Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • appledave
    • By appledave 30th Jun 18, 1:56 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 2Thanks
    appledave
    Premier Park - Ringo
    • 30th Jun 18, 1:56 PM
    Premier Park - Ringo 30th Jun 18 at 1:56 PM
    I!!!8217;ve got a parking ticket stating I haven!!!8217;t paid for the whole period of parking which is not true. We parked for 5 hours though only paid for 4. The reason why was because we used and app (Ringo) to pay for 3 hours initially then lost mobile reception and when realised we!!!8217;d gone over an hour (therefore unpaid) so paid another 1 hour to cover our stay until we left.

I appreciate we!!!8217;re in the wrong though it!!!8217;s a large fine for an unintentional parking session.

The fine is £100 reduces to £60 if paid soon.

Do I engage with this company to appeal or is there a reccomended route to take?

Any help much appreciated David
    Last edited by appledave; 04-07-2018 at 8:50 PM. Reason: Grammer
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jul 18, 9:05 PM
    • 59,410 Posts
    • 72,561 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    So are we.

And you should have used the forum template appeal which has no lies in it, and wouldn't have been such a weak appeal.

the shortfall we owe
    eeek!

I live locally in Exeter so happy to pop into your office if it helps.
    You appear to have been under the misapprehension that scum ex-clampers are a normal company.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• appledave
    • By appledave 5th Jul 18, 8:29 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    appledave
    Scam!
    Look you guys know this subject inside out...

If it’s a SCAM as you say who’s being honest!

We’re constantly told to ignore SCAMS like all the dodgy emails such as fake bank details request/logins etc...

So referring to my previous question do I pay the £60 now or send my ‘weak’ appeal and risk paying £100 ????
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 5th Jul 18, 9:31 AM
    • 36,233 Posts
    • 20,510 Thanks
    Quentin
    You previously have ignored all the advice given here.

Post #11 above answers your question!
    • appledave
    • By appledave 5th Jul 18, 9:43 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    appledave
    Post #11 doesn!!!8217;t answer my question £100 later is more than paying £60 now.

Thanks for help....so much for ignoring scams eh or should I say ekkk!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 5th Jul 18, 10:03 AM
    • 36,233 Posts
    • 20,510 Thanks
    Quentin
    The advice here is you ignore this at your peril.

You haven't been told to ignore this in this forum!
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Jul 18, 10:28 AM
    • 9,686 Posts
    • 9,519 Thanks
    The Deep
    Honesty is good, but it needs to be returned, it will not be, this is a scam.

Ok you overstayed and think you owe them money, but £100, I think not.

Do they have a valid contract with the landowner, are their signs legal, are their T&C unambiguous/lawful, was their paperwork submitted in a timey manner, etc., etc., etc.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • appledave
    • By appledave 5th Jul 18, 12:37 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    appledave
    Thankyou for your message I!!!8217;ll email my MP.

I try to take advice though it!!!8217;s not been an easy process to make sense of for me. I!!!8217;m grateful for the messages from people on this forum.

Would you recommend I continue with a POPLA appeal or is it likely I!!!8217;ll lose and have to pay the £100 instead of £60.

Much appreciated
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Jul 18, 4:30 PM
    • 59,410 Posts
    • 72,561 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    IF.YOU.LOSE.AT.POPLA.YOU.DO.NOT.PAY.

So your question is wrong. Neither £60 nor £100 is even worth thinking about.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• appledave
    • By appledave 5th Jul 18, 5:10 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    appledave
    Yeah kinda brings me back to why not ignore it all together then....will keep you posted cheers
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Jul 18, 5:24 PM
    • 59,410 Posts
    • 72,561 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    kinda brings me back to why not ignore it all together then
    Answered in #15. It's an option but singles you out for possible later suing.

• appledave
    • By appledave 9th Jul 18, 9:40 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    appledave
    MP involvement
    Hello my local MP has quickly responded to me and is happy to write to Premier Park if it would help?

I haven’t started the POPLA thing yet.

It says in my MPs letter “the company may take that person to a civil court to enforce the debt’”

Thanks again D
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 18, 1:19 AM
    • 59,410 Posts
    • 72,561 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It says in my MPs letter ''the company may take that person to a civil court to enforce the debt''
    Any company or person can take anyone to court, but PP usually don't!

An MP writing to a scumbag parking firm is a good idea, so say yes.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

634Posts Today

7,278Users online

Martin's Twitter