Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mustiuc
    • By mustiuc 26th Jun 18, 5:33 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 11Thanks
    mustiuc
    Letting agency - right to enter in your house anytime
    • 26th Jun 18, 5:33 PM
    Letting agency - right to enter in your house anytime 26th Jun 18 at 5:33 PM
    Hello,

Something weird just happened 2 hours ago. I am renting a flat thru Ocean and I just found someone inside of the property saying she must visit/see the flat to check smoke detectors/condition of the property. I started renting this since January and she said there are two annual visits (3 months and 6 months). This was the first one.
    What it concerns me is the fact that she just popped in using the keys without any restrictions. I just found her inside while I was in bedroom. She asked me if I got any emails about, I searched my old email address and found one email from 21st June but my partner had no email from them.
    There is nothing written in the contract staying they can go inside without any restrictions, can use the keys and do whatever they want, even if i`m home or not. There was no phone call or "reminder" or something else. What on earth is this? Is this legal?
    After I found her into the flat she said, if I`m not happy with her visit now we can set another date but I said to do whatever she want and leave. She just made 2-3 pictures of smoke detectors and the condition of the property and left.
    I found this very strange and stupid. If i`m gone or in holiday or abroad or whatever, this means they can go inside anytime isn't it ?!
    I have nothing to hide, everything is spotless BUT is this right?

I don't know what to say more.... i`m speechless.

Thanks
Page 5
    • mustiuc
    • By mustiuc 10th Nov 18, 8:47 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    mustiuc
    Thanks for your opinions and facts.
    Also, I have not vanished at all, I was reading everyone 's opinion and some of your started to inflate and suggest another scenarios - but is alright, I've learned some good things from here.

Anyways, I am not sure if I need to open a new thread or to continue to write here because is also related to what happened first time. Just let me know what is best. New thread/title or we discuss here.

I got a new email from property manager. He is not the same since we moved in. He asked us to sign another contract which we refused. He insisted the landlord wants a guarantee of long tenancy but they can put some clauses to leave earlier if we want. He(agent) don't want rolling contract and states the rent may increase without a contract.

Reading the contract.. is standard. After AST the tenancy will continue on 30days rolling contract until one of us will decide to leave. Nothing related to signing something else.
    I sent back to him an email stating we want to respect our initial ast and we would feel sorry to hear the LL will serve us a eviction notice.
    We have a lot of clauses of cleaning the property, high deposit, big letting agent between us and their will to squeeze more money from us. We paid more than 500 their fee when we moved.

My question is...if we decide not to leave after notice (if will be given) until we find something better for us... will this affect us the deposit/credit history by having a Ccj of eviction?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

187Posts Today

1,641Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin