Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hpifever
    • By hpifever 28th Jun 18, 2:48 PM
    • 106Posts
    • 89Thanks
    hpifever
    Which mortgage company for temporary worker?
    • 28th Jun 18, 2:48 PM
    Which mortgage company for temporary worker? 28th Jun 18 at 2:48 PM
    I have been temping for 4 months and was wondering which mortgage company I could use for my situation?
Page 2
    • minimike2
    • By minimike2 30th Jun 18, 12:25 PM
    • 2,005 Posts
    • 1,503 Thanks
    minimike2
    But you just said that L&C can't place you with a lender unless you have 12 months temp work history.

Also if the mortgage costs 50 a month more, then you haven't saved 600 have you - You will cost yourself 600, assuming 50 a month more over a 2 year period.

But I'm out, because I am getting the impression you will be impossible to reason with.
    • hpifever
    • By hpifever 30th Jun 18, 12:41 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    hpifever
    No. I persevered with L&C saying that their competition found this mortgage and why cant you. And they checked and found it. Saving 600. I am struggling to find a mortgage due to temping job and therefore Leeds is the only mortgage company so far to accept. 600 saved. And 50 cheaper mortgages I cant get due to my work history.
    Last edited by hpifever; 30-06-2018 at 12:43 PM.
    • datlex
    • By datlex 30th Jun 18, 2:15 PM
    • 1,697 Posts
    • 1,590 Thanks
    datlex
    I used Halifax as an agency worker, but my circumstances as different to you as I have been in my role several years on going.
    • hpifever
    • By hpifever 30th Jun 18, 2:59 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    hpifever
    Thanks datlex.
    • hpifever
    • By hpifever 6th Jul 18, 9:07 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    hpifever
    600 for about two hours work. Bargain.
    • minimike2
    • By minimike2 7th Jul 18, 12:32 AM
    • 2,005 Posts
    • 1,503 Thanks
    minimike2
    600 for about two hours work. Bargain.
    Originally posted by hpifever
    You have literally no idea the amount of work that goes into a mortgage case.

You don't like it, you didn't have to buy a house. Or you could have gone off and done it yourself. Oh no, wait, you couldn't could you.

• hpifever
    • By hpifever 7th Jul 18, 10:28 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    hpifever
    I did it myself. I contacted someone myself and told them to sort it. Sorted. For fee. I have a lot more idea than you think. A lot more.
    • minimike2
    • By minimike2 7th Jul 18, 11:10 AM
    • 2,005 Posts
    • 1,503 Thanks
    minimike2
    You have quite clearly demonstrated you have no clue through just about every single one of your posts. Your latest about a mortgage being 2 hours work being the pinnacle.

Just another typical sense of entitlement of wanting everything for nothing.
    • hpifever
    • By hpifever 7th Jul 18, 11:24 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    hpifever
    No mike. You are completely wrong. As usual.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,205Posts Today

8,293Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: Worried about your finances? Or maybe you just want to know some tips and tricks for getting the best money-saving deals??

• About to start @thismorning talking about why everyone should check their mortgage rates and then may be able to sa? https://t.co/ulkdPb031h

• Today's Twitter poll: Do you / would you wear fur? Reports coming out today that even some fur labeled fake actual? https://t.co/QUh6P9TVgh

• Follow Martin