Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • appledave
    • By appledave 30th Jun 18, 1:56 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 2Thanks
    appledave
    Premier Park - Ringo
    • 30th Jun 18, 1:56 PM
    Premier Park - Ringo 30th Jun 18 at 1:56 PM
    I!!!8217;ve got a parking ticket stating I haven!!!8217;t paid for the whole period of parking which is not true. We parked for 5 hours though only paid for 4. The reason why was because we used and app (Ringo) to pay for 3 hours initially then lost mobile reception and when realised we!!!8217;d gone over an hour (therefore unpaid) so paid another 1 hour to cover our stay until we left.

I appreciate we!!!8217;re in the wrong though it!!!8217;s a large fine for an unintentional parking session.

The fine is £100 reduces to £60 if paid soon.

Do I engage with this company to appeal or is there a reccomended route to take?

Any help much appreciated David
    Last edited by appledave; 04-07-2018 at 8:50 PM. Reason: Grammer
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 30th Jun 18, 10:48 PM
    • 59,463 Posts
    • 72,628 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 30th Jun 18, 10:48 PM
    • 30th Jun 18, 10:48 PM
    Welcome! Read the NEWBIES thread and appeal. Don't ask where it is!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 1st Jul 18, 8:53 AM
    • 3,113 Posts
    • 4,756 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 1st Jul 18, 8:53 AM
    • 1st Jul 18, 8:53 AM
    It's not a fine, as you will realise now after reading the newbies thread.
    • appledave
    • By appledave 1st Jul 18, 8:33 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    appledave
    • 1st Jul 18, 8:33 PM
    Thanks
    • 1st Jul 18, 8:33 PM
    Thankyou will read to newbie thing and see if it helps me understand what to do. I spoke to them they said I can appeal though havenít yet....until I read the newbie thread. Thanks D
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 1st Jul 18, 8:42 PM
    • 36,295 Posts
    • 20,546 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 1st Jul 18, 8:42 PM
    • 1st Jul 18, 8:42 PM
    Don't speak to ppcs ever!

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal whowas driving - which they can weedle out of you when speaking to them!

For this reason edit your OP to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor here and can use posts in your thread against you
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 1st Jul 18, 8:57 PM
    • 59,463 Posts
    • 72,628 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 1st Jul 18, 8:57 PM
    • 1st Jul 18, 8:57 PM
    Thankyou will read to newbie thing and see if it helps me understand what to do. I spoke to them they said I can appeal though havenít yet....until I read the newbie thread. Thanks D
    Originally posted by appledave
    YOU RANG THEM?! Do you not yet realise this is a scam?
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• appledave
    • By appledave 4th Jul 18, 7:35 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    appledave
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:35 PM
    Appeal rejected
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:35 PM
    Hi yes i rang them.
    yes i appealed as it says in your newbie thread you can appeal!
    and theyíve comeback and said itís been rejected.

I must be honest the amount of reading through endless threads probably costs me more money than actually being at work.

If itís a scam surely I should just be able to ignore all the correspondence but again the threads say not too..

Surely it canít be this fiddly.....

Ps yes Iíve got a POPLA code
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jul 18, 7:44 PM
    • 59,463 Posts
    • 72,628 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:44 PM
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:44 PM
    It's not fiddly, the first stage I wrote your appeal and you copied & pasted it. Can't get much easier!

Second stage (POPLA) is in the third post of the NEWBIES thread, or simply search the forum for Premier POPLA and find one someone wrote earlier!

Simple. And if you lose (as PP sometimes win at POPLA) ignore them after that but this is worth trying, to kill it off now.

OMG no-one phones a PPC, you rang ex-clampers after your money, what did you think they'd say?

• appledave
    • By appledave 4th Jul 18, 7:57 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    appledave
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:57 PM
    Response
    • 4th Jul 18, 7:57 PM
    I didnít want them to say anything wanted to find out who and where they were.

So if itís a scam Iíd usually just ignore everything...

So why is there this POPLA system that you can lose and end up paying the full £100....

If Iíve shoot myself in the foot and itís to late todo anything now I hold my hands up....
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Jul 18, 8:01 PM
    • 8,042 Posts
    • 7,908 Thanks
    KeithP
    So why is there this POPLA system that you can lose and end up paying the full £100....
    Losing at PoPLA does not mean you pay £100.

You haven't read enough yet.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jul 18, 8:02 PM
    • 59,463 Posts
    • 72,628 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You don't pay if you lose. The charge is ALWAYS £100, it doesn't 'go up' - it's £100 anyway.

The so called discount is part of the 'outrageous scam' (Hansard). A bribe not to appeal.

POPLA gives you a chance to get it cancelled, and if not, you are no worse off.

• appledave
    • By appledave 4th Jul 18, 8:07 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    appledave
    but surely as I!!!8217;ve not used your reply in my appeal now (my fault) I!!!8217;ve admitted to being in the wrong and I!!!8217;ll never hear the end of it..
    Last edited by appledave; 04-07-2018 at 8:13 PM. Reason: Incorrect
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 4th Jul 18, 8:33 PM
    • 36,295 Posts
    • 20,546 Thanks
    Quentin
    No.

Read up on Popla to understand it better

You have nothing to lose by making a Popla appeal

See all the successful appeals reported in the dedicated Popla success thread
    • appledave
    • By appledave 4th Jul 18, 8:40 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    appledave
    My appeal to PP shows I was 1 hour 10 mins (with the parking app) over so surely I!!!8217;ve got no case through POPLA and better paying the £60 now than £100 later...

Thankyou for your replies but I!!!8217;m struggling to see the logic..
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jul 18, 8:46 PM
    • 59,463 Posts
    • 72,628 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Your appeal shows no such thing, and doesn't even talk about that. There are no admissions in the NEWBIES thread template appeal.

Just to check, this is Premier Park, not Premier Parking Solutions? Please edit your title of this thread (go 'advanced' edit) as it is confusing when there are at least 3 firms with a similar name, and no such firm as Premier Parking. One is BPA and two are not, so it's not helpful for everyone who sees your thread to arrive not knowing which PPC you mean.

If you would rather ignore them and not try POPLA, I won't say it's not an option, because it is. However, we know from other litigious PPCs that they have always in recent years, preferred to pick on and single out 'ignorers' because they hope people have moved house or are stupid and will either not reply to, or will ignore, court papers too.

So ignoring actually makes you more likely to be sued in the end, in our experience.

Appealing robustly is a way to show PP you are not a pushover. And plenty of people win at POPLA.

• appledave
    • By appledave 4th Jul 18, 8:46 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    appledave
    Will read up on POPLA thankyou
    • appledave
    • By appledave 4th Jul 18, 8:49 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    appledave
    Yes Premier Park, Exeter , EX1 9JG.

I also live in Exeter small world eh..
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 4th Jul 18, 8:55 PM
    • 36,295 Posts
    • 20,546 Thanks
    Quentin
    My appeal to PP shows I was 1 hour 10 mins (with the parking app) over so surely I!!!8217;ve got no case through POPLA and better paying the £60 now than £100 later...

Thankyou for your replies but I!!!8217;m struggling to see the logic..

So did you compose your own appeal and not use the one in the FAQ.

Tell us what you wrote.
    • appledave
    • By appledave 4th Jul 18, 8:55 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    appledave
    Confused that you!!!8217;ve seen my appeal?? this was my appeal I sent to PPark:
    our Appeal - Please include any supporting information:*: Hello we used the mobile app Ringo to pay for parking which I will attach. However we overran by 1 hour in the middle as my mobile lost reception whilst in the Maramtime museum.

As you!!!8217;ll see we paid when we arrived and when realised we added payment to the car to cover us until we left.

Your notice says: Whole Period of Parking not paid for, this is not true.

We!!!8217;re happy to pay the shortfall we owe though £60-100 fine for 1 hour seems disproportionate to an unintentional mistake that we rectified ASAP.

I live locally in Exeter so happy to pop into your office if it helps.

Many thanks David
    • appledave
    • By appledave 4th Jul 18, 9:02 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    appledave
    Sorry for any naivety but I!!!8217;m always honest
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

158Posts Today

1,482Users online

Martin's Twitter