Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 1st Jul 18, 9:19 PM
    • 4,477Posts
    • 78,940Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 1st Jul 18, 9:19 PM
    Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 1st Jul 18 at 9:19 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you!!!8230;!!!8230;!!!8230;go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list !!!8211; so that!!!8217;s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra !!!8216;a!!!8217; choice and one Healthy Extra !!!8216;b!!!8217; choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Last edited by Chrisv; 01-07-2018 at 9:30 PM.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Ė Donald Horban
Page 42
    • tweets
    • By tweets 7th Aug 18, 2:01 PM
    • 30,280 Posts
    • 431,755 Thanks
    tweets
    I think I'm in the minority but I quite like the SW meals! The beef in gravy with 'veg crush', and the paella in particular. Do not have the fish pie though, it is HORRIBLE.

Thanks Maman, yeah I will definitely experiment with the burgers

And thanks Denise, will have a browse of her site. I would like to eat less meat actually so that'll be a good place to start.
    Originally posted by Tete en l'Air

I like the meals but not pasta ones don't like pasta I enjoy them served with more veg

I agree that fish pie is one of worst meals I have ever tasted it went in the bin wouldn't even gave it Poppy dog .

I rang up and complained and got my money back
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Aug 18, 2:17 PM
    • 57,444 Posts
    • 235,255 Thanks
    beanielou
    I was amazed the other day how many meals Iceland had now
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. MFW 2018. No 144
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 7th Aug 18, 4:16 PM
    • 5,465 Posts
    • 40,514 Thanks
    joedenise
    Unfortunately Maman I don't have a pound stretchers near me but that's a great price for mixed beans. If I come across one on my travels I'll definitely be picking some up at that price!

Tete - I quite like the beff in gravy with veg crush as well but unfortunately DH hated it! Not tried the paella but not sure I'd like it as I've had frozen paella (non-SW) before and really didn't like it.

I'm sure you'll find something on the JM site that you like the look of. Let us know if you do anything from it.

DGS still hasn't heard from his letting agent when he'll be able to move in! Getting fed up now they just keep telling him they'll update him in a hour! DH and I have just had to cancel our plans for tomorrow (was supposed to be going to lunch with friends) in case it gets sorted tomorrow!

DH and DGS will be having a takeaway tonight. I'll be sticking to the LO veggies meals with rice - will probably have the mixed bean goulash plus a bit of the aubergine and lentil curry.

Denise
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Aug 18, 5:24 PM
    • 53,005 Posts
    • 628,939 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Tete i make burgers half beef mince and haf pork mince ,both 5% , add onions, paprika, worcester sauce and a few mixed herbs otherwise they are very bland.
    Have made some for dh for tea but i didnt want burgers so i am having a WW wrap pizza as not had hexb and i must say it looks lush before its cooked
    Denise hope DGS gets his house soon x
    SSM thatas not a bad gain, i can gain that being good
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Aug 18, 5:41 PM
    • 57,444 Posts
    • 235,255 Thanks
    beanielou
    Denise~~hope the house is sorted out really soon.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 7th Aug 18, 5:44 PM
    • 16,388 Posts
    • 195,900 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    maman, I am being so good I am amazed with myself.

bubbs, I felt rubbish on Sunday really over indulged whilst watching films (I never do this.... but I think a little TLC was needed).

So today:

Breakfast
    all bran, quark and brambles

Lunch
    Salad with kippers (pks from Asda - no idea of syns, I am assuming that this is free..) one table spoon light lightest majo (or something of that name).
    Snacks - 3 carrots and 2 small apples

Tea
    I think I will use the rest of the salad..... or with all the burger talk I may have burgers. I do burgers with low fat mince, onion, herbs and egg, top with poach egg and bacon....ooh and I could have the salad on the side.

Fruit and yoghurt in reserve for emergency if the munches get me later.

I have realised if I eat onion in salad it makes me feel full (think it is the gas.... but every little helps!)

Off to walk the dog.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Aug 18, 6:04 PM
    • 57,444 Posts
    • 235,255 Thanks
    beanielou
    SM~~kippers

***Keep plodding***
    • TakeItEazy
    • By TakeItEazy 7th Aug 18, 6:51 PM
    • 2,325 Posts
    • 15,555 Thanks
    TakeItEazy
    Hey, I'm following Slimming World and at the same time making some dishes/cocktails on my own.
    Like yesterday I had a protein cocktail like this:
    2 scoops of protein powder
    1 handful ice
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 banana
    2-3 frozen strawberries.

Try it; it's beyond expectations.
    Originally posted by LilTerryWhite
    My hubby has protein shakes and Iím shocked at how many calories they are! Probably the reason he canít shift the weight

Iím feeling really bloated too, only had a prawn salad. Think itís the lettuce that does it
    Hubby & son are at the NEC so a peaceful night with the remote for me
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Aug 18, 7:04 PM
    • 53,005 Posts
    • 628,939 Thanks
    bubbs
    This was my pizza and rude looking ice lolly

Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 7th Aug 18, 7:44 PM
    • 16,388 Posts
    • 195,900 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    bubbs that is a very interesting phallic lolly....... do not eat it in front of mr bubbs...... poor man!
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 7th Aug 18, 7:53 PM
    • 5,465 Posts
    • 40,514 Thanks
    joedenise
    bubbs that is a very interesting phallic lolly....... do not eat it in front of mr bubbs...... poor man!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy

We should have a "Funny" button!

Denise
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Aug 18, 8:09 PM
    • 53,005 Posts
    • 628,939 Thanks
    bubbs

We should have a "Funny" button!

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise
    She is a cracker
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Arkers
    • By Arkers 7th Aug 18, 8:26 PM
    • 750 Posts
    • 5,888 Thanks
    Arkers
    Good evening everyone,

Well, stuck to the plan for the whole of last week and didn't lose and ounce...I went to the gym six times and worked my butt off. I think my body is in shock!!! I could have caved this week but I think I'm going through a period of adjustment? On the upside I haven't had an alcoholic drink since 24/7.

Well done all the losers and keep going for those like me, not losing.

Arkers x
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 7th Aug 18, 9:11 PM
    • 16,388 Posts
    • 195,900 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Good evening everyone,

Well, stuck to the plan for the whole of last week and didn't lose and ounce...I went to the gym six times and worked my butt off. I think my body is in shock!!! I could have caved this week but I think I'm going through a period of adjustment? On the upside I haven't had an alcoholic drink since 24/7.

Well done all the losers and keep going for those like me, not losing.

Arkers x
    Originally posted by Arkers

You are doing better than me..... sadly a Fab lolly fell in my mouth!

Thank god it is 4 syns..... So I am at 5 syns today.

Just googled the syns of lollies .....Rowntrees fruit pastilles ice lolly - 2.5 syns - I am going to buy some of these!
    Last edited by Sunshinemummy; 07-08-2018 at 9:14 PM.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 7th Aug 18, 9:17 PM
    • 16,388 Posts
    • 195,900 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    SM~~kippers
    Originally posted by beanielou
    and I had salad and salmon for tea.... all fished out!

• MKS
    • By MKS 8th Aug 18, 8:11 AM
    • 9,891 Posts
    • 151,877 Thanks
    MKS
    That is why I don't eat sausages.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 8th Aug 18, 8:19 AM
    • 2,255 Posts
    • 12,216 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Been offline for a few days. With it being school holidays I have lots of odd days off work, and never seem to find time to get on here.
    Lots of meals out, but counterbalanced with lots of body magic means I had a 1/2lb loss last night which I was pleasantly surprised by.

Working today, and it feels like a Monday, which will be nice come tomorrow afternoon and I'll be done for the week.

Determined with 2 days in the office to have 2 very on plan days, before the weekend.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - couscous salad
    Dinner - Burritos (no wrap for me)
    Snacks - fruit, sf jelly, cereal bars

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - sf jelly (0.5), dressing (0.5). Saving the rest for the weekend
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 53 lb
    Last updated: 27th February 2018
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 8th Aug 18, 9:01 AM
    • 2,837 Posts
    • 2,794 Thanks
    Stoke
    -2lbs off last night which means I am once again just 0.5lbs off 5st. Hopefully, hopefully, I will get it next week.

Anyone tried SW sausages with ordinary baked beans? Did it last night and they seem to compliment each other really well. The sauce takes a bit of the dryness out of the sausages
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Aug 18, 10:27 AM
    • 57,444 Posts
    • 235,255 Thanks
    beanielou
    -2lbs off last night which means I am once again just 0.5lbs off 5st. Hopefully, hopefully, I will get it next week.

Anyone tried SW sausages with ordinary baked beans? Did it last night and they seem to compliment each other really well. The sauce takes a bit of the dryness out of the sausages
    Originally posted by Stoke
    You WILL get it next week.

Not a lover of the SW sausages or the burgers but yes the beans help. A lot.

***Keep plodding***
    • maman
    • By maman 8th Aug 18, 12:48 PM
    • 18,592 Posts
    • 110,952 Thanks
    maman
    Pleased you got losses kathrynha and Stoke. It means you're both on track and going in the right direction.

The celebrations on your 5 stone will just have to wait until next week Stoke.

Asda kippers (chilled) are either free or 1 syn for 100g if they are the ones with butter ssm.

I bought a bag of baking potatoes and cooked them in the oven alongside my roast at the weekend before freezing. I'm having one for lunch today so I'll see if I think they're much better than doing them in the microwave.

Out for tea this afternoon. I've got about 50 syns left, will eat lunch beforehand and saved my HEB today so hopefully that should cover it.

I am feeling slimmer but not enough to lose the 3 lbs over target range. I'm going to ask consultant tomorrow whether I have any holidays (do target members have holidays??) or what's the best way of just marking time for a couple of weeks until I can get back on track properly. Next week will be a write off with loads of meals out starting tomorrow night. I don't mind paying if I have to I just need to find the best scenic route.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, HEA for milk
    L: JP with cottage cheese, spring onion and beetroot
    D: SW Bolognese with tagliatelle
    Syns: Parmesan 2? and whatever damage afternoon tea does.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,383Posts Today

8,642Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Very kind. But it'd be an economic nightmare. People would get the note out, see me, and think, nah I probably shou? https://t.co/BYtFaddGcW

• Today?s twitter poll: Does President Trump put you off visiting the USA?? On Friday I did a poll about cities you'? https://t.co/5gbpoA9bF9

• RT @helen_undy: We're expanding our trustee board at this exciting point in @mmhpi's development, looking for 3 talented people to join @Ma?

• Follow Martin