Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ChantillyLace86
    • By ChantillyLace86 30th Jun 18, 9:40 AM
    • 29Posts
    • 9Thanks
    ChantillyLace86
    SIP Parking
    • 30th Jun 18, 9:40 AM
    SIP Parking 30th Jun 18 at 9:40 AM
    Hi, I'm hoping i can get some help!! I went to a gig ladt night in Manchester. I parked in a SIP car carpark, paid by phone for my 'ticket', i paid for 4 hours thing it would be well enough time!
    I came out the gig approx 10 mins after my ticket had ran out (10:30pm), i had a PCN on my car! So i don't know if it was issued because i paid online and had no physical ticket on my car or because it just ran out?
    The parking attendant was there, in pure anger i threw it at him and drove off. I saw him taking a picture of it on the floor, but now i don't have the PCN number to appeal!
    What do i do????
    I'm paniking as I've read on these forums they actually take people to court??!!!!
    Thank you
Page 2
    • ChantillyLace86
    • By ChantillyLace86 2nd Jul 18, 11:15 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ChantillyLace86
    Ok, thank you. I feel abit more at ease. Ill wait for the ntk to come through and update you
    • ChantillyLace86
    • By ChantillyLace86 3rd Aug 18, 10:43 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ChantillyLace86
    Hi, i have recieved my NTK letter. Do i just send the template in the noob thread now?
    Thank you
    • ChantillyLace86
    • By ChantillyLace86 3rd Aug 18, 10:48 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ChantillyLace86
    Hi, i recieved the NTK from SIP parking. Do i just send off the template in the noob thread? Thank you
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 3rd Aug 18, 11:06 AM
    • 38,013 Posts
    • 85,356 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Short answer, yes.

Do tell us what it says though, or upload a redacted copy to a web hosting site such as postimg or tinypic or similar, post the URL here, but change http to hxxp. Someone here will change it back to a live link.

Things to look for are date of alleged event, date of receipt of NTK, and whether it has the POFA wording on it.

Also, the reason for issuing the NTK. If it was for a short overstay then was this within the IPC CoP?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • ChantillyLace86
    • By ChantillyLace86 3rd Aug 18, 11:26 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ChantillyLace86
    Thank you for your reply.I just went to the appeals page on SIP website and it says i can't appeal??? It says it has been more than 29 days...how am i supposed to appeal then?
    thank you
    • ChantillyLace86
    • By ChantillyLace86 3rd Aug 18, 11:27 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ChantillyLace86
    [/IMG]sorry i am trying to upload a picture but it doesnt seem to be working!
    • ChantillyLace86
    • By ChantillyLace86 3rd Aug 18, 11:28 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ChantillyLace86
    [/IMG]http://
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 3rd Aug 18, 1:17 PM
    • 4,126 Posts
    • 4,994 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Youve been told not to reveal the drivers identity
    Edit your post. Now.

WHen was the NtK issued? Youve cut that off.
    • ChantillyLace86
    • By ChantillyLace86 3rd Aug 18, 1:47 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ChantillyLace86
    This letter (NTK) sent by them 01/08/2018, i recieved it yesterday (02/08/2018).
    The letter states i recieved the original ticket 29/06/2018
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 3rd Aug 18, 2:01 PM
    • 4,126 Posts
    • 4,994 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    OK, so well in time.
    Screenshot the refusal to allow an appeal
    I presume SIP are IPC (cant check rn) and as such they do NOT have to allow Keepers an appeal if a NtD is issued.
    You just send a letter in - first class, free proof of posting - with the appeal, and state you note their unreaosnable refusaal to allow a keeper an appeal on their website.
    • ChantillyLace86
    • By ChantillyLace86 3rd Aug 18, 2:48 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ChantillyLace86
    Ok, thank you. Ill have to post it off tomorrow as i am in work this evening
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 3rd Aug 18, 4:24 PM
    • 37,998 Posts
    • 22,101 Thanks
    Quentin
    You will have read about the futility of appeals to IPC companies in #9 above

With IPC companies you wait and see if they choose to pursue it to court

Ignore everything except a lbcca or Court correspondence. If you do get to that then come back at that time for advice on how to defend

They have 6 years to start legal proceedings against you
    Last edited by Quentin; 03-08-2018 at 5:04 PM.
    • ChantillyLace86
    • By ChantillyLace86 10th Aug 18, 2:26 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ChantillyLace86

They rejected my appeal but I'm not sure what they are saying? What is my next step?
    • ChantillyLace86
    • By ChantillyLace86 10th Aug 18, 2:27 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    ChantillyLace86
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Aug 18, 2:29 PM
    • 20,563 Posts
    • 32,485 Thanks
    Umkomaas

They rejected my appeal but I'm not sure what they are saying? What is my next step?
    Originally posted by ChantillyLace86
    Exactly as Quentin advises in post #32 above.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,377Posts Today

7,052Users online

Martin's Twitter