Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • spyhunter
    • By spyhunter 23rd Jun 18, 3:24 PM
    • 237Posts
    • 95Thanks
    spyhunter
    BT price increases September 2018
    • 23rd Jun 18, 3:24 PM
    BT price increases September 2018 23rd Jun 18 at 3:24 PM
    Just noticed on BT website. Another price increase from BT coming September.
    Looks like everything is going up.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com

Look out for emails and letters soon. Broadband going up £2.50
    Last edited by spyhunter; 23-06-2018 at 4:32 PM.
Page 9
    • deanos
    • By deanos 7th Aug 18, 8:36 PM
    • 10,825 Posts
    • 5,558 Thanks
    deanos
    Bingo !

Tried again , first offered what i was paying now £25.99 , then got offered £23.99 said my friend got offered £21.99 yesterday, a few clicks later she offered me £21.99
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 8th Aug 18, 12:09 AM
    • 2,466 Posts
    • 2,376 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    SSE *shudder* terrible had same problem
    Originally posted by deanos
    I had no problems at all with SSE. I had an 18 month fibre contract on which I consistently got 79Mbps download and 19.5Mbps upload. The price was incredibly cheap and when I had an issue with the router it was sorted without fuss and promptly.

My speed was never throttled.
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 8th Aug 18, 12:13 AM
    • 2,466 Posts
    • 2,376 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    Had email from bt today phoned to cancel, best they offers was the same deal I am on now £26.99 fibre broadband. I said no & I am about to switch to sky £85 topcashback, £75 gift card, free router, £25 per month or £30 for fibre max. Will my sim only with bt stay the same cost?

Just looked at quico they are offering a £25 extra on top of £80 with sky! Media Bonus on the quidco website!!!55357;!!!56397;!!!55356;!!!57339;
    Originally posted by Gavgooner
    If you move your broadband from BT then they will charge you the higher rate for your SIM only mobile deal.
    • meherenow
    • By meherenow 8th Aug 18, 4:13 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    meherenow
    If you move your broadband from BT then they will charge you the higher rate for your SIM only mobile deal.
    Originally posted by ValiantSon

No, they won't. Not until your mobile contract is up.
    • Birdman2015
    • By Birdman2015 8th Aug 18, 6:10 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Birdman2015
    Finally received my letter today, let the games commence !!!55357;!!!56841;
    • colinm
    • By colinm 8th Aug 18, 6:37 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    colinm
    Hi

BT are telling me I wonít get a refund for my advance line rental (3 months left) if I cancel due to the price rise. Anyone know if thatís correct?

Thanks
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 8th Aug 18, 6:42 PM
    • 10,810 Posts
    • 4,625 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Its not correct you will get pro rata refund but may have to chase it .
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 8th Aug 18, 7:21 PM
    • 459 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    Al Ross
    That is the second account sorted, new lower price of £21.99.

Do not speak to anyone apart from the loyalty department.

One more to go tomorrow night. Has anyone one got the £21.99 deal and free BT Sport included as well, as my son has BT Sport.
    • Birdman2015
    • By Birdman2015 8th Aug 18, 8:07 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Birdman2015
    I just turned a potential £3.50 rise into a £6 discount with one phone call. Happy enough to stay with that deal.
    • loulou41
    • By loulou41 8th Aug 18, 9:30 PM
    • 2,744 Posts
    • 191 Thanks
    loulou41
    Yes there is a deal going on until 16th for free bt sports for 18 months. I renewed my contract for 18 months from bt basic to superfast fibre essential speed up to 38 mbs at £21.99. Phoned yesterday to ask about free bt sports as advertised and got it added for free. Hubby is very happy superfast by essential, unlimited w/e call and free bt sports all at £21.99. I think that it is a good deal. Hope this helps somebody who is trying to renegotiate. Only had to pencil when contract ends as the price will more than double.
    • ccdorset
    • By ccdorset 8th Aug 18, 9:44 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    ccdorset
    Yes there is a deal going on until 16th for free bt sports for 18 months. I renewed my contract for 18 months from bt basic to superfast fibre essential speed up to 38 mbs at £21.99. Phoned yesterday to ask about free bt sports as advertised and got it added for free. Hubby is very happy superfast by essential, unlimited w/e call and free bt sports all at £21.99. I think that it is a good deal. Hope this helps somebody who is trying to renegotiate. Only had to pencil when contract ends as the price will more than double.
    Originally posted by loulou41
    Just phoned for my father and managed to get this deal for him aswell. I had agreed on a £23.99 deal for him a week or so ago, but saw the advert for free BT Sport on Sky today. I phoned the Customer Options team and they not only agreed to add it on for free, but also changed the deal to £21.99 a month! Was quite surprised they did that! I just phoned him and the BT Sport has been activated already, so he is chuffed to bits.

I also got the £23.99 deal for myself the other week and by co-incidence have just ordered Sky today. It isn't being installed until 29th August though, so think I'm going to miss out on the free BT sport unfortunately!
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 9th Aug 18, 4:30 AM
    • 2,466 Posts
    • 2,376 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    No, they won't. Not until your mobile contract is up.
    Originally posted by meherenow
    Is that confirmed anywhere in writing?

Contracts don't expire, but they do reach the end of the minimum term.
    • meherenow
    • By meherenow 9th Aug 18, 7:55 AM
    • 94 Posts
    • 58 Thanks
    meherenow
    Is that confirmed anywhere in writing?

Contracts don't expire, but they do reach the end of the minimum term.
    Originally posted by ValiantSon
    OK then, I meant that you will receive the discount until the end of your mobile phone minimum term.

It has been well documented elsewhere (esp. HUKD).

I imagine it has to do with the fact that OFCOM decree that there should be no impediment to leaving due to price increases - losing a mobile contract discount would be seen as such an impediment.

It's even mentioned on this site:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/utilities/2018/06/BT-to-hike-prices-in-September-heres-what-we-know-so-far
    • woody-B
    • By woody-B 9th Aug 18, 2:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    woody-B
    BT package
    That sounds an excellent deal, effectively £18.99 line rental plus £3.00 for fibre broadband and free BT Sport.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 9th Aug 18, 2:54 PM
    • 10,810 Posts
    • 4,625 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    [QUOTE=loulou41;74635687]months from bt basic to superfast fibre essential speed up to 38 mbs

Note that's the lower BT fibre not the standard fibre 1 at up to 52 meg .That most users are offered by BT .
    • deanos
    • By deanos 9th Aug 18, 4:12 PM
    • 10,825 Posts
    • 5,558 Thanks
    deanos
    Bingo , Full House

Just rang again to get BT sports added for free

So now i have

BT Sport on Sky free 18 months
    BT Tv Starter
    Unlimited Superfast Fibre up 72mpbs
    Free Weekend Calls
    Line Rental

£21.99 month
    Last edited by deanos; 09-08-2018 at 4:40 PM.
    • CADHLA
    • By CADHLA 9th Aug 18, 5:27 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CADHLA
    Hi all First time poster!
    What am I doing wrong! I've just got the email notification through from BT about the Sept price increase.

I rang BT told them I had a much better price from another provider and that I was going to move. They basically said that was fine, just do all through the other provider and that way I'll be able to retain my landline number. They didn't try to keep me, or even look at my package. I'm currently paying £51.99 a month for broadband (superfast fibre 1 unlimited), landline and evening & weekend calls (and this is before the increase). Are they just hoping I won't move? Has this happened anyone else? What is my next move!! Thanks for any help you can offer.
    • deanos
    • By deanos 9th Aug 18, 5:29 PM
    • 10,825 Posts
    • 5,558 Thanks
    deanos
    call 0800 028 3098 that's retention team, speak nicely, ask what deals they have, mention your friend got £21.99 a few days ago
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 9th Aug 18, 7:46 PM
    • 459 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    Al Ross
    That sounds an excellent deal, effectively £18.99 line rental plus £3.00 for fibre broadband and free BT Sport.
    Originally posted by woody-B

I got through to loyalty team and did a new deal for 18 months Superfast Fibre BT Sport free for 12 months.

I received the confirmation email and instead of BT Sport, it says BT TV.I phoned back up to query it and told definitely BT sport but cannot send out another email as it auto generated, but he says he has put a note in the system.
    • Vegastare
    • By Vegastare 9th Aug 18, 9:03 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Vegastare
    Can see the number for retentions but has anyone got the loyalty number.

Am on the job tomorrow morning . I looked at the link on the email sent and guess what they will keep it the same price...so why bother increasing it.
    It seems that this is the right time to get it cheaper, its around £29.99 at present (plus that what the link says I can keep it at) and then the phone package added and sport package.
    So how much should I aim for and should I push for free sport
    Last edited by Vegastare; 09-08-2018 at 9:06 PM. Reason: error
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

85Posts Today

1,750Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin