Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JamesBro
    • By JamesBro 24th Jun 18, 7:28 PM
    • 46Posts
    • 8Thanks
    JamesBro
    ACE Security Services
    • 24th Jun 18, 7:28 PM
    ACE Security Services 24th Jun 18 at 7:28 PM
    Hi.

Have received a "Charge Notice Enclosed" ticket slapped on the windscreen on May 31st (25 days ago!).

I checked the BPA and IPC websites and can't find their name on the member lists.

But they say on the ticket: "We comply with the DVLA requirements on data release and only retain/process information for the purposes for which it was obtained and in accordance with data protection laws".

Reading the sticky on the forum, shall I therefore expect nothing to come through my door, as it hasn't already?

Has anyone dealt with this company recently?

Many thanks,
    James.
    Last edited by JamesBro; 08-07-2018 at 2:42 PM.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 24th Jun 18, 7:34 PM
    • 18,345 Posts
    • 29,028 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 24th Jun 18, 7:34 PM
    • 24th Jun 18, 7:34 PM
    I checked the BPA and IPC websites and can't find their name on the member lists.
    https://padi.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205098252-Pace-Recovery-Storage-Ltd-Trading-As-Ace-Security-Services-

https://theipc.info/aos-members/p
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 24th Jun 18, 7:36 PM
    • 3,113 Posts
    • 4,756 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 24th Jun 18, 7:36 PM
    • 24th Jun 18, 7:36 PM
    It took me less than 30 seconds to search and find this:

https://www.acesecurities.co.uk/

And then link to this:

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/Ace_Security_Services.html

Follow the advice on the "newbies" thread you don't have long!
    • JamesBro
    • By JamesBro 24th Jun 18, 7:42 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    JamesBro
    • 24th Jun 18, 7:42 PM
    • 24th Jun 18, 7:42 PM
    OK, thanks. Sorry, you can see my confusion given they're called ACE but there is no ACE on the BPA/IPC website. So, they're trading as Pace. Thanks.

Yes, I'm now well aware that I have no time to sort this out. Reading the Newbie thread now and hoping I'll be OK.
    • JamesBro
    • By JamesBro 24th Jun 18, 7:43 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    JamesBro
    • 24th Jun 18, 7:43 PM
    • 24th Jun 18, 7:43 PM
    Ah, but hang on, they're an IPC member, not a BPA member, and fisherjim, you're saying I don't have long, but the thread says:

"In the case of CURRENT IPC AOS MEMBERS ONLY, we now advise to WAIT for a Notice to Keeper to arrive and then challenge once online or by email, as the KEEPER, not driver, using the template appeal for IPC members, as shown below."

So, again, confused. Shall I wait for a Notice to Keeper (which hasn't arrived yet)?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 24th Jun 18, 7:54 PM
    • 18,345 Posts
    • 29,028 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 24th Jun 18, 7:54 PM
    • 24th Jun 18, 7:54 PM
    The NtK could come much later, or not at all. You may find yourself getting debt collector letters or even court papers as the next stage in the process.

Spend your time learning about IPC operators and the way many of them do not follow due process, but employ the likes of BWL Legal and Gladstones Solicitors who offer roboclaims to harass motorists with threat of legal action - in the safe knowledge that many more will stump up at this stage rather than face the prospect of a court case.

But these types of court cases are not to be confused with criminal court cases. So learn about how the small claims court differs so much from its bigger cousin.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • JamesBro
    • By JamesBro 24th Jun 18, 8:05 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    JamesBro
    • 24th Jun 18, 8:05 PM
    • 24th Jun 18, 8:05 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

I'm sure this sounds very naive, but is there a chance nothing at all will arrive? Or is there definitely something due, whether it's a NtK, a debt collector letter or court papers?

My partner is off on maternity leave with my four month old child, so it feels like a lot to deal with at the moment, but I really don't want to pay the 100+ on getting this sorted. Alternatively, I suppose I need to spend a lot of time trying to understand how I can fight it.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Jun 18, 8:12 PM
    • 59,444 Posts
    • 72,592 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 24th Jun 18, 8:12 PM
    • 24th Jun 18, 8:12 PM
    I'm sure this sounds very naive, but is there a chance nothing at all will arrive?
    No, not unless ACE are currently banned by the DVLA, which we have not heard is the case.

Or is there definitely something due, whether it's a NtK, a debt collector letter or court papers?
    A NTK will arrive next month, this is a fairly automated process.

And so is sending the usual appeal to show them you are on MSE, apart from anything else! They won't cancel but you will have shown you are not the usual victims.

Then (after that stage) all IPC cases are the same - ignore everything else (except a LBC or court papers) after one 'appeal' unless the site is somewhere with scope to complain to a landowner company/retailer who will cancel it. Plenty will.

If not, then go quiet, enjoy your new baby and come back for our help later at LBC/claim stage.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• JamesBro
    • By JamesBro 24th Jun 18, 8:17 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    JamesBro
    • 24th Jun 18, 8:17 PM
    • 24th Jun 18, 8:17 PM
    Thanks very much, that's very helpful.

The site was a residential area. The car was parked in an area without clear and obvious signing of the parking restrictions.

So after the appeal, I will also definitely receive an LBC or court papers at some point? Just trying to work out the timeline of this.

Thanks again.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 24th Jun 18, 8:21 PM
    • 8,003 Posts
    • 7,868 Thanks
    KeithP
    Just trying to work out the timeline of this.
    Originally posted by JamesBro
    They have up to six years to issue a court claim for the alleged debt.
    • JamesBro
    • By JamesBro 24th Jun 18, 8:37 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    JamesBro
    Gosh, OK. Thanks. You can easily see why some people would rather pay the 100 than go through the stress of worrying about a court hearing. Determined to see it out though. 100 is a hell of a lot when you have a newborn!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Jun 18, 11:16 PM
    • 59,444 Posts
    • 72,592 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Gosh, OK. Thanks. You can easily see why some people would rather pay the 100 than go through the stress of worrying about a court hearing.
    Kind of, but it grates (a lot!) that people might pay a scam after coming here and learning the truth, and taking comfort from the fact that we see wins reported in some 99% of defended cases, counting all the hundreds of cases fully coached since 2017.

And the six year is nothing special for parking scumbags; anyone has six years in E&W to sue anyone to this is no different from any dispute.

No, you won't definitely get a claim - you know that from fisherjim's link in post #3.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• JamesBro
    • By JamesBro 4th Jul 18, 7:36 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    JamesBro
    OK, my NtK has now arrived with the usual threats; saying the charge will increase to 160 in the instance of further action. Two things:

1) I now post the appeal template, yes?

2) Our defence doesn't seem that strong. There apparently was a board saying that there are parking restrictions which was missed by the driver. But it is there.

So I'm confused - are the vast majority of won cases won even with little defence to play with or does it need to be a solid and obvious defence, such as a lack of signage etc?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Jul 18, 7:44 PM
    • 8,003 Posts
    • 7,868 Thanks
    KeithP
    1) I now post the appeal template, yes?
    Yes just send the blue template appeal.
    Send it as it is - without any alteration.
    Send it as the keeper.

2) Our defence doesn't seem that strong. There apparently was a board saying that there are parking restrictions which was missed by the driver. But it is there.
    If the driver didn't see the sign, was that because it wasn't prominent enough?
    Sounds like a good defence to me.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jul 18, 7:48 PM
    • 59,444 Posts
    • 72,592 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No contract/dodgy signs are one of the main winning points of defence. But at this stage you will get a rejection letter, no next step, ignore till court stage after rejection (NO IAS!).

• JamesBro
    • By JamesBro 4th Jul 18, 7:59 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    JamesBro
    Great, thanks very much.

Stupid question perhaps, but I work for a broadcaster, would it be wise or unwise to send the letter with the broadcaster's logo as a letter head? Would that carry more weight at all? Feeling that that's a stupid question...?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Jul 18, 8:03 PM
    • 8,003 Posts
    • 7,868 Thanks
    KeithP
    Will make no difference.

As CM said, your appeal will be rejected. Don't expect anything else.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jul 18, 8:04 PM
    • 59,444 Posts
    • 72,592 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hmmm...I would actually do that!

• JamesBro
    • By JamesBro 8th Jul 18, 2:39 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    JamesBro
    I have applied using the template, to their email provided on their website. But I notice they have all these terms:

Unless there are extenuating circumstances we can only accept an appeal against a Charge Notice from the driver responsible for parking the vehicle at the location prior to the charge notice being issued. By appealing, you confirm you were the driver.

Please provide your name, address, vehicle registration number, Charge Notice reference number and the reason for your appeal.

Should I have appealed in the normal way or adhered to their terms? Hoping it's the former.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 8th Jul 18, 2:50 PM
    • 8,003 Posts
    • 7,868 Thanks
    KeithP
    That is scandalous.

They must accept an appeal from the keeper of the vehicle.

Did you send your appeal as the keeper of the vehicle?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,213Posts Today

8,363Users online

Martin's Twitter