Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Frank99
    • By Frank99 28th Jun 18, 1:15 PM
    • 189Posts
    • 18Thanks
    Frank99
    Home Insurance Question?
    • 28th Jun 18, 1:15 PM
    Home Insurance Question? 28th Jun 18 at 1:15 PM
    After having the a Porch and new Locks how do i mention this to the Home Insurance provider, when i renewed there was nothing asked about any upgrades.
    Would i need to start from scratch with a new policy, the provider has told me to phone their sales team but i'm concerned despite the upgraded locks they could charge more.
    Is it worth mentioning anything or should i do this just before the renewal date to get the best offer?
    I am fairly new to this so i don't know how it works.
    Enjoy everyday like it's your last!
Page 1
    • Reardoa
    • By Reardoa 28th Jun 18, 1:19 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    Reardoa
    • 28th Jun 18, 1:19 PM
    • 28th Jun 18, 1:19 PM
    You probably wont need to. Check your documents for your current sum insured. They often provide a blanket figure of 500k. They only thing you need to mention is if your building reinstatement cost has increased (the rebuild value of it should you have a total loss) if you have a policy based on value rather than proving the blanket figure.
    • EdGasketTheSecond
    • By EdGasketTheSecond 28th Jun 18, 8:21 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 510 Thanks
    EdGasketTheSecond
    • 28th Jun 18, 8:21 PM
    • 28th Jun 18, 8:21 PM
    They might be more interested if it was a new porsche
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,637Posts Today

8,350Users online

Martin's Twitter