Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • spyhunter
    • By spyhunter 23rd Jun 18, 3:24 PM
    • 237Posts
    • 95Thanks
    spyhunter
    BT price increases September 2018
    • 23rd Jun 18, 3:24 PM
    BT price increases September 2018 23rd Jun 18 at 3:24 PM
    Just noticed on BT website. Another price increase from BT coming September.
    Looks like everything is going up.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com

Look out for emails and letters soon. Broadband going up 2.50
    Last edited by spyhunter; 23-06-2018 at 4:32 PM.
Page 8
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 5th Aug 18, 2:36 PM
    • 10,832 Posts
    • 4,633 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Yes all the emails have not yet gone out . Source BT today .Ten days left for emails to go out .

I used

https://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/pricechanges/login/login.html

To confirm my price rise and used that as well i have been notified .
    • boatman
    • By boatman 5th Aug 18, 7:11 PM
    • 4,041 Posts
    • 2,851 Thanks
    boatman
    Certainly worth giving them a call to make sure you haven't already logged you as being informed, there is always a chance its lost somewhere.
    • Vegastare
    • By Vegastare 6th Aug 18, 10:38 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Vegastare
    thank you for this I can see that it is about 3.00 per month, just been online chat...............honestly do they have any idea what they are doing 20 wasted minutes of my day, I copied this

I see that you have not yet received any price change, so not to worry at all, until and unless you receive price change notification, you will not be getting effected by price change so not to worry at all and also for your reference you can copy this chat conversation as well.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 6th Aug 18, 12:22 PM
    • 10,832 Posts
    • 4,633 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Online chat is not the route to use .
    Use the BT numbers posted and get through to live UK retentions team.
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 6th Aug 18, 7:11 PM
    • 463 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    Al Ross
    I just phoned BT.,the advisor agreed I hadn't been sent the email yet.
    She said it is 30 days from when I receive the email.

So I will pay the waiting game and see.
    • Vegastare
    • By Vegastare 6th Aug 18, 8:07 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Vegastare
    I just phoned BT.,the advisor agreed I hadn't been sent the email yet.
    She said it is 30 days from when I receive the email.

So I will pay the waiting game and see.
    Originally posted by Al Ross

From what I understand the price increases on 16th September so we should hear in the next week or so and then the fun beginns
    • johnbhoy10
    • By johnbhoy10 6th Aug 18, 10:45 PM
    • 400 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    johnbhoy10
    UHD Boxes via BT members page have been 49.99 + 9,99 delivery for a year or more .

ALR 208 thats the price before Sept increase .
    Monthly is 18.99

Current LR + BB is 25.99
    My new deal is 17.73 via ALR + BB 3.
    Dont forget ALR paid before Sept increase saves 10% + the ALR price increase .
    Originally posted by JJ Egan

Thanks for that.

You did well with that 25.99 for LR and BB with your old deal....was that for Unlimited Infinity 1 as i thought i was doing well with my 30.99 (49.99-19 discount)

Yeah, i see what you're doing with the LR too......maximising the benefit of advanced payment with the saving of avoiding the increase too! Quite right.

ps- don't know where i got that 65 for the box. I'm sure they said 65 but can see now it is 60
    Last edited by johnbhoy10; 06-08-2018 at 10:47 PM. Reason: .
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 7th Aug 18, 7:21 AM
    • 10,832 Posts
    • 4,633 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    You did well with that 25.99 for LR and BB with your old deal....was that for Unlimited Infinity 1 as i thought i was doing well with my 30.99 (49.99-19 discount)

Yes BB + Unlimited Fibre 1 + Essentials TV came to circa 34.50.
    First call to cancel last year price i refused offer and i gave 30 days notice .
    They called me back two weeks later with better deal .
    • Vegastare
    • By Vegastare 7th Aug 18, 1:39 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Vegastare
    Well finally got email and if I act!! will get it for same price as now and new box activation of 9.99. For 18 mth contract.
    Will have to try my hand and look around, however easy it is to stay and not have the hassle all I am saving is the increases.

Any ideas and suggestions (dare I ask)
    • johnbhoy10
    • By johnbhoy10 7th Aug 18, 3:09 PM
    • 400 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    johnbhoy10
    Well finally got email and if I act!! will get it for same price as now and new box activation of 9.99. For 18 mth contract.
    Will have to try my hand and look around, however easy it is to stay and not have the hassle all I am saving is the increases.

Any ideas and suggestions (dare I ask)
    Originally posted by Vegastare
    yes....do as above.....phone loyalty team and ask to cancel....they should offer you a deal.....you can either go ahead with that deal if you're happy with the price of give them 30 days notice and they ''may'' call you back with an enhanced offer. It's a bit of brinkmanship really and i think the last time i did this they never called back. Mind you, i'm not 100% if i instructed cancellation or not and just told them to save the offer on the system should i decide to accept, which i did in the end as i received no phone call back......it was a while back, mind you

ps- just reread you mail again and see what you mean...you mention they've offered the same price going forward...depends reallyon the price i suppose!
    Last edited by johnbhoy10; 07-08-2018 at 3:11 PM. Reason: .
    • charltonfan1
    • By charltonfan1 7th Aug 18, 3:21 PM
    • 277 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    charltonfan1
    Just called retentions twice.

Was on Infinity 1 at 28.99 before price change notification. First retentions agent offered 25.99 for 18m and the second dropped to 21.99 for 18m so pulled the trigger on that.

Have been very happy with speeds and reliability so didnt want to take the risk on NOWTV broadband
    • deanos
    • By deanos 7th Aug 18, 5:16 PM
    • 10,827 Posts
    • 5,560 Thanks
    deanos
    I just got the email, when i last did a deal in November i thought it was guaranteed no price increase and now i have a email about a increase

I see Talk Talk are offering fibre for 22.50 a month and 50 gift card
    • deanos
    • By deanos 7th Aug 18, 5:59 PM
    • 10,827 Posts
    • 5,560 Thanks
    deanos
    I left SSE for BT in November & never will I sign up with them again unless they move from Daisy Wholesale who supplies SSE with their broadband.

Speed was throttled terribly every evening without fail. Streaming was impossible for me anyway.

I received a refund for the time I was with them & allowed to leave my contract early as an apology.
    Originally posted by you_llneverwalkalone

SSE *shudder* terrible had same problem
    • deanos
    • By deanos 7th Aug 18, 6:13 PM
    • 10,827 Posts
    • 5,560 Thanks
    deanos
    Just got off phone, no offers at all just said i can leave
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 7th Aug 18, 6:35 PM
    • 3,356 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    I also mentioned Now TV BB at 20 pm .
    I looked at Now TV Broadband. The reviews put me off:

https://www.broadband.co.uk/broadband/providers/now-broadband/reviews/

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/nowtv.com

But it may be a good bargaining chip.
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 7th Aug 18, 6:41 PM
    • 3,356 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    Yes all the emails have not yet gone out . Source BT today .Ten days left for emails to go out .

I used

https://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/pricechanges/login/login.html

To confirm my price rise and used that as well i have been notified .
    I get "Were sorry, we can only show pricing for Broadband customers currently.".
    • revolver
    • By revolver 7th Aug 18, 6:48 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    revolver
    It pays to haggle! Actually I didn't really haggle at all; just said I wasn't happy about the amount I was paying and was thinking of leaving.

I was paying 52.99 per month for landline, broadband and weekend calls plus 3.50 for BT Sport. This was due to increase to 55.49 and 6 respectively from September but thanks to the advice on this website, I called them and now have a new contract for BT Plus (faster broadband) for 39.99 and BT Sport for 3.

I have therefore saved 162 pa on what I'm paying now and 222 on what I would have been paying from September. The ridiculous thing is, if BT hadn't announced a price rise from September, I'd have just blindly carried on with my existing contract! As stated on this site, the number to call is 0800 783 1401. Thank you MSE!
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 7th Aug 18, 7:09 PM
    • 3,356 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    I just got the email, when i last did a deal in November i thought it was guaranteed no price increase and now i have a email about a increase

I see Talk Talk are offering fibre for 22.50 a month and 50 gift card
    Originally posted by deanos
    And TalkTalk guarantee not to increase prices during the minimum contract period.

My Mother was with TalkTalk. IIRC they include extras for free, such as call barring.

A Sky broadband deal via TopCashback is looking quite good: 18 months at 25 a month for unlimited fibre broadband; 85 cachback from TopCashback; 75 prepaid Mastercard from Sky; you pay a 9.95 connection charge and 50 activation fee.

Total cost of contract 349.95 (effectively 19.45 a month).

If they're that bad, their early termination charge appears to be 15.81 for each remaining month, much of which could be recouped by getting a cashback deal for signing up elsewhere.

There was a charge of 20 by Sky when my Mother switched from TalkTalk to Sky: a charge for moving from an unbundled provider.

Prices based on Sky Fibre Unlimited.
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 7th Aug 18, 7:37 PM
    • 463 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    Al Ross
    I received my 3 email price rise emails from BT this afternoon ,I was paying 25.99 for 80 meg unlimited fibre with phone line and weekend calls included.

I was looking for the same deal for the 21.99 a month being quoted on here.

The first bloke I got through to was an arrogant so and so and would't budge from the price I was on.I phoned again and aked for the loyalty department and after asking his manager said he found the 21.99 deal so a 4 per month saving.

I have my son's and a rental property to haggle the same deal,one an evening will do.
    • Gavgooner
    • By Gavgooner 7th Aug 18, 8:05 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Gavgooner
    Had email from bt today phoned to cancel, best they offers was the same deal I am on now 26.99 fibre broadband. I said no & I am about to switch to sky 85 topcashback, 75 gift card, free router, 25 per month or 30 for fibre max. Will my sim only with bt stay the same cost?

Just looked at quico they are offering a 25 extra on top of 80 with sky! Media Bonus on the quidco website!!!55357;!!!56397;!!!55356;!!!57339;
    Last edited by Gavgooner; 07-08-2018 at 8:10 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

81Posts Today

2,003Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin