Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • greent
    • By greent 30th Jun 18, 10:17 AM
    • 7,507Posts
    • 76,185Thanks
    greent
    NST 07/2018 - Survive July!
    • 30th Jun 18, 10:17 AM
    NST 07/2018 - Survive July! 30th Jun 18 at 10:17 AM
    • The challenge runs from 1st - 31st July 2018
    • NSDs - if you like to monitor NSDs, choose either the gentler target of 13 or the stretching target of 20 - or set your own somewhere in between! Usual exceptions (fuel, YS items, medical (inc for animals!) etc) apply
    • Remember others - donate money/ items/ time to a charity of your choice. Helping at PTA events comes under this! As do Random Acts of Kindness (RAOKs)
      Pay to your debts or savings FIRST and live off the rest

• Set your budgets
    • Use things up - not just food in cupboards & freezer, but toiletries and excess cleaning products etc - share your wins! Using something up instead of buying something else is
    • Revisit those targets you set back in January. We are halfway through the year !!!8211; how are you doing? - do you need to tweak things to stay/ get back on track or set some new targets/ aims?
    • Vacation time !!!8211; school hols have started for those in Scotland, I believe. For England & Wales the school hols will start this month. Budget accordingly - what free or low cost things can you find to do? - especially for any rainy times. Maybe check local faceb00k pages for details of what!!!8217;s on and any offers. And for those with no bother for school holiday periods, they may be planning their Summer getaways or days out. Make the most of any memberships you have (you've already paid for them, after all! ) and any vouchers you can find. Gr0up0n sometimes has good deals for different things to do - check the local page for anywhere you plan on visiting to see if there are deals on local attractions/ restaurants.
    • Inspire others - share your ideas on here of things to do with kids/ how to keep holiday costs down/ what things you!!!8217;ve used up (especially if you!!!8217;ve used them as a substitute for something)
    • Value for money -research for any planned (or unexpected ) spends. Don't forget cashback sites for purchases. Often banks seem to have offers you can activate for cashback on debit card purchases - if you're going to spend then getting some money back is a bonus!
    • Every day - check in and also remember your daily gratitudes.

• Jump - or run, garden, swim, walk !!!8211; we all know that being active is good for us - ideally 3 or more sessions a week. Take care in warm weather and stay hydrated.
    • Unless budgeted, no takeaways, coffee shops, lunches out etc. Picnics for days out are great - maybe have a budget for ice creams and extra drinks for the way home. Social plans are hopefully already thought of (birthday meals/ takeaways/ night in pub for football etc) and can be budgeted accordingly
    • Lose the excess. Most of us have too much stuff. Declutter. Use things up. Donate to a worthwhile cause. Sell books/ CDs/ old games on Z1ff1t/ Mus1c Magp1e (not forgetting to go through a cashback site first) Sell on flebay/ gumtree/ faceb00k/ car boot sale - any money made can either be put towards debt/ savings or maybe summer treats (you all know your own situations and what would work for you) If there's excess weight, maybe jump/ run/ walk a little more and be mindful of what you are eating. Perhaps keep track on here of items/ lbs lost and £s made
    • Yearly plans -we are halfway through 2018. If you haven't planned on how to finance Christmas/ birthdays in the second half of the year/ DIY things which need doing (we keep an ongoing list of large and small jobs and try to knock something off it each month)/ any holiday plans you may have - NOW is the time to think about this. Perhaps draw up a list of birthdays between now and January and also a Xmas list and keep an eye out for items/ put money aside monthly. Don't forget yourself -make a list of what you!!!8217;d like for Xmas and then you'll be prepared when asked!

So come along for the journey, Turtles - let's encourage one another to not just survive July, but to enjoy it as well! xx
    Last edited by greent; 02-07-2018 at 3:58 PM.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2018 OPs (#18) £7127.06/£7500
    Net sales 2018 £718.06/£1000 PAYDOX18 (#15) Done £18918.90
Page 9
    • Omg7kdebt
    • By Omg7kdebt 7th Jul 18, 12:11 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    Omg7kdebt
    OMG7debt

How nice of your drawers to reward you for coming home!
    Even the furniture is cheering you on.
    Originally posted by f0xh0les
    Hah, more like pathetically grateful Im sorting them out
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 7th Jul 18, 4:42 PM
    • 1,676 Posts
    • 16,082 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Got up early this morning and walked to Lidl and back (about four miles in all). Bought olive oil. coffee and antipasti which are all on the super weekend offer. Going back tomorrow to get more to stock up with. Will last for ages.
    Himself's birthday today - officially now a pensioner!!. Loved all his little presents. Mostly books and some vouchers for meals out (plus the jaffa cakes). Vouchers are a bit of a cheat given that the meals are for two but if we'd gone out without them he'd have paid. His friend dropped in with a couple of bottles of very nice wine. A rare occurrence for us to have visitors and it brought home to me just how much I have to get into this housekeeping mallarky. Not that his friend would notice but I do.
    Have had a bit of a clean but the more you do the more you notice what needs done.
    So we're having a nice little cold buffet tonight (Himself, me and the Boy). I really hope the Boy has not bought him him something technical for his birthday but I fear the worst.
    So it's been a really nice day. Hope everyone's has been as nice.
    • EarlyRetirement
    • By EarlyRetirement 7th Jul 18, 5:04 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 264 Thanks
    EarlyRetirement
    Day 6 & 7 update

Day 6
    NSD 4/15
    Didnt walk to work as planned,text Friday morning to say I would have to be away from the office, long day, late finish.

Day 7
    Spent £60.00 on groceries and £20.00 on stock for my eBay shop. Had a lovely walk around the charity shops in town this morning and picked up some lovely bits and pieces.

Car is loaded up for the car boot in the morning. Parcels wrapped ready to take along to the parcel shop tomorrow afternoon.
    I have even started to paint the skirting boards in my hall and I have weeded the front garden.

Grateful for: the sun, a catch on the phone with a friend and a day to myself.

Have a good evening all,
    Last edited by EarlyRetirement; 07-07-2018 at 5:14 PM.
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 7th Jul 18, 6:44 PM
    • 2,527 Posts
    • 24,764 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    mothernerd - Hope you get well soon.
    Toni'sfriend - Wishing Himself a Happy Birthday.
    NSD 5/20 Was a spend day. Went to an event in Olympia, London - joined society for vegetarians and 4 bamboo toothbrushes(which were in one box). Paid for a vegan festival for later on in the month. Council tax paid and the DBS update service yearly subscription.
    Set - Done the budget for the month.
    Use - Will definitely be doing this. Still using up things already in.
    Revisit - Am going to set new goals. Made a list of goals and bucket list.
    Vacation - Not going on holiday. Planning to have some days out/experiences.
    Inspire - Will try.
    Value - Got a free ticket for entry for the event which I attended today.
    Every - Have done. Grateful for:
    Having a nice time out at the event.
    Got a few nice treats at the event which were free.
    Doing self-care today.
    Jump - Will definitely do walking as it will help my mental health also. Walked around the different stalls at the event.
    Unless - Brought my own lunch to the event.
    Lose - Done decluttering for now. Still need to take items to cs.
    Yearly - Have made a list as to what needs to done or going out trips/experiences/voluntary work for rest of the year.
    Last edited by Kerry Woman; 07-07-2018 at 6:47 PM.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2018
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    Nst november in new york NSD 7/20
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 7th Jul 18, 7:22 PM
    • 5,298 Posts
    • 41,943 Thanks
    DawnW
    Mothernerd, hope you feel better soon

Dolly84, hope your OH is ok, what a worry

NSD today, spend day yesterday, bought far too much stuff for what turned out to be 1 night away camping Still, it will all get used eventually - meat items in freezer. Must update spreadsheet / signature.

• apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 7th Jul 18, 7:26 PM
    • 7,911 Posts
    • 59,913 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Toni'sfriend - that is some walk! And Happy Birthday to Himself.

Today I am grateful for a lazy start to the day after such a hot night, for dh taking dd to dance for me so I could work, for getting my kettlebell workout done, for going to dd's sch fair, for seeing some of the Tour, for knitting some flowers for a posy for dd's teachers, for the washing drying so quickly, for a chat with a neighbour that I hardly ever see to talk to, for the lavender plants in full bloom.
    NST November New Yorker #8; NSD 8/15; Ex 6/21 ; craft 42 (196); remove 16 (653)
    2018 Pay off: £4509; 2
    018 sell £55.10; WLOSW 3/10

Mortgage £18,634 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 7th Jul 18, 9:17 PM
    • 2,578 Posts
    • 27,158 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Toni's friend happy Birthday to himself and big congratulations on getting to be a pensioner - we need to celebrate those who survive that far in increasingly challenging times.

Kerry Woman sounds like an interesting day.

Thank you once more for all your kind thoughts. I did do another 'hour' of work - walked slowly to a post box (not my usual one) and took a bag for the charity bin near to it. It seems fairly empty so will take more if/ when I can move.

On the way there and on the way back I took down all the trailing remnants of washing line in the yard and sat on a chair to spray the path weeds as far as I could reach. Gave up when I moved to a new location (luckily next to the back door) and went through the seat (fabric strip type) and got wedged in the frame. DS3 was awake and arrived as I called the second time. Once I had told him what was wrong he decided how to get me out (next door neighbours were out in their yard but did not want them coming round to rescue me).

Retired to bed with ham, spread cheese, wholemeal rolls, satsumas and more tap water (plus the pegs and line tangle which I have since sorted). Not unexpected for the chair bottom to go (4/6 already have) but the first time I have been in situ. Planning to use the frames as stands for some large deep 'grow bags' I have as part of my 'future proof garden.

I have played a couple of games but mostly slept this afternoon. With my positive head on, I have decided that this is a good week to work out exactly what I can do if this is the new norm - feeling mentally strong but physically lacking in resources (had planned to start a modified 'boot camp' regime this week- will have to modify furthergo me.

I have some paperwork to complete (bit worrying but will rant later). I can make a start on all my lists and I have two large projects to make a start on, so I won't be idle. Then start working out how i can manage various household tasks.

I am out for the day with mum tomorrow - maybe I will sit on the bench and let her run round. Hoping I can conjure a picnic from the contents of the fridge. I have found a 2l bottle of fizzy water and a can of diet coke. Hoping (pretty sure) I get Monday off (won't be much use to her anyway and she may want extra sleep after tomorrow).

Sounds weird for a day out but am actually hoping for a convenient SM or shop tomorrow - it would be useful to do a small stock up just before we get back on the coach and the couch drop off is very near to home.

Today I am grateful for all the things I have managed to do, for ibruprofen, for modified shower bath, for a nearly empty charity bin (definite target for next week), for realising I need to make my garden (and the house) less hazardous and making a start., for the pain - reminding me how much my body does and how much I take it for granted.
    This year I will be fierce
    NST Nov #1 SFD 5/20 Food£59.03/£180 Travel £3.20/£12 Ent/diy £14/£12 Ext DS3 bed and mattress
    No Debt No mortgage
    • sashanut
    • By sashanut 7th Jul 18, 11:02 PM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 27,703 Thanks
    sashanut
    No 12 checking in
    Hi all

Will try for 13 NSDs & hope to get nearer to 20....now 4/13

Set your budgets not yet done
    Use Most definitely want to do this; have a mountain of food & stuff to clear. Have been sorting but it is a big task, not made easier by being unwell for the past few days & find the hot weather difficult especially when unwell. Will record progress on here to call me to account. Must view house as massive shop full of items which can be (mostly) sold. Have already discovered loads of clothes etc than I can either wear or sell. Also have makeup & toiletries, need not buy any of those either..still a bit poorly but managed to wash & iron some clothes & list a few on FB selling sites. One sold straight away but they've not paid yet, if the others don't go I will list on ebay..looks like all 3 people who expressed interest paid up, so 3 items sold..will post them out tomorrow & list more. Posted out 3 items today, plus one for DD. Didn't list any more today, but DH liberated some more boxes from large shed, so have more to trawl through tomorrow. Not actually listed any more but spent a very hot hour this morning in the 'big shed' so called because it's like 2 sheds stuck together. Trawled through quite a few boxes & found more carp to sell, but first it has to be washed. Did 2 wash loads & will start listing tomorrow, as I caught sight of the boxes in the double garage...lots and lots.. Did iron a lot of the clothes; not such a good idea in this heat, was absolutely not the day to do this. no listing either as DD then got up from night shift & wanted to go - you guessed it - shopping...Ironed more stuff today & took photos so can list asap. Just need to pitch the price right so they sell right away on FB selling pages, as otherwise they slip down the listings so fast; now you can't refresh the listing but have to re-post...gah!

Revisit Targets were like other peoples I think, to lose weigh (not really); to declutter - some progress; to stop wasting money - also some progress there..will list any weight losses/stuff leaving the house/money gained by selling...when it happens.. Still £44.26 so far..plus £5 voucher for doing a survey; £49.26 Another £3 voucher today: still £52.26

Vacation Have already booked to go to Ireland for 3 weeks from July; aim to sell some stuff to pay for spends over there. Will also be planning some days out & at least another visit to the Old Country later in the year, probably 2. Have found more stuff especially shoes to go. Must ramp this up as go away 3 weeks today...clock is ticking..have found many items to take with us and many to sell..

Value Always do try to use cashback sites where possible, and find value for money in shopping. Also have a card which gives me vouchers; and do some work which pays in vouchers too. Use cheaper supermarkets & have HB & Fultons here as well, which are both good for some stuff. DH & DD went shopping & PO, big mistake as DD brought back 2 extra large chickens she got for only £2.50 each, very pleased with her bargains bless her.....Just what I needed more food to be used right away... Cooked one, need to think of what to do with the other ( no room in freezers) PDQ! DH renegotiated BB deal with Virgin yesterday, they assured him deal would still be available today. Took 45 mins of argument, ask to speak to a manager, etc etc before they agreed to honour it...no wonder folk give up in disgust. Should save us £300 per year..no shopping today of any kind thankfully, value or otherwise..shopping today & stocked up with some things that were on offer..that's my excuse. No shopping today & ate what we have in, much easier when just the 2 of us involved..

Every Checking in 7/31

Gratitudes: Plant flowering in enclosed garden that never flowered before, think it is a native of Australia; DH getting stuck in with sorting out the old car; DD finally going to her own home; many and varied useful finds; cleared a space in spare room...waiting for the whoosh effect when everything comes together & we see a big difference!

Jump No jumping here either but in the garden every day when possible. Do try to drink water but struggle with this. Been in the garden early & tonight, done watering..and a little tidying up.

Unless budgeted, no takeaways, coffee shops, lunches out etc. Nope.

Perhaps keep track on here of items/ lbs lost and £s made:
    So far have put on a pound in weight & made £52.26

Yearly we are halfway through 2018. Good idea, will have a big list of outside jobs that need doing/big/small & in between. Making big list this weekend; also one of items to take to Ireland with us; menu planning; will be a very listy weekend. Did a bit of the Irish list.

Go turtles!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 . Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE
    • GlendaSugarbean
    • By GlendaSugarbean 8th Jul 18, 8:10 AM
    • 258 Posts
    • 1,830 Thanks
    GlendaSugarbean
    Yesterday was a spendy day as expected but a good one - took the boys swimming and to the park and we had a great time. Due to some ball-related events it was nice and quiet and we ended up spending a couple of hours in the pool. Packed lunch plus ice creams from the supermarket so not as spendy as it could have been.

Top up shop for weekend stuff, including imitation Pimms from Aldi which is very palatable and only £6 for a litre!

Didn't see any of the Tour yesterday but hoping to catch the highlights today. I'm doing the Tour de Fleece (spinning challenge) but haven't got my wheel out yet! Bad Glenda. So I'll crack on with the housework this morning (yawn), and then clean up the wheel for a start this evening accompanied by the highlights (vroom vroom).
    • dolly84
    • By dolly84 8th Jul 18, 9:08 AM
    • 4,068 Posts
    • 37,587 Thanks
    dolly84
    KerryWoman - the is so much more choice in London for vegetarian/vegan/zero waste. Up north it would appear we all want to eat McDonalds, drink red bull then throw all our rubbish in the street.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler.
    • greent
    • By greent 8th Jul 18, 9:10 AM
    • 7,507 Posts
    • 76,185 Thanks
    greent
    Day 7
    • NSDs - 2 (I had one yesterday but OH and DS1 had stayed away overnight over t'other side of the country for a Uni Open Day visit and so needed to buy lunch)
    • Remember others - DD to charity gone out.
    • Pay to your debts or savings FIRST - DONE - + £65 OP to BTL
    • Set budgets. Food 61.24/475. Fuel 0/65 Gifts 15/30 Toiletries 0/10 Cleaning 1.75/10 DD uni stuff 10/50 Clothes 0/100 Social 16.50/75
    • Use things up Still ongoing. Have given DS1 a small collection of hotel shampoos to use first, rather than buy him some shampoo
      )
    • Revisit targets you set back in January. - Done. [/COLOR]
    • Vacation time No idea whether we're going on hol in Oct (not booking until after A level results) and no real plans made for summer hols with the kids - must get thinking cap on!
    • Inspire others -
    • Value for money -no spends for me yesterday. Did gain a pile of tea bags and coffee etc from OH's hotel room - already started using them
    • Every day - here Am thankful for the weather (again), DD being a star helping me look after my nephew yesterday, freebies from shopping apps on Friday,

• Jump - Took nephew for walk in his pushchair
    • Unless budgeted, no takeaways, coffee shops, lunches out etc. -yep.
    • Lose the excess. Pair of OH's trainers literally fell apart (he has about another 5-6 pairs) and a bra of mine lost both of its wires yesterday - both items gone! 2 pairs of slippers of DS3's identified as too small.
    • Yearly plans -we are halfway through 2018. If you haven't planned on how to finance Christmas/ birthdays in the second half of the year/ DIY things which need doing / any holiday plans you may have - NOW is the time - will make a list of people with bdays and those I need to get Xmas presents for and make a start, even if it is putting money aside.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2018 OPs (#18) £7127.06/£7500
    Net sales 2018 £718.06/£1000 PAYDOX18 (#15) Done £18918.90
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 8th Jul 18, 9:31 AM
    • 616 Posts
    • 6,711 Thanks
    laurenh1
    Good morning all

Yesterday was a spend day - took the kids strawberry picking. I love this activity as the kids love it, it's cheap & we come home with fruit

I still have £106 in the budget. I'm hoping to still have £100 by Friday.

Today we are swimming & not much else, I'll run later too. Tomorrow is baby group & then I'm going to take my kids for a walk. I have my friends back pack I can strap the baby in to & it makes it more of a work out.

I have been teaching myself to knit & I've decided I'm going to knit the kids a snow man each for their Xmas eve hampers. I am making a real effort to have more "down time" I don't find it easy to leave the house work & I spend a lot of my day armed with a Hoover. I'm finding that it's easier to just do it once the kids are done at the end of the day & I'm a lot more relaxed as a result.

I hope everyone has a fab Sunday
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 8th Jul 18, 10:19 AM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 16,077 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    NSDs - 4

Set budgets. Doing well. Will sweep at end of month rather than start of month.
    Use things up - 2 half tins of paint used up. Discovered unused paintbrushes!! I have designs on a large bag of porridge oats (flapjacks anyone?) for use in lunchboxes next week. Turned some squishy tomatoes into soup and froze for another day.
    Revisit targets - 2 x Ireland trips, no weight loss, house improving wildly, kids doing well at school.
    Vacation time - 1 night YHA locally, visiting Irish in laws, 2 weeks football training club, might try and squeeze in a YHA seaside trip
    Inspire others - I try but others seem to be on a different page.....
    Value for money - second hand tv, own labour, line drying everything, found a £5 double matttress (blow up) to take with us - reduced. Making crazy salads with what is in the fridge/pantry (broccoli and tinned broad bean, white cabbage and courgette in ys mango chilli dressing was lush)
    Every day report in - Here miss!
    Jump - erm, does shopping really quickly count?
    Unless - none of these thingse
    Lose excess. I dont get rid of my clothes as they are recycled into painting clothes when they are unfit for public consumption. Took old not working electrical items to recycling, Going to reevaluate furniture in back room dumping ground and rejig some shelves, so may be able to lose some stuff......
    Yearly plans - I am throwing every penny I save at the mortgage at the moment, but realise this is going to leave me short for birthdays and Xmas and car tax. Will have to reign it in a bit for after August - Dec.
    MFW START DATE May 16 £118,340 : Oct17 - £109,495.00Dec17 £108,800Jan 18 £108,392.98 Mar 18 £108,504.72Apr £108,099May £106,999Jun 105,999.Jul 105,300Aug £103,999 Sept £102,999 Oct 101,999November £101,300.00
    NEXT GOAL is sub £100k before 2019Mortgage-free wannabe 2018 #65
    • plumduff55
    • By plumduff55 8th Jul 18, 10:29 AM
    • 483 Posts
    • 4,349 Thanks
    plumduff55
    Hi everyone, I'm so excited to have found this thread and hope it's ok for me to join even if I am 8 days late. I started a NO SPEND month myself and so far have achieved 5 days so I'll make my target 20 NSDs.

SET BUDGET I have allowed myself £50 spending for everything over the month. I know this is tight but I'm always better when I'm under pressure and theres only me!

USE THINGS UP my cupboards are always chock a block and my freezer is like the Tardis !!! The £50 above includes all food spending so this will make me use everything from my boards of food.

REVIST JANUARY TARGETS I've done this and all on target except weight loss!

VACATION TIME I'm visiting my son near London next month so all money saved this month will be spending money for my holiday and I won't need to touch my bank account.

INSPIRE OTHERS I have talked my friend into doing the NO SPEND month as well and we're texting each other daily.

VALUE FOR MONEY I usually do a once monthly mega shop - first stop Lidl, then Tesco for the things I can't get in Lidl. If I have any budget left I stop in at Home Bargains on the way back. No big food shop this month so just bits like milk and bread. I might even resurrect the bread maker - I'm sure I've got bread flour somewhere

EVERY DAY I will definitely check in every day!

JUMP well, that's a sore point - after 62 years of walking everywhere I forgot my age and started jogging and even did a couple of 5k. I've now knackered my knee - 8 weeks on and its still sore but I have started going for walks again and just have to take it slowly. I'm unable to do my "Rosemary Conley Fitness Programme" which I have done 4-5 times weekly for over 20 years and have put weight on. I'm so so mad at myself !!!

LOSE THE EXCESS I have listed some stuff on eBay so am waiting in anticipation. Will definitely lose excess from my kitchen cupboards with no food spends and once I'm more mobile I'll lose the excess weight.

YEARLY PLANS Forthcoming birthdays all sorted. I did plan to make most of my Christmas presents this year. My goal was one each month and I have made 4 so far so must get back on track with that.

So glad to have found you all xx
    Last edited by plumduff55; 08-07-2018 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Taking all those silly numbers off
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order )

NST November in New York 9/20
    • cuddlymarm
    • By cuddlymarm 8th Jul 18, 12:09 PM
    • 1,188 Posts
    • 6,124 Thanks
    cuddlymarm
    Hi guys
    Unfortunately both yesterday and today are speedy days. Yesterday we went to friends so I took a bottle of wine which I picked up on the way £5.99 ( Iím calling that a treat though )
    Then today I needed salad stuff and some other bits while I was there. (£15.72)I will still need more milk and fresh stuff but apart from that Iím not planning on doing an online shop this week. The money saved will chip at my credit card this month. Once my credit card is clear I will start putting a bit away towards the holiday in November.
    No excercise but I have lost 1/2 lb this week. Not a lot but on the way down is good.
    Today Iím grateful for OH running me to the SM
    For a good nights sleep and for the sunshine ( it always makes me feel better)

Anyway bye for now
    Hope everyone is having a good day
    Cuddles
    • EarlyRetirement
    • By EarlyRetirement 8th Jul 18, 3:23 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 264 Thanks
    EarlyRetirement
    Good afternoon,

NSD 5/15

Made £60 at the carboot, £7.00 went towards paying for the pitch. £53.00 to the holiday savings. Car boot was quite not may seller due to it being held undercover, I prefer to go here I can could not stand in a field for a few hours in this heat. Happy with what I have made. Been into the loaf to find a suitcase as my son is for on holidays in a fortnight, found some more bits for next weeks car boot.

My exercise today has been unloading the car, setting up, packing up and unloading again.
    Parcels have been dropped off to the parcel shop. I have photographed the clothes I bought yesterday so the rest of the afternoon I will be listing these.

I have beef in red wine cooking in the slow cooker for dinner this evening, beef was in the freezer and there we mushroom to use up, along with some potatoes that will be turned into mash. also carrots and broccoli that I know are in the bottom of the fridge.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 8th Jul 18, 5:11 PM
    • 2,527 Posts
    • 24,764 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    dolly84 - Hope the antibiotics help your OH.
    NSD 6/20 NSD achieved today.
    Set - Done the budget for the month.
    Use - Will definitely be doing this. Still using up things already in.
    Revisit - Am going to set new goals. Made a list of goals and bucket list.
    Vacation - Not going on holiday. Planning to have some days out/experiences.
    Inspire - Will try.
    Value - Used 2 time credits(which I was given for voluntary work) to enter Tower of London. So was a free entry.
    Every - Have done. Grateful for:
    Enjoying the little play at the Tower about Anne Boleyn.
    Nice day out.
    Chilled out afternoon/evening.
    Doing self-care today.
    Jump - Will definitely do walking as it will help my mental health also. Did plenty of walking around the grounds of the Tower also going up and down the stairs at a few of the buildings.
    Unless - Brought my own lunch up to London.
    Lose - Done decluttering for now. Still need to take items to cs.
    Yearly - Have made a list as to what needs to done or going out trips/experiences/voluntary work for rest of the year.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2018
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    Nst november in new york NSD 7/20
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 8th Jul 18, 5:36 PM
    • 1,676 Posts
    • 16,082 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Evening Turtles
    Thank you so much for Himself's birthday wishes. He had a lovely day. A few very old friends phoned/texted which was really nice.
    We got up early again this morning. I did the Boy's washing and hung it on the line to dry. Walked to Lidl and stocked up on olive oil and coffee. Got enough to last for five or six months now. ((Apple - Walks that length were something we used to do every day but age and laziness have prevented them recently. Really want to get back in to doing it).
    Did some batch cooking and was half way through the ironing when my neighbour appeared at the door. His mother in law had been taken seriously ill and they didn't have anyone to look after the two wee ones whilst they rushed to the hospital. Ironing abandoned and an afternoon with Peppa Pig, colouring and drawing. Long time since I looked after two little ones that size and for that length of time but you never forget how to do it, do you? The lady is still very poorly but we hope for the best.
    Things don't come by halves though, do they? Whilst I was looking after the smalls I got a phone call to say my cousin's son had had a stroke and they had found tumours in his brain and liver. What do you say. I just don't know. My heart is breaking for his mother. He's only 42.
    So, you just have to get on with it , don't you?
    Today I am truly grateful for relatively good health for my son, Himself and me.
    Hugs, everyone.
    Last edited by Toni'sfriend; 08-07-2018 at 6:44 PM. Reason: mistake
    • indigowarrior
    • By indigowarrior 8th Jul 18, 6:19 PM
    • 671 Posts
    • 5,047 Thanks
    indigowarrior
    Sorry I havent caught up. Been pretty unwell. Still on 3 nsds.
    #545- SPC September No Spend 4/15
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 8th Jul 18, 6:38 PM
    • 1,676 Posts
    • 16,082 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Sorry I haven' caught up. Been pretty unwell. Still on 3 nsds.
    Hope you are a bit better. xxx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

12Posts Today

3,473Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin