Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 24th Jun 18, 2:15 PM
    • 818Posts
    • 2,314Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Savings for the Boy & Me
    • 24th Jun 18, 2:15 PM
    Savings for the Boy & Me 24th Jun 18 at 2:15 PM
    Hello,

I've only just stumbled across this board but I've decided it is a more suitable place for me to post. I'll start with a bit of a background,. My life consists of the boy (who is 7) and me. We currently live at home with my mum and I've no plans to move out anytime soon. This way I am able to save as much money as possible.
    I also have bipolar disorder and ADHD so life can be tricky at times and I need routine, structure and stability.

Over the last few years I've been saving as much as possible into several accounts for numerous different things. I was also given a substantial amount of money as inheritance off a family member which enabled me to pay the off my car. So as life stands currently I have zero debt and a good amount of savings behind me.

I have different bank accounts for different things such as yearly expenses that creep up, so I'm always one step ahead. I pay a set amount of money into these each month and must have around 10 different bank accounts but they all serve their own purpose.

This year especially is a expensive year with everything we have going on. This includes a trip to Dublin, two hen dos, a caravan weekend away, a week in Cornwall and a two week Caribbean cruise. This is all within the next three months so obviously it's going to be spendy spendy.

I want to save as much money as possible but I've come to accept this year I'll have to be less harsh on myself when it comes to reaching goals. The idea will be that once this is all over, next year I can focus harder on saving as much as possible and in the future I'll get myself onto the property ladder when I feel ready. I could currently do it now but with so much going on and with my mental health being up and down, it isn't the right time.

So for now that's it and I'll go further into details in other posts to make it easier to read.

Chandelier.
    Current Debt: 0.

Check out my Diary
Page 3
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 22nd Jul 18, 11:37 AM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    It's blooming scary. They should be even more considerate as you are ill. I'm not surprised that it has shaken you up. Thank goodness you have savings. I hope this does not happen again and hope you enjoy your weekend away.
    Christmas Fund is all gone lol.
    Reminder: I HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT so SAVE!!!!
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 23rd Jul 18, 10:50 AM
    • 818 Posts
    • 2,314 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Morning,

So I've jiggled round my money that's left for this month. I've gone through all my budgets and looked where I can save money and have moved things around and have ended up moving a further 200 into the saving account for our upcoming cruise.

There is only just over one week left until the next calendar month so I have estimated and set myself targets to hopefully stay within until I get paid again.

I have phoned up payroll and they admitted it is their fault that my wage is wrong this month. The guy I spoke to stated he will rectify this today and I should hopefully get my full wage on Wednesday. We'll see with that as I'm not holding my hopes up. This ultimately will affect next months wage and all look confusing. I've also confirmed the amount of sick pay I'm entitled to which has put me at ease.

I've decided to set myself a challenge and have set myself a budget of 25 this week for entertainment purposes. We have passed for our local theme park, the indoor climbing pass and free swim sessions for us both. That should keep us busy for a few days and I plan on doing a few things that are free such as going for walks with picnics and maybe a bike ride where possible. I'll try find the right balance with everything.

I'm going to challenge myself and try to aim for 4 NSDs this week. If I plan things carefully then this should be easy.

We have enough food in the freezers/cupboards so I should only need to buy basic things this week such as fruit/veg, milk, bread etc. I'm going to create a meal plan and try stick to that as much as possible. I want to try and use up what we already have foodwise as much as possible so I can start to defrost the freezers one by one and get them organised.

I've requested a sick note up until the 13th August. The following day I have a doctor appointment where we will discuss me returning so it should be sometime that week hopefully.

I have also been looking into car insurance. The costs just seem to be creeping up and up and my premium doesn't seem to be going down even though I've had no accidents and have 6 years NCDs. Our current insurer is still coming out the cheapest and we get a discount with them. I have also downloaded an app which monitors your driving and if you do well you can get up to 28% discount off your premium. So I'm hoping to do well there and hopefully it should bring it down a bit.

Anyway, that's pretty much it for now. I hope everyone has a lovely start to the week.

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 23rd Jul 18, 9:48 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Well done on ringing work and hopefully it will be sorted. It's good that you are checking on your insurance and are having no spend days. This is very MSE and you will be saving well done.

Stay positive and it will be ok. Good luck tomorrow in the heat. It's boiling here.
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 24th Jul 18, 10:44 AM
    • 818 Posts
    • 2,314 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Morning,

I had planned yesterday to be a NSD but my friend invited me out for lunch with her and her daughter. I was having second thoughts about going but decided to in the end. I wasn't really hungry so I just had a side order of sweet potato fries that I picked at and a couple of drinks which totalled to 8.00 which I didn't think was too bad. It was two for one on meals but as there was three of us it didn't make sense for me to pay for a full meal. It was a lovely afternoon and at least it got me out the house.

I also went to the gym yesterday for the first time in a couple of months. A few months back I was in a routine of going three/four times a week and I was doing well losing weight. However life kind of got in the way and with everything else going on I kind of lost my way and stopped going. It's just finding the motivation to go. Once I'm there, I enjoy it and it does make me feel a lot better so I'm going to make more of an effort to get back into it and try lose some weight again which will be good for our upcoming holidays. I'm not setting myself a massive target that's unrealistic but ideally I'd like to lose at least a stone before our holidays. I'll do this through watching what I eat and exercising regularly. I'll just have to fit the gym in around the boy, so it will be mainly evenings but I'll try to get there in the day at some point if I can sort out childcare.

I contacted payroll in regards to my wages and it was an error on their behalf. They have now rectified it and I should receive an advance on my wage. The total he gave me doesnt seem to add up but I couldn't be bothered to argue anymore. He was adamant it was all right. I had a tax rebate due so these extra funds will be split between savings. I've also had a refund from the previous tax year of just over 100 so I'll find a home for that.

I picked up my sick note yesterday which gives me another three weeks. I then have a doctors appointment booked where we will discuss me returning to work. All should be fine and hopefully I'll return mid August. This gives me some time to sort myself out, spend time with the boy and deal with anything else that is pending. I have a revalidation/portfolio to complete over the next few weeks so I'll start that as soon as possible and just do a bit each day so it's not too overwhelming for me.

Our lodger has now returned so there is now four mouths to feed rather then three. He recently had a diagnosis of cancer so he hasn't been with us for around a month but he has now started treatment and is hopefully back with us so the income will help my mum again. He stays Monday to Friday as he works with my mum and he gets his food included with what he pays. He has been with us for over eight years and is kind of part of the family so he eats dinner with us.

The boy has now come back home from his dads so I have the rest of the week with him. We haven't got much planned for the week so far but I'll sit down and discuss with him after what he would like to do. I'm sure we will find plenty to keep us busy. I've put him into a football activity camp for two days next week that are four hours long and only cost 5 a day so I think it is good value for money and he will be going along with his friend.

The things I have planned so far today is to check what food we have in the freezers and make a provisional meal plan for the rest of the week. It is food shopping day today but we don't actually need a lot so I should come well under budget.

We are also going to make up some smoothies with some fruit we have left that has gone soft. The boy loves a good smoothie.

My friend also mentioned about seeing me and the boy again so I might see if she fancies a walk later with us and we can have a proper catch up with everything going on. She's been on holiday and I've missed her loads. She does a lot for me and is really supportive and I'm so grateful to have someone like her in my life.

I'm also due an appointment with my CPN today to check how I'm doing. After seeing me last week in the state I was, I think she was worried about me. She has asked if it's okay for her student to come along so I have agreed. I'm all for a student getting the experience and they will see a different side of mental health/see a variety of individuals and how each person copes or handles there conditions. As I'm quite high functioning and productive, she will see a difference in me compared to other patients. I know that I want to get better and will comply and do anything possible to ensure I am stable. Yes, I will have blips but that is all part of the condition and I just need to learn how to manage things and certain situations.

When I had a melt down last week, one thing that contributed to it was the loss of a friendship. This person meant a great deal to me but there are a couple of reasons we both need to step back from it so we came to a mutual decision that we need to stop talking to one another. I've not spoke to them for over a week but sent them a long message last night saying that I'm sorry its come to what it has and that I hold no hatred or anything. I haven't had a reply and I didn't think I would but I know I have been the bigger person and apologised for some of my ways and not being as understanding as I could have been. It kind of gave me some closure and it felt like a weight had been lifted. My door is always open for them and I hope one day in the future when things have calmed down that we could possibly be friends again. But for now, it is goodbye and I'm still getting used to this.

I'm finding this diary gives me a bit of an outlet and keeps on the straight and narrow. I'm always looking for ways to save money and cut back on things whilst also finding the balance we need. I want to be able to enjoy life and experience new things. I think I'm going to make myself a bucket list and work through this. There is so much I want to do and see.

So I have a few things I can focus on right now that I can work on. In some ways I'll continue to save money elsewhere by being careful but I'm also creating many memories with the boy which hopefully in the future he can look back on his childhood and reminisce in a nice way.

I guess I should get off and crack on with things I need to do. I still need to return one of the tents I bought so hopefully that money should be back in my bank sooner rather then later. I think I paid for it on my credit card so I'll have to contact them and see how I go about this.

I also still need to inform the DVLA about my illnesses/conditions but this should not restrict me from driving. My consultant will back me up on this and hopefully all should be well.

I've been thinking about getting myself a bike for a while to commute to work which is four miles each way and I would be travelling when the road times are quiet. It is also quite a straight forward easy journey If I do this I'll invest in a decent quality bike. I can also then go on bike rides with the boy and get some exercise whilst having fun. If I do this I'll also need to buy myself a helmet and bike lock but there is a safe place I can store it at work. We do have two bikes currently in the garage but they haven't been used in three years and were just basic poor quality ones. I think I'll advertise them for free on fbook or somewhere asI just want rid of them. Someone else can put them to good use and then it's one of my good deeds. Hopefully if I do this, it will reduce the amount that I use my car and I can save on petrol. It will soon pay for itself. I'm thinking of using my 0% purchases card to fund this and will pay it off over a set amount of time.

I need to sort out all my bank cards and credit cards and get them organised. I'm only using one at the moment which is my AMEX card and that's for the points/cashback so my credit utilisation is currently low. I just need to find each card and the pin numbers for and change them to something that is memorable. I'll then allocate a purpose for each one and all bar the 0% one will be paid in full each month.

Anyhow I really need to get on with my day and try to be as productive as possible. I've also decided to start sorting through my bedroom to have a clear out and declutter my space. I've got far too much stuff which I don't need and I'll go through my wardrobes and see which clothes I want and donate some to charity. I'm also going to get the boy to try on some of his clothes and see what fits and what doesn't. Hopefully with this I shouldn't need to buy him that many holiday clothes, it will be more for me and the main items will be swimsuits and possibly one evening dress. I'd like to find a nice red dress that suits my figure and will really make me stand out. I'm hoping by going back to the gym and trying to lose some weight I'll fit into the clothes I already have and won't have to buy much for myself. When we go, I'm definitely not taking as much as I have done previously as I didn't wear quite a bit.

Ta-ra for now, I hope everyone has a lovely day. The weather is cloudy here but mild and the air is slightly muggy. At least it's not raining though.

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 24th Jul 18, 5:48 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Focus on getting better everyday and enjoying yourself with your son. Well done on planning to declutter. I do that every holiday and it is very therapeutic. That and going to the gym will help you to feel much better I am sure.

Weather is v warm here. I have just come in and am going to have a little rest.
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 24th Jul 18, 5:52 PM
    • 818 Posts
    • 2,314 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    I've figured out a budget for this next upcoming month. If all is well, any money not allocated will go towards other savings. Anyway, here it is.

August Budget 2018

Bills.

Board: 200.00
    Phone: 23.00
    Gym: 22.50
    Union: 16.40
    Denplan: 11.99
    Prescription: 10.40
    Spotify: 9.99
    Insurance: 7.99

Total: 302.27.

Savings.

HTB Isa: 200.00
    5% Saver: 300.00

Total: 500.00

Budgets.

Ice Skating: 250.00
    Petrol: 60.00
    Car: 125.00
    Food: 80.00
    Childcare: 30.00
    NMC Fees: 15.00
    Birthday: 50.00
    Christmas: 55.00
    Entertainment: 150.00
    Emergency: 100.00

Total: 915.00

Overall total: 1717.27.

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 24th Jul 18, 6:13 PM
    • 818 Posts
    • 2,314 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Holiday Budgets Updated.

- Mablethorpe Holiday: 200.(225/200 saved in an account. I've put aside a little extra incase we need more petrol).

- Cornwall Holiday: 800. (510 left as I have paid my part towards accomodation. What is left is for entertainment, petrol, food etc).

- Caribbean Cruise: 2360. (1430/2360. I'm still adding towards this as the month goes on and where money is spare. If I'm a little off target by the time we go then that's okay, I have back up provisions in place).

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 25th Jul 18, 12:30 PM
    • 818 Posts
    • 2,314 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Afternoon,

Yesterday was quite tiring. We spent the afternoon out with my friend and then I had a visit from my CPN which went quite well. We are going to focus on the psychological aspects of things and have decided to come up with a wellness care plan for myself for people in my life to read incase anything happens or they suspect I'm having a relapse. I'll do that over the next two weeks. I then cooked us Spanish chicken with mash potato for tea using what we already have in stores. I've then done an inventory of what food we already have and went food shopping based on that. We did buy some things not on the list but we still came within budget (50). In total we spent 44.06 between Aldi and Iceland and I got a 10% discount from Iceland as they have an offer on for those who work in the emergency services. I then headed off to the gym for an hour before returning home and retiring to bed. I was absolutely shattered.

This morning I woke up and found my wages had been paid so I've moved them to a seperate account for now until later on in the week when I sort out my budgets for August. I've the last of my income to come on Friday and then I'll be all set up and ready.

The boy and I then went to the indoor climbing place this morning where I met my cousin and her daughter. We had a catch up whilst the kids played. The boys confidence is increasing each time he goes and it's great to see. He is already asking to go back again so the summer pass is definitely worth its money.

I was originally suppose to go for a walk with my friend around one of our local nature spots this afternoon so I'm going with the boy and his dad instead. His dad should be picking us up around 3pm and after that he is staying over at his dads. I have a really good relationship with his dad and his partner which is nice for him. I try to coparent as much as possible but its hard with his dads work schedule. The two nights he is away from me each week, he spends at his nannys (his dads, mum) as she loves him to pieces and his dad sees him where possible. I hope his dad takes him out tomorrow and I've given him a few suggestions of what to do but he claims he is short on money. He doesn't have to take him somewhere that costs a lot. There is plenty of free things to do. His dad also mentioned about increasing maintenance payments to me, I'm not holding my hopes up as it won't be much more but I'm surprised he mentioned it as usually he moans about how much he pays, which isn't alot compared to what I do for the boy. Anyway.

I'm currently defrosting one of our freezers. If I have enough time I'll do a second one. I'm also planning on cleaning out the fridge and reorganizing it so all is clear. I'll make the boys lunch and maybe a smoothie beforehand. I'm trying my best to make sure we eat as much as possible at home rather then eat out. We did have a couple of drinks at the indoor climbing place this morning which totalled to 5.74 which I don't think was too bad. I used the entertainment money fund to cover this.

Anyhow I best get on with my day. I have quite a few things I want to do and achieve.

My to do list

- Make smoothie using leftover fruit.
    - Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner from stores.
    - Defrost at least one freezer and clean the fridge.
    - Go for a walk with his dad.
    - Go to the gym this evening.
    - Write a reflection for my work portfolio.

There are probably a few other things I've missed off that I posted on another thread so I'll update later when all is done.

Have a great day everyone .
    Last edited by Chandelier.; 25-07-2018 at 2:32 PM.

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 27th Jul 18, 9:48 AM
    • 818 Posts
    • 2,314 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Morning!

All my income for the month has now been received so I've already allocated all payments for next month and updated the budgets so I'm raring to go. I still have money left over in certain accounts from this month but what is left over next week will just either roll over into the same budget or go towards other savings such as my Caribbean cruise fund which now stands at 2000. Only 360 more to find .

I've a massive to do list to do today so I will be cracking on with that. I've some other banking things to sort out/get on with and just need to organise my cards/pin numbers and put them into the appropriate purse. I think I'll put my credit cards into one purse (apart from main card I use) and debit cards into another.

I'll be looking at finding travel insurance soon so will go through comparison sites and see what comes up cheapest. Usually it seems to be our current insurance company we use for other purposes such as car etc but I will double check all avenues.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 27th Jul 18, 9:54 AM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Hurrah for the money being received. I am sure that's a big relief. Im just getting ready for work. The cruise sounds like it will be wonderful. Good luck with finding good insurance. Make sure it covers your conditions as I know I found out from the hospital some of mine weren't covered when the sales staff said they were. Luckily I wasn't ill and didn't need it and know now.
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 28th Jul 18, 2:00 PM
    • 818 Posts
    • 2,314 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Saving, I always declare my medical conditions. I will have all my medications with me and PRN meds just in case I need them. Hopefully I shouldn't and I'll be surrounded by all my family, so I'll have support systems in place.

I wrote a massive to do list yesterday but only got a few things done. I've decided I'm going to pace myself with it all over the weekend. I managed to get the first tent I bought returned so hopefully should receive the money back into my account by the end of next week.

I then went for lunch with my friend and ended up spending more then I intended to but I wasn't too fussed. We don't always go out for meals that often with the boy so it made a nice change. I generally tend to go for lunch with my friends occasionally when we all can.

Today the boy has been to his friends birthday party and we have a 40th to attend later. We were going to go to our local theme park but the weather has been awful this morning and put me off.

I think I'm going to go home after this and sort through what holiday clothes the boy already has and what we possibly need to get. It shouldn't be much for him and I only need a few bits.

Anyway hope everyone has a lovely day x

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 28th Jul 18, 7:44 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Im glad you have a bit of time with your friend and you went out for lunch together and that the boy's father maybe increasing your money.

It's all looking good from here.
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 29th Jul 18, 2:03 PM
    • 818 Posts
    • 2,314 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Afternoon,

Forgive me MSE for I have sinned! I've been into town today and spent a small tidy sum woops.

I bought the boy a new lunchbox to take fill with snacks when we go ice skating and for when he returns to school.

I bought myself some pretty new pens for when I return to work. I have an obsession with stationary and have way too many pens but at least I can always lend one to someone .

I then bought my friend a candle, notebook and pen for her birthday which was a couple of weeks ago but I was yet to get her something. I think she will like it.

I also bought myself a new purse and scarf which are lovely. There is a boutique shop near us and for what they have, they are really good prices so I can't resist.

And last but not least I was then naughty and went and got my nose pierced. I'm not allowed it for work but I'll just put a clear stud in. I'm happy with it though and have wanted it done for a while and I finally did it. It made my eyes water but aside from that, it all went well.

I managed to do all of this within an hour .

I'm off holiday clothes shopping tomorrow with my friend and then I'm meeting another friend who I haven't seen for a while, for dinner. We are just going somewhere cheap and cheerful.

Here is me trying to be good and save as much as possible and then I just go on random splurges. I don't always spend vast amounts though and I'm pretty good at reigning it in.

I'm going to have a bit of a chill out day today before going to my relatives later to talk about our upcoming cruise. We will probably look at what discounts are offered on certain excursions and see what we want to do.

I'm in a great mood today and feel more alive then I have done in a while. The boy did well in his ice skating and I had a good catch up with the other mums which made the morning bearable.

I think I'm finally getting my spark back and zest for life again. Long may it continue!

I'm also possibly going on a date later on this week. I'm not holding out for anything serious, I just want a bit of fun and excitement. It's a great boost to my confidence.

Have a great day everyone

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 29th Jul 18, 7:11 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    You have made me laugh.

It's fine to treat yourself if you can afford it and you can. lol. Well done on having fun.

A nose piercing???? OMG I would scream if anyone came near my nose. lol.

A date??? Oooooh exciting times.

I have done some work for work for the day and now I am going to chill in between laughing at your 'sins'.
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 4th Aug 18, 9:04 AM
    • 818 Posts
    • 2,314 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Morning,

I once again need to be forgiven for ng sins. It has been a spendy week once again, whoops.
    I went holiday clothes shopping at the beginning of the week and spent just under 300 . However I got a lot of things for my m ok my money and most items were bought in the sale. I probably saved myself around 200 from the original price tags. I've just some bits left to get the boy which I will do later on today.

We have had a busy week overall.

On Tuesday we met up with my cousin and went for a stroll around a local nature reserve. We finished it off with an ice cream, a play on the park and some den building.

On Wednesday the boy went to a local football sport camp which only cost 5. I got most of my revalidation portfolio for work done and then nipped in to work to print some things off.

On Thursday the boy once again went to the football club and I finally finished my work portfolio and then got it printed at work to save me the cost of paper/ink. Later on we met up with my cousin and went to the indoor climbing place (free due to summer pass) and then we went for tea at pizza hut which only cost me 15 as my cousin had a taste card which gave 50% off.

Yesterday was one of the other most speediest days activity wise. The boy had his friend round so I took them to McDs for lunch and then to an indoor trampoline place where they entertained themselves for over three hours and also did some cave exploring. That ended up rather expensive but I'm convincing myself it was a one off!

Today, I'm possibly meeting a friend for a coffee then I'm taking the boy out to our local lifeboat station open day. The plan following that is to finish off our holiday shopping.

I'll soon be back to saving again, oops.

My flights, car insurance and everything else is now paid for. I've just got to sort out the travel insurance.

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 9th Aug 18, 8:20 AM
    • 818 Posts
    • 2,314 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Morning,

I hope everyone is well.

It's been a bit of a wish washy week here. I've lost track of my spending and have bought quite a few other things that I'll try on and if they don't fit, I'll send them back. I'm not worrying about these things too much. I still need to do some shopping for the boy to get a couple of bits for our holiday.

We were due to go away this weekend to Mablethorpes but that has been cancelled as the owners had double booked . We looked at other possibilities but they were just coming back too expensive so we've decided to leave it. The reason for going was to celebrate the boys actual birthday so instead we have made other plans to compensate for this. We had three upset children but there is not much else we can do.

I'll divert that money towards the cruise fund now.

We have a busy day ahead of us today. I'm off to take the boy to an activity of bird hut making and then we are meeting some of my work friends for lunch. We will then probably plod around town for a bit and get what we can and then this evening we are off to an indoor climbing place.

I've yet to go food shopping this week so I will try to fit that in somewhere. I've no plans for tomorrow as yet.

So that's pretty much where I stand for now. I need to update my online banking as I haven't done it for a few days.

Have a great day everyone.

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 9th Aug 18, 8:28 AM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Sorry about Mablethorpe's being double booked. I hope you and DS have fun bird house making today. He is having a lovely holiday.

It's raining here. I hope the weather is better by you.
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 12th Aug 18, 4:18 PM
    • 818 Posts
    • 2,314 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Afternoon,

It seems that for this month, money saving has gone to pot. I've been buying bits here and there and not really keeping track of things but I'm not going to worry. It was always bound to be a busy, spendy month with everything due and our upcoming holidays. I just need to sit down properly and go through my online banking.

It's the boys birthday today and we spent the morning at an indoor climbing centre. He has now gone out with his dad for the afternoon before we all go for a meal tonight which should be lovely.

I've really overspent on my clothes budget for the holiday but in all honesty, I do not care. I want to look and feel good and the items I've bought do just exactly that. I have the money put aside for things like this, so why not?!

I've a bit of a lax attitude to money at the moment and I need to just monitor myself. I should need no more clothes for my holiday and I've bought enough dresses to see me through many occasions.

I'm just going to take everything as it comes. I just want to make the most of my time and energy that I have.

I'm due back at work next Saturday so hopefully my routine shall return back to normal and things will be better.

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 12th Aug 18, 10:50 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 47,135 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I am glad you are feeling better and there is nothing like treating yourself to cheer yourself up. You can afford it and if you haven't saved so much this month it is ok to have some time off. The clothes are an investment and you will reuse them I am sure so I approve and authorise your spending!
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 16th Aug 18, 8:53 AM
    • 818 Posts
    • 2,314 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Morning,

The boy had a brilliant time for his birthday. We went to the indoor climbing place and then his dad took him out for a few hours. We then went for a meal together as a whole family which was lovely.

The boy really has made use of the indoor climbing place pass. I originally bought him one (40 for 6 visits) and then his Nanny bought him another. He loves it that much that I'm going to look into doing it as a hobby at our local leisure centre. It will be different to what he is used to but will challenge him. His confidence regarding heights has really improved and I'm so happy to see this. When he first went to the indoor place for a birthday party, he was so apprehensive and scared to climb but as time has gone on, he has pushed himself further and further. I'm so proud of him.

On Thesday we went to another trampoline park not too far away from us which was amazing. As well as the trampolines, it had inflatables and a zipwire type of ride which the boy did twice! Again, I was shocked at this but so proud. The atmosphere was just so vibrant and it only cost 10 for an hour which was more then worth it in my opinion. I'm definitely going back there soon with him.

We had a pyjama/chill out day yesterday. The boys suit arrived for the cruise which just fits him, we may need to get the trousers shortened once we find shoes to go with them. I also tried on some of the other clothes I had bought and will be returning a few items so I'll get some money back there.

Today the boy is once again off to the indoor climbing centre. I am then taking him to his grandparents whilst I head to work for a meeting regarding my return to work. At some point I need to nip into town to return a few items. I'll see what time I have left and where I can fit it in. I'm hoping they will let me return what I want as it's a swimsuit but still has tags and everything on. It was bought on a whim and doesnt fit me properly. I may also take the boy swimming if I have time.

So tomorrow we have the boys ice skating then we are going to our local theme park which we have passes for with my cousin.

On Saturday, it's my first day back at work after being off for eight weeks. I feel a mixture of excitement, fear and anxiety. It feels like I've been off far longer and I'm worried I won't fit back in like I used to. It will take me some time to get back into a routine.

In other news its 9 days till we go to Cornwall and 23 days until our cruise. There is still a few things I need to sort out. Time has flown by so quickly and there is still alot that needs to be sorted.

All the best to everyone.

Chandelier.

Check out my Diary
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,305Posts Today

6,147Users online

Martin's Twitter