanted to wish ATB the very best of luck for your interview in the morning - go get 'em girl!
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 4th Jul 18, 9:43 PM
    • 4,622 Posts
    • 38,713 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Oh atb so much love and good wishes coming your way, go smash it girl x I can relate to the financial problems about OH being self employed. There have been so many times when I have wished that DH would go and get a "normal" job.

I am still waiting to hear if my temporary promotion is going to be permanent. Very stressful.

Have done 7.5 hrs at the paid stuff, quickly hoovered, mopped floors, threw some diced chicken in a jar of sauce, went to my gym class and swished kitchen cupboard doors. 30 minutes with a G&T and the laptop then I am done for the day.
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 4th Jul 18, 10:22 PM
    • 2,531 Posts
    • 36,191 Thanks
    Natty68
    I am sòooooo sorry for missing today's listy..total brain for moment.

I have put what would have been today's list up as well tomorrow's one.

Hope you didn't miss this list too much

Struggling financially

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    • dancemum
    • By dancemum 4th Jul 18, 11:08 PM
    • 2,135 Posts
    • 31,041 Thanks
    dancemum
    Lots of laundry done
    Parcels collected from nxt
    Dance grandparents!!!8217; medicines collected and delivered
    Half my tooth fell out only 2 weeks after the crown on its tooth neighbour was replaced. Can!!!8217;t get an appointment until Tuesday.
    DS2 is supposed to be doing a doe expedition next week with a over night. Not sure how he will manage especially with taking food to cook as he only eats orange breadcrumbed food for dinner.

Flc

found out this week that some elderly relatives have been ripped off by a shifty odd job man, he took over £300 off them over the weekend. They were scared to report it. I only found out when I saw the man going up their drive and then I found him in their living room. We told the carers and some nurse team and then rang other officials today. It is heart breaking they are so vulnerable.

slinkyness I may have been right with the 3 stone but on instead of off
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 5th Jul 18, 7:08 AM
    • 1,744 Posts
    • 8,879 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    I'm making a pledge: today I will fly!

Need to drop the Pickle off at the Childminder's and I have someone coming to visit at 10:30, that gives me just over 2 hours. I will:

*Put all dry washing away (not done it in days!)
    *Tidy our bedroom to sort out the remaining bits from the decorator being here.
    *Remove the items from hall/stairs & landing that shouldn't be there.
    *Finish the cellar sort (stairs & corridor bit)
    *quick tidy of rest of the house
    *deal with the dining room!!

Please could you offer me advice flyers?
    Our dining room is a through room, from the hallway (which is narrow) to the living room, back yard, kitchen & cellar. As such the dining room and especially the table, become a bit (lot) of a dumping ground. It's got particularly out of hand this week, but it's never good. It is a 'hot spot' what can I do to reduce the hot spottyness of it?

Right best get up - Pickle's gro clock is telling him it's morning.
    Thank you.
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = £400) 2018 Starts at 13/100 o/s £34,750.
    Jan 18 14/100 Feb 15/100 March 18/100 April 19/100 May 20/100 June 21/100
    Term Mortgage free date: October 2029 Current mortgage free date: April 2025 March 2024 Jan 2024
    MFW 2018 Challenge Member #162 £1600ish/£2,500
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 5th Jul 18, 7:32 AM
    • 2,545 Posts
    • 37,396 Thanks
    ionafan

Happy Birthday, dancemum xx
    Hope the broken tooth doesn't stop you enjoying a treat or two.

Good luck atb!

Hope you get good news soon, YL.

Wish, I can only suggest that you never walk through your DR without taking one thing to put away in its proper place, and train others to do the same, and clear it completely once a day so that it never gets too bad. I have the same problem with our dining table which is next to our front door, and it gets boxes, bags, post, newspapers and things to be delivered to other people left on it.

I'm feeling better today so must concentrate on my assignment, but first I need another cuppa.

Flying so far this morning has consisted of putting away last night's washing up and removing some more of the ghastly coloured paint that is stopping my spiky potted succulent (gift from friend who is not a gardener) from growing. I could almost hear the plant sighing with relief as I exposed the growing tip of each leaf and picked off some of the paint.

When DH finally emerges from his cocoon, I will strip our bed and wash the bedding today. And the downstairs floors are covered in bits of moss from the area of dried up grass that has replaced the 'lawn', so I might persuade DH to hoover round everywhere.

Hope everyone has a good day x
    Last edited by ionafan; 05-07-2018 at 7:38 AM.
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 5th Jul 18, 9:04 AM
    • 10,102 Posts
    • 125,298 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Morning

Happy Birthday

Wish, I would remove the table for a month or so, so folk have to take their 'stuff' with them, then replace the table at a later date.

Downstairs all hoovered
    Kitchen floor done
    WM done and out on line
    Bank done.............
    Volunteer job checked, I just need to ring a few people.

Dancing it is a good job you arrived at the house when you did, do they have a door chain they can put on before opening to unknown people?
    I would also suggest you or someone else who they trust, goes therough their bank statement just to make sure they have not set up any DD or SO's to 'unknown' companies etc and maybe help them to change their pin number as well.
    Scum bags people like that praying on older folk, give them 10 mins with me, actually no, I wouldn't need 10 mins.......2mins would do.
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky is back on!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,072Posts Today

6,990Users online

Martin's Twitter