Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 27th Jun 18, 12:31 PM
    • 969Posts
    • 225Thanks
    tazwhoever
    John Lewis Guarantee
    • 27th Jun 18, 12:31 PM
    John Lewis Guarantee 27th Jun 18 at 12:31 PM
    Bought a small product of Apple from John Lewis. Within first few months (less than 6 months) experienced a fault.

Do I have a right to replace? They said they first have to send it for a repair first.

Thanks
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 27th Jun 18, 12:34 PM
    • 6,585 Posts
    • 14,089 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 27th Jun 18, 12:34 PM
    • 27th Jun 18, 12:34 PM
    Bought a small product of Apple from John Lewis. Within first few months (less than 6 months) experienced a fault.

Do I have a right to replace? They said they first have to send it for a repair first.

Thanks
    Originally posted by tazwhoever
    They can offer a repair.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 27th Jun 18, 12:43 PM
    • 11,587 Posts
    • 8,374 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 27th Jun 18, 12:43 PM
    • 27th Jun 18, 12:43 PM

Thanks
    Outside of 30 days they have the right to attempt a repair. It's nothing to do with the JL's guarantee, it's simply the law.
    • john22
    • By john22 27th Jun 18, 12:51 PM
    • 614 Posts
    • 454 Thanks
    john22
    • 27th Jun 18, 12:51 PM
    • 27th Jun 18, 12:51 PM

Thanks
    Might be a stretch but make an appointment with an Apple Store and take the item in. They might say the same thing or they could replace it.

(don't tell them what John Lewis said just say you heard that Apple give good customer service and as item is less than 6 months old and giving problems you thought you would ask Apple for help.)
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 27th Jun 18, 1:30 PM
    • 969 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    tazwhoever
    • 27th Jun 18, 1:30 PM
    • 27th Jun 18, 1:30 PM
    https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product

I read the above, I misread it.

Thank you all.
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 11th Jul 18, 1:48 PM
    • 969 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    tazwhoever
    • 11th Jul 18, 1:48 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 1:48 PM
    Got my a replacement now, if I experience another fault within the 2 years guarantee by JL can I can a refund? Not trying for a refund!!!
    • powerful_Rogue
    • By powerful_Rogue 11th Jul 18, 1:57 PM
    • 3,500 Posts
    • 5,175 Thanks
    powerful_Rogue
    • 11th Jul 18, 1:57 PM
    • 11th Jul 18, 1:57 PM
    Got my a replacement now, if I experience another fault within the 2 years guarantee by JL can I can a refund? Not trying for a refund!!!

What does the JL guarantee say?
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 12th Jul 18, 6:24 AM
    • 12,561 Posts
    • 8,480 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 12th Jul 18, 6:24 AM
    • 12th Jul 18, 6:24 AM
    As above.

Your guarantee is from JL and that can be whatever T&C they decide to put in it.

Your legal rights are different.

For what it's worth JL are usually excellent and with some items that fail within the guarantee period they simply exchange for new or offer a refund - we had it with a pair of headphones that failed at 20 months. We got a full refund, no quibble.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,076Posts Today

8,329Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin