Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JamesBro
    • By JamesBro 24th Jun 18, 7:28 PM
    • 46Posts
    • 8Thanks
    JamesBro
    ACE Security Services
    • 24th Jun 18, 7:28 PM
    ACE Security Services 24th Jun 18 at 7:28 PM
    Hi.

Have received a "Charge Notice Enclosed" ticket slapped on the windscreen on May 31st (25 days ago!).

I checked the BPA and IPC websites and can't find their name on the member lists.

But they say on the ticket: "We comply with the DVLA requirements on data release and only retain/process information for the purposes for which it was obtained and in accordance with data protection laws".

Reading the sticky on the forum, shall I therefore expect nothing to come through my door, as it hasn't already?

Has anyone dealt with this company recently?

Many thanks,
    James.
    Last edited by JamesBro; 08-07-2018 at 2:42 PM.
Page 2
    • JamesBro
    • By JamesBro 8th Jul 18, 3:00 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    JamesBro
    Yes, I sent it as per the blue appeal on the sticky thread. I put my name (as I'm the keeper) and my address on the bottom .
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Jul 18, 3:23 PM
    • 37,016 Posts
    • 83,632 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Yes, I sent it as per the blue appeal on the sticky thread. I put my name (as I'm the keeper) and my address on the bottom .
    Originally posted by JamesBro
    Good; you have appealed as keeper.

Now complain to your MP about this unregulated scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • JamesBro
    • By JamesBro 8th Jul 18, 3:25 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    JamesBro
    Thank you.

To confirm, my local MP or the MP in the area where the ticket was issued?

Any advice of what to put in that letter?
    • Grimble
    • By Grimble 8th Jul 18, 3:31 PM
    • 419 Posts
    • 505 Thanks
    Grimble
    Report them to trading standards at your local council in writing.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 8th Jul 18, 3:48 PM
    • 37,016 Posts
    • 83,632 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Thank you.

To confirm, my local MP or the MP in the area where the ticket was issued?

Any advice of what to put in that letter?
    Originally posted by JamesBro
    Both.

These are some of the comments made by the MPs in Parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry (Feb 2018):

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.

As well as using the word unregulated, point out that since the POFA means a keeper could be held liable, it is an absolute outrage that the scammers are saying they cannot appeal.
    The Keeper has the protection of the Protection of Freedom Act 2012. The Driver has no such protection so the scammers are denying The Keeper their rights under that act of parliament.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 08-07-2018 at 3:52 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 8th Jul 18, 3:52 PM
    • 1,940 Posts
    • 2,598 Thanks
    NeilCr
    How to report to Trading Standards.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/

Something in writing to the local office will not necessarily be dealt with. For example

https://www.essex.gov.uk/Business-Partners/Trading-Standards/Pages/Contact-Trading-Standards.aspx
    Last edited by NeilCr; 08-07-2018 at 3:55 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,134Posts Today

7,616Users online

Martin's Twitter