Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stav1
    • By stav1 25th Jun 18, 2:20 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 2Thanks
    stav1
    0 WOW
    Tips on finding best value accommodation in London
    • 25th Jun 18, 2:20 PM
    0 WOW
    Tips on finding best value accommodation in London 25th Jun 18 at 2:20 PM
    Hello,

Vising London 1st or 2nd week of September and looking for a clean apartment or aparthotel in a convenient and central location.

Do you have any tips on getting best value for money ? Such as which areas to stay, UK specific accommodation booking websites, opaque booking websites which work well for London (apart from Priceline and Hotwire), which areas are more expensive / less expensive depending on days of the week midweek /weekend, any recommended hotel chains, and any other information you find useful.

Started searching for a place to stay and the prices are as expected very high, so would appreciate any tips that could either lower the costs or help get better value for money.

Thanks
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 2nd Jul 18, 8:39 AM
    • 18,655 Posts
    • 7,740 Thanks
    richardw
    • 2nd Jul 18, 8:39 AM
    • 2nd Jul 18, 8:39 AM
    Lsevacations and other universities.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • catkins
    • By catkins 6th Jul 18, 3:01 PM
    • 5,537 Posts
    • 11,816 Thanks
    catkins
    • 6th Jul 18, 3:01 PM
    • 6th Jul 18, 3:01 PM
    Try looking at Airbnb. I only use them now and have stayed in some lovely houses, cottages and flats.

You can choose from having a whole place to yourself or just a room (often with private bathroom) in a house or flat.

Everywhere I have stayed, here and abroad, has been much cheaper than even the cheapest hotel. Also if you get a whole place it means you can cook for yourself if you want to.

Very central London is obviously going to be dearer but you should be able to find something reasonable. If not, look at areas which are on one of the tube lines or DLR.

Me and DH stayed in a lovely apartment in Canary Wharf last year and paid something like 50 a night.
    The world is over 4 billion years old and yet you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,373Posts Today

8,216Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • What does resilience mean to you? For me it?s understanding my own limitations, physically and mentally? What about? https://t.co/CuuRLoQFTr

• Donald Trump has apologised and admits he said would when he meant "wouldn't" when siding with Putin over US inte? https://t.co/z1CRJSkEO1

• About to watch #AckleyBridge on C4+1. I do enjoy it, even though I always feel somewhat stressed and depressed after watching.

• Follow Martin