Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BillyBills
    • By BillyBills 29th Jun 18, 3:41 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 30Thanks
    BillyBills
    Pay as you go car insurance
    • 29th Jun 18, 3:41 PM
    Pay as you go car insurance 29th Jun 18 at 3:41 PM
    Hi everyone.

My daughter recently passed her driving test, she's only home now and then when she comes back between terms of uni. We don't want to buy her a car but it would be nice to get her insured on ours. Does anyone know if payg insurances like veygo are any good? I saw that you can pay monthly or even daily... Or does it make more sense to get her insured on my current policy, if that works?
Page 1
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 29th Jun 18, 6:51 PM
    • 2,536 Posts
    • 2,542 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    • 29th Jun 18, 6:51 PM
    • 29th Jun 18, 6:51 PM
    Have you had a quote from your current insurer to add her as a named driver? It is almost certainly cheaper, and definitely less hassle.
    • Cat123456
    • By Cat123456 30th Jun 18, 11:40 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Cat123456
    • 30th Jun 18, 11:40 AM
    • 30th Jun 18, 11:40 AM
    I recently passed my test and have used veygo to get insured on my dad's car when needed. I find it fairly cheap and easy to use but it's all online. I payed 12 for 8 hours insurance and that included adding an extra 2 hours throughout the day. I found it easy to use. Might be worth it if she's uses your car infrequently.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,790Posts Today

8,025Users online

Martin's Twitter