Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Stephen B
    • By MSE Stephen B 26th Jun 18, 7:48 PM
    • 43Posts
    • 9Thanks
    MSE Stephen B
    MSE News: BT to raise prices AGAIN - how to beat the hikes
    • 26th Jun 18, 7:48 PM
    MSE News: BT to raise prices AGAIN - how to beat the hikes 26th Jun 18 at 7:48 PM
    Millions of BT customers are facing yet another round of price hikes from September, MoneySavingExpert can reveal, with line rental, broadband, TV, BT Sport and calls costs set to rise for some...
    Read the full story:
    'BT to raise prices AGAIN - how to beat the hikes'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Stephen B; 27-06-2018 at 2:04 PM.
Page 5
    • ldm2015
    • By ldm2015 9th Aug 18, 5:19 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ldm2015
    BT have emailed me to say they are charging me 65 for the router after i have cancelled
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 9th Aug 18, 6:28 PM
    • 11,396 Posts
    • 5,008 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    BT have emailed me to say they are charging me 65 for the router after i have cancelled
    Originally posted by ldm2015

Yes if you have had it less than your contract length .Get new router and it will become yours at the end of the paid contract .
    • boatman
    • By boatman 9th Aug 18, 11:22 PM
    • 4,104 Posts
    • 2,899 Thanks
    boatman
    Originally posted by ldm2015
    Are you cancelling because of the price rise on 16th September?
    • sing6m
    • By sing6m 17th Aug 18, 4:12 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    sing6m
    BT mess
    I have BT fibre broadband and 2 mobile SIM services with them. I can't find any notification from BT about price raise in my emails. I couldn't get thro' BT last night (was on hold for a while and was said they are closed). I tried their web chat service after that. The BT rep on chat said I was sent an email on 07/Aug/18, which I didn't get. He said he resent during the chat and I was supposed to receive in 2hours (yes...2hours for an email to arrive). I didn't get any even now.

I rang again today...the BT rep was not polite. She said I was emailed Price Raise notification on 18/07/18, didn't listen to anything I said and argued BT is best, I should consider signing further 18 month contract with BT to freeze the price 31.99 and if move to NOWTV BB I would compromise on quality.

I was not happy the way she called the call. I gave her the notification to cancel BT services. She reminded I will loose 2x5 discount I get on my mobile services.

But the MSE article (also in this forum) states...If you have both broadband and mobile services with BT, you will currently receive a 5/mth discount. Though you won't be able to escape your BT Mobile contract penalty-free, your monthly discount WILL still continue if you decide to cancel your broadband package.

I am not sure why the BT Rep was adamant she is correct and referred me to the emails BT sent when got I BT SIMs. I'm ok to continue my BT mobile contracts till their end 4th Nov (BT BB activated on 13 Dec 17).
    If I cancel BT BB will I continue to receive 5/mth discount?
    Is NOWTV BB services that bad?
    • earthmother
    • By earthmother 17th Aug 18, 8:15 PM
    • 2,533 Posts
    • 5,436 Thanks
    earthmother
    Sing6m - I can't comment on the Nowtv broadband service, but when it comes to the mobile discount, I was also told that I'd lose the discount, but I've had a (mobile only) bill since cancelling the LL/BB and the discount was still there.
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to be dealing with have dealt with my debts
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 18th Aug 18, 9:48 AM
    • 11,396 Posts
    • 5,008 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    <Is NOWTV BB services that bad?>
    What the BT rep is really saying is that with BT you will have up to 52meg but only up to 38 meg with Now BB .

<<said he resent during the chat and I was supposed to receive in 2hours (yes...2hours for an email to arrive). I didn't get any even now.>>

That suggest your email as opposed to not sent .
    • Tope Con Hilo
    • By Tope Con Hilo 18th Aug 18, 11:23 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tope Con Hilo
    @sing9m

I am in the same boat regarding the so called email notification. They said they sent the email on the 21st June which I didn!!!8217;t receive and 2 days ago they told me they resent it and it would take 24 hours for me to receive; still nothing.

Has anybody, whilst still within their minimum term, managed to cancel their contract penalty free with a similar case to mine - a !!!8216;your word against mine!!!8217; scenario?

The truth is I was only made aware of these price increases on Wednesday just gone when I spoke to somebody on the Live Chat to enquire about any fees I may incur should I decide to cancel.

That is when I started to do some digging about changes of contract which led me to this forum.
    • boatman
    • By boatman 18th Aug 18, 12:42 PM
    • 4,104 Posts
    • 2,899 Thanks
    boatman
    She reminded I will loose 2x5 discount I get on my mobile services.

But the MSE article (also in this forum) states...If you have both broadband and mobile services with BT, you will currently receive a 5/mth discount. Though you won't be able to escape your BT Mobile contract penalty-free, your monthly discount WILL still continue if you decide to cancel your broadband package.

I am not sure why the BT Rep was adamant she is correct and referred me to the emails BT sent when got I BT SIMs. I'm ok to continue my BT mobile contracts till their end 4th Nov (BT BB activated on 13 Dec 17).
    If I cancel BT BB will I continue to receive 5/mth discount?
    Is NOWTV BB services that bad?
    Originally posted by sing6m
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74667096#post74667096
    • mohanbabug
    • By mohanbabug 28th Aug 18, 12:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mohanbabug
    I had not checked my email so missed the 30 days period
    Is there any chance to come out of the contract ?

Currently BT is saying that I need to pay the remaining amount of the contract

Thanks
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 28th Aug 18, 12:24 PM
    • 11,396 Posts
    • 5,008 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    You are only going to get a reply from BT .
    Email has been sent and received .
    Choice pay increases or pay off contract .
    Key is how long left on contract .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

2,246Users online

Martin's Twitter