Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 1st Jul 18, 9:19 PM
    • 4,523Posts
    • 79,141Thanks
    Chrisv
    Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018
    • 1st Jul 18, 9:19 PM
    Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018 1st Jul 18 at 9:19 PM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you!!!8230;!!!8230;!!!8230;go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list !!!8211; so that!!!8217;s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra !!!8216;a!!!8217; choice and one Healthy Extra !!!8216;b!!!8217; choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66049704&postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables
    Last edited by Chrisv; 01-07-2018 at 9:30 PM.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it – Donald Horban
Page 40
    • tweets
    • By tweets 5th Aug 18, 8:04 PM
    • 30,766 Posts
    • 436,199 Thanks
    tweets
    I know i get like that right on the edge of my bubble, then can guarantee the next week i will put on but i am pleased how i have maintained always kept at target and more for 4 months now, soon whizzed by
    Are you doing anything different?
    Originally posted by bubbs

No not really doing anything different apart from sweating with the hot weather

Glad I am hols and hoping its cooler when go back September
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Aug 18, 8:06 PM
    • 53,609 Posts
    • 633,463 Thanks
    bubbs
    No not really doing anything different apart from sweating with the hot weather

Glad I am hols and hoping its cooler when go back September
    Originally posted by tweets
    I sweat like a pig but put 1lb on last week
    Today is a killer
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 3 1/2 lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 5th Aug 18, 8:14 PM
    • 30,766 Posts
    • 436,199 Thanks
    tweets
    I sweat like a pig but put 1lb on last week
    Today is a killer

Been hot here reached 28 degrees I not walked far so step count is down lol
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Aug 18, 8:38 PM
    • 53,609 Posts
    • 633,463 Thanks
    bubbs
    I just went to lock the car still 28 now on the car its bloody ridiculous not looked in here was 36 last time, i just said as i walked in bloody hell its like stepping into an oven.
    Edit just looked 33 degrees and its 8.40
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Aug 18, 8:41 PM
    • 53,609 Posts
    • 633,463 Thanks
    bubbs
    Daft question, you know when you make ice lollies ? do you put neat squash in or dilute it?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 5th Aug 18, 9:15 PM
    • 58,653 Posts
    • 243,019 Thanks
    beanielou
    - 1lb

…………………………….
    Originally posted by tweets
    Well done
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 5th Aug 18, 9:17 PM
    • 58,653 Posts
    • 243,019 Thanks
    beanielou
    I have just made these, a crustless quiche and for something different a quiche inside beef tomatoes

Looks lush

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 5th Aug 18, 9:19 PM
    • 58,653 Posts
    • 243,019 Thanks
    beanielou
    Daft question, you know when you make ice lollies ? do you put neat squash in or dilute it?
    I would dilute.
    Depends on how strong tasting you want them to be I suppose.

***Keep plodding***
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Aug 18, 9:23 PM
    • 53,609 Posts
    • 633,463 Thanks
    bubbs
    Looks lush
    Originally posted by beanielou
    The tomato ones was lush
    I would dilute.
    Depends on how strong tasting you want them to be I suppose.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Nearly 51 and never made an ice lollythanks beanie
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 5th Aug 18, 10:04 PM
    • 4,523 Posts
    • 79,141 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Here is last week's chart.

Well done Vixstar on SOTW

*SOTW is the person who lost most this week who also lost or maintained last week.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 5th Aug 18, 10:26 PM
    • 58,653 Posts
    • 243,019 Thanks
    beanielou
    Thanks for the chart Chris.
    Well done Vixstar on SOTW.

***Keep plodding***
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 5th Aug 18, 10:46 PM
    • 16,501 Posts
    • 196,914 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Thanks for the chart Chris.
    Well done Vixstar on SOTW
    • LilTerryWhite
    • By LilTerryWhite 6th Aug 18, 9:06 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    LilTerryWhite
    It's kind of too late but I want to join you guys. My plan is to lose 10 pounds in 1month.
    Start date 6.03.18. (weight - 165 pounds).
    My plan for today:
    Breakfast - cereals
    Lunch - Chicken salad
    Dinner - Protein cocktail and salad
    Snacks - apple, protein bar, natural yogurt.
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 6th Aug 18, 9:25 AM
    • 4,523 Posts
    • 79,141 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Never too late to join in Terry, welcome to the thread

• Tete en l'Air
    • By Tete en l'Air 6th Aug 18, 9:38 AM
    • 6,893 Posts
    • 31,675 Thanks
    Tete en l'Air
    Never too late Terry! Are you following Slimming World?

Thanks for the chart Chris and well done Vix!

Went a bit off plan last night when I remembered about a chunk of coconut ice in the freezer and my sweet tooth got the better of me Three days to pull it round before getting weighed again...

I made some burgers yesterday from an old recipe I remembered making in school over 20 years ago. Containing mince, red onion, garlic, baked beans and (1.5 syns) cheese. They worked in the sense that they didn't fall apart, but were a tad bland, probably should have put a few herbs or something in (I didn't season the mixture at all) ... any tips please?

Bubbs I've only made lollies once and diluted to my normal taste, however when frozen all the juice had sunk to the bottom and the top was just ice. I might try it with fresh orange juice one day, I know technically it shuld be synned but I wouldn't.

Plan for today:
    B - Yog and granola
    D - Burger (1.5), chips* and salad (grated carrot, cucumber, cherry toms)
    T - Carbonara (bacon, onion, mushrooms, egg, FF fromage frais)
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - Granola
    Syns - Burger (1.5), coconut oil (2), sugar in coffee (4), hot choc (2) = 9.5

My menus are going to be a bit strange and samey this week as I try to use up anything fresh before going away for the long weekend.

*I am loving my actifry!! Confession: I use proper oil in cooking and don't syn it. I use way less oil in the actifry than I would making chips or wedges in the oven. It's a SW and MSE win-win!

Right I'm off into the garden to try to tidy it up (again - I keep trying but it's just so hot!)
    Slimming for Summer: 1.5/10 | Total loss: 6 lbs
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 6th Aug 18, 10:39 AM
    • 5,699 Posts
    • 42,111 Thanks
    joedenise
    Congratulations Vixstar on being our SOTW and thanks to Chrisv for the chart.

I'm having a Green day today as I want 2 HEBs - it's an almost SP day except I really want rice with my curry and not cauliflower rice which never fills me up!

B: 2 Weetabix (HEB1), milk (part HEA); raspberries
    L - 4 Ryvita (HEB2); HM hummus made with Tahini (works out to 2 syns per Tbs but happy to syn this as it's much tastier than the SW version!); with carrot sticks, cucumber sticks & pepper slices
    D - aubergine & green lentil curry & rice - this is a new recipe for me which is adapted from a Jack Monroe recipe (www.cookingonabootstrap)

HEA - 350ml skimmed milk
    HEB1 - 2 weetabix
    HEB2 - 4 Dark Rye Ryvita

Syns - tahini in humous, probably 4 syns, glass of red wine 5 syns (that's what's left over from last night so needs using up)

Denise
    • majorica
    • By majorica 6th Aug 18, 12:10 PM
    • 427 Posts
    • 4,181 Thanks
    majorica
    Thanks Chris for the chart, well done Vixstar for SOTW

Well back from a week away in the sun and I'm totally embarrased to say I am +6 lb this week
    hopefully it is water retention or bloating or something and I can lose it quickly, but probably it is because I ate all the wrong things and it has come back to bite me on the bum.
    Never mind it's a new week and I will stick to plan and keep everything crossed.
    • maman
    • By maman 6th Aug 18, 12:22 PM
    • 18,845 Posts
    • 112,530 Thanks
    maman
    Hi terry?Well done on your weightloss so far. Are you actually following Slimming World or doing your own thing? What's a protein cocktail??

Are you starting back on plan today ssm? Back on the carrots?

I reckon I've got about 50 syns left since Friday's WI. I don't really need many so I can use them at this Afternoon Tea thing on Wednesday. It wouldn't be my choice of using syns but it's friend's leaving do so I have to suck it up (or hopefully not). Then I'll have to go to WI a day early on Thursday as I'd rather pay my usual consultant and then I'm out for a meal on Thursday evening. Hopefully I will get at least STS this week so I'm not going backwards.

Today DH and I aren't going to be home together for dinner so as I'm eating on my own I plan to treat myself to my favourite egg and chips!

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, overnight oats with strawberries and more berries
    L: cold pork with LO fried veg
    D: SW chips, fried eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus
    Syns: NONE!
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 6th Aug 18, 2:00 PM
    • 5,699 Posts
    • 42,111 Thanks
    joedenise
    Funnily enough we were originally going to have egg, chips & beans for tonight's dinner but we had DGS staying overnight and he wanted a fry up for breakfast so he and DH had bacon, egg & beans so had to change tonight's dinner. I stuck with weetabix with raspberries for breakfast as planned. But that of course meant I needed to change tonight's dinner so I had a hunt on the internet to find something to use up the aubergine I've got hanging around in the fridge! I've only got the one so decided to add a tin of green lentils instead of the other aubergine the recipe calls for. Hope it's good as I can sometimes get aubergines quite cheap (don't think they sell particularly well where I live!).

Enjoy your egg & chips Maman.

Denise
    • Stoke
    • By Stoke 6th Aug 18, 2:24 PM
    • 2,975 Posts
    • 3,135 Thanks
    Stoke
    Good luck everyone for the week ahead
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

352Posts Today

2,385Users online

Martin's Twitter