Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Back again with my meal plan for today:

B - fry up - bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes & beans
    L - LO veggie pie (5 syns for potato pastry); salad - mixed leaves, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions, grated carrot; dressed with balsamic vinegar
    D - steak, chips, onions, mushrooms, beans, mixed leaves & tomatoes

HEA - milk
    HEB - still to be decided
    Syns - potato pastry 5 syns; wine syns:D

Denise
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    bubbs wrote: »
    But mine are nearly always the same foods was talking about this at group last night, the winter is actually better for me as roasts, soups, stews, pies etc

That's exactly what I was saying last night.
    I'm struggling in summer.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • joedenise
    bubbs wrote: »
    I will cook a chicken tomorrow when picky tea is in for Sun, i am actually going to a party tomorrow evening but will have tea before i go :D

If you slow cook your chicken it won't make the kitchen hotter and I think actually tastes better than a roast chicken as it's more succulent. You could cook it overnight if you want to have it cold for dinner tomorrow so a win:win:T.

Denise
  • joedenise
    MissTeach wrote: »
    I haven't set a final target as when I started SW I weighed 21 stone 1lb and was totally dubious about anything working. I didn't anticipate such a big weight loss and never really knew what was realistic! I have my 8 stone award down as an interim target which I set when I got to 5stone loss. I still don't know what is realistic. I'm still wearing size 16 clothes and knowing I've got there from a size 26 I'm really proud of myself but I don't want to be a size 16. Everyone says I don't look like a size 16 but knowing I've come so far, I want to see what I can do. I'd bloody love to fit in a size 10 but not sure if that's just too ambitious! I've bought a few bits in size 14 which are starting to fit.
    I might just aim for my 10 stone award and If I get to a point where I'm happy before then, then I'll call target. It's so hard to judge!

You have done amazingly well and to be 10 dress sizes down is a massive achievement. Maybe you could just do 1 stone interim targets until you get to where you feel comfortable and then call target. I think it must be very difficult to guess how much weight you want to lose when you first start. I didn't have this problem as I only needed to lose about a stone - I did lose 1.5 stone but then got told off by my doctor when I got ill and told to put 1/2 stone back on which is where my target is now.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Denise
  • Moneysaverme
    Moneysaverme Posts: 284 Forumite
    Glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday MAMAN. Turkish food.... yum!

Miss Teach, what an incredible loss so far. Keep going and see how you feel. That’s what I’m doing, though it does get tricky towards the end to know when to stop.

Reporting a loss of - 1 lb this week.
    Pretty happy with that. I’m nearly into a new 10 lb bracket which is encouraging.

I’m off to make a SW quiche now. It’s a great thing to have in the fridge in this hot weather and easy to grab when you can’t be bothered to cook anything more substantial.

Have a good day all x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • B17c
    B17c Posts: 333 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I know I'm a little bit late but please may I join the 9 week challenge? I'm going away for 2 weeks in October and I've got a fair amount to lose...

I've done SW before and have the books... I'm debating about joining a group again as I feel the weigh in motivates me but it's another thing to pay for!! :(

I'm aiming for 14 lbsplease
    Credit Card Debt:[STRIKE]£12991[/STRIKE] £12526
    14/12/18 27/12/18
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2019
    #126 £1900/£12526
  • Morning all

Well done to all those that have lost & cwtchs to those that haven't. Hope those that are finding this weather testing are baring up.

I'm pleased to say that wi today saw a -2lb so only 9lbs to go to target .....not that I haven't been here before lol

This good weather is obviously helping - I'm finding it easier to drink water (which I've always struggled with) and not to pick as I've had no real appetite (ditto).

Going away next weekend so I've already found a class to near where I'm staying ...I'd have to pay for the week anyway & if I know I've got a fortnight to my next wi I know I'd go off plan. We're climbing Ben Nevis ...so if I don't lose the weekend after there really will be trouble lol.

So how much am I being offered not to watch the match today???.
  • Just seen your post but welcome B17c
  • Miss Teach .....I know what you mean about being a size 16 but I'm balancing it up with what I feel happiest with and what I know is maintainable.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    MissTeach wrote: »
    I haven't set a final target as when I started SW I weighed 21 stone 1lb and was totally dubious about anything working. I didn't anticipate such a big weight loss and never really knew what was realistic! I have my 8 stone award down as an interim target which I set when I got to 5stone loss. I still don't know what is realistic. I'm still wearing size 16 clothes and knowing I've got there from a size 26 I'm really proud of myself but I don't want to be a size 16. Everyone says I don't look like a size 16 but knowing I've come so far, I want to see what I can do. I'd bloody love to fit in a size 10 but not sure if that's just too ambitious! I've bought a few bits in size 14 which are starting to fit.
    I might just aim for my 10 stone award and If I get to a point where I'm happy before then, then I'll call target. It's so hard to judge!
    I am now a 16 , 14 in some but not many but am quiet happy ike this , i just want to be able to maintain and i know i would struggle lower:o i have not been this weight since i was about 14 and am 51 this yr
    curl_girl wrote: »
    That's exactly what I was saying last night.
    I'm struggling in summer.
    I like salad it dont bother me but its the same ole with it all the time:cool:
    joedenise wrote: »
    If you slow cook your chicken it won't make the kitchen hotter and I think actually tastes better than a roast chicken as it's more succulent. You could cook it overnight if you want to have it cold for dinner tomorrow so a win:win:T.

Denise

I dont like chicken in the slow cooker :o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure