Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • spyhunter
    • By spyhunter 23rd Jun 18, 3:24 PM
    • 239Posts
    • 95Thanks
    spyhunter
    BT price increases September 2018
    • 23rd Jun 18, 3:24 PM
    BT price increases September 2018 23rd Jun 18 at 3:24 PM
    Just noticed on BT website. Another price increase from BT coming September.
    Looks like everything is going up.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com

Look out for emails and letters soon. Broadband going up £2.50
    Last edited by spyhunter; 23-06-2018 at 4:32 PM.
Page 11
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 12th Aug 18, 5:43 PM
    • 486 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    Al Ross
    I received emails on Thursday eve, TV Starter Pack, Superfast Fibre unlimited all due to start on the 10th August cost £21.99 per months,18 month contract.

I get an email from B.T today, saying I have a new bill, they are charging for B.T from the 15th August. My free B.T Sport was due to expire then, their system wants to start charging me from then, even though it is apparently free with BT TV Starter pack for 18 months.

I phone up again this afternoon to be told B.T Sport has not been added and he can only add it for 12 months. I say fair enough, but no email confirmation has arrived yet.
    • diesel dog
    • By diesel dog 13th Aug 18, 5:29 PM
    • 266 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    diesel dog
    Bit odd.

I called up today and they now say they can't do the deal they agreed to 3 days ago.

SF1 is 52.49 NOW while is 39.99.
    Last edited by diesel dog; 13-08-2018 at 6:10 PM. Reason: ,,
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 13th Aug 18, 6:17 PM
    • 486 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    Al Ross
    Hi Deanos,

It is all down to whom you get on the day. I managed to get all 3 accounts for £21.99, my son's one with free B.T TV/BT Sport included as well.

One of my calls to the loyalty department I was put through to a female, she told me the best she could do was match the deal I was on. £25.99. I told her my brother got the same deal for £21.99 a day earlier. She replied different deals for different days and different deals for different customers!

I phoned back 10 minutes later got through to a bloke in the Newcastle loyalty team. I got the £21.99 deal no problem!
    • diesel dog
    • By diesel dog 13th Aug 18, 6:22 PM
    • 266 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    diesel dog
    Is that for superfast 1?

I'm currently on sf2 and it would seem they don't like downgrading.

They say the superfast 1 I was offered on Saturday @ 23.99 would now be 52.49 - work that out
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 13th Aug 18, 6:56 PM
    • 486 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    Al Ross
    Superfast 1,80 Meg downspeed on all three accounts,got the free speed boost last year and had it ever since.
    • jacklunn
    • By jacklunn 13th Aug 18, 10:15 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jacklunn
    I called and cancelled.

My plan was to cancel BT and rejoin the next day (with cashback, gift card and cheaper base price) but the rep on the phone confused me, she was saying something about fees after 30 days if I dont switch to another provider? eh?

As if people arent allowed to just cancel BT and not go to another provider? i dont understand.

I was within the cancellation period of the email about the price hike so it wasnt about that. When asked if I was switching to another provider i said "I don't know yet"
    Last edited by jacklunn; 13-08-2018 at 10:17 PM.
    • hawkwind
    • By hawkwind 13th Aug 18, 10:40 PM
    • 218 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    hawkwind
    I called earlier this evening on the number a couple of pages back and got the £21.99 offer without too much trouble.
    BT have had really good customer service since I joined them in March last year.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 14th Aug 18, 8:34 AM
    • 11,399 Posts
    • 5,010 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    [QUOTE=jacklunn;74655864]I called and cancelled.

My plan was to cancel BT and rejoin the next day (with cashback, gift card and cheaper base price) but the rep on the phone confused me, she was saying something about fees after 30 days if I dont switch to another provider? eh?

Probably meant the reconnection fees .
    A new customer offer would be someone that has not been with BT for 12 months .
    • paparossco
    • By paparossco 14th Aug 18, 11:52 AM
    • 177 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    paparossco
    Like others I shopped around when my BT hike email came through. I got a good deal from Talktalk and placed an order online. Order was cancelled by them and I eventually found out that they couldnt port my existing number. A further two telephone orders had exactly the same result despite assurances that the order would go through with a new number. After hours on the phone I eventually raised a complaint escalated to the CEO team who called today. Apologies but no obvious action, their system only showed 2 cancellations despite me saying there were 3 hard credit searches on my credit file by them. A total waste of time, what was the point of having a complaints procedure if you dont do anything to change a broken system. The purpose of my complaint was to highlight to them there was an issue with their systems, confirmed by the fact they could only see 2 cancellations. Not interested, lesson learned, never again will I deal with this lot.
    Last edited by paparossco; 14-08-2018 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Apostrophy produced gobbledegook
    The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.
    Wayne Dyer
    • Simon7685
    • By Simon7685 14th Aug 18, 1:27 PM
    • 1,045 Posts
    • 440 Thanks
    Simon7685
    I rang on the number given on here for retention team and got through after a while on hold. I asked if they could offer me a better deal than the ones listed through their email. I was offered to keep my BB @ 28.99 for SF1 through the email but my sport was going up by 2.50 a month. He offered to reduce BB by 2.50 to offset the sport increase.

I said I wasn't happy with that and would look to cancel and move. He said he would look at it again and see if he could get me a better offer. I mentioned that a mate had got SF1 @ 21.99 with sport free for 12 months and asked if he would match that offer. He asked me to hold.

He came back and said he could do free sport if I upgraded from basic TV to another package, which I didn't want to do. So he said the very best deal he could do was reduce BB to 23.99 a month and freeze sport at 3.50 for 18 months with a new contract.

I have a free speed boost and also a free boost on the BT cloud which gives me 50MB download speed whereas the best I can get with other suppliers is 35MB because of where we are in relation to the exchange, so I needed to take that into account as well. So I accepted the offer and agreed to sign up for 18 months on both BB and TV.

Bottom line for me is if I had done nothing I would have been paying 32.49 for BB and 6.00 for sport = 38.49 a month. Now I get BB for 23.99 and sport frozen at 3.50 = 27.49 a month and get faster speeds than any of the other suppliers were offering me.

It may not be as good as some have got but I don't think it is too bad a deal for half an hour on the phone!
    • Dinosaur35
    • By Dinosaur35 14th Aug 18, 7:52 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dinosaur35
    Thought I would share my experience.

It can be real hit and miss and you may have to speak to multiple people to get the best deal. I spoke to the retention team after the announced price increase and at first they couldn't beat what I was paying already at £37.99 for 18 months on 50mb fibre unlimited with weekend calls. I then activated the 30 days notice as had every intention of moving to Sky, but was then offered £31.99 a month for the same package, so a £6 a month saving with BT sports free for 18 months.

Not as good a deal as some people have been offered, but I still had 10 months left on my contract so happy with a saving instead of a price increase.
    • aaronhughes45
    • By aaronhughes45 15th Aug 18, 8:15 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    aaronhughes45
    BT Price rise
    Hi, i am leaving BT as they couldn't give we a good offer last night, this morning i have an email saying i am going to be charged £68 for leaving.... is this correct i thought it was penalty free
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 15th Aug 18, 9:06 AM
    • 11,399 Posts
    • 5,010 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Hi, i am leaving BT as they couldn't give we a good offer last night, this morning i have an email saying i am going to be charged £68 for leaving.... is this correct i thought it was penalty free
    Originally posted by aaronhughes45

Charge for what ?? equipment /modem ?
    • Tope Con Hilo
    • By Tope Con Hilo 15th Aug 18, 9:46 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tope Con Hilo
    Yesterday was genuinely the first time I was made aware of these price increases. I spoke with somebody on their live chat yesterday enquiring about early cancellation as Virgin Media is now available in my area and they said the 30 days no fee cancellation period has now passed.

Does anybody think I can manage to cancel my contract early without penalties based on the fact that yesterday was the first time I knew about the price increase? They told me they sent an email but I have never received one, I received no letter via post either.
    • xssc32x
    • By xssc32x 15th Aug 18, 9:51 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    xssc32x
    Hi,
    Received letter today and am planning to call tomorrow. Could anybody advise am I best going through retention!!!8217;s or loyalty team. If the latter could some one confirm contact number. Also I am currently paying £43.99per month for landline, sf1 unlimited, Max tv and bt sport pack. How does this price compare to anyone else!!!8217;s current package as I am ideally looking to get this down past the £40per month.
    Any insight appreciated
    Cheers
    Si
    • deanos
    • By deanos 15th Aug 18, 9:56 PM
    • 10,860 Posts
    • 5,572 Thanks
    deanos
    Hi,
    Received letter today and am planning to call tomorrow. Could anybody advise am I best going through retention!!!8217;s or loyalty team. If the latter could some one confirm contact number. Also I am currently paying £43.99per month for landline, sf1 unlimited, Max tv and bt sport pack. How does this price compare to anyone else!!!8217;s current package as I am ideally looking to get this down past the £40per month.
    Any insight appreciated
    Cheers
    Si
    Originally posted by xssc32x
    they are both same, see number i posted above
    • ccdorset
    • By ccdorset 15th Aug 18, 11:13 PM
    • 107 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    ccdorset
    Hi,
    Any insight appreciated
    Cheers
    Si
    Originally posted by xssc32x
    I always phone 0800 800 030, select the option to cancel and that gets through to the Customer Options Team.

I think I would be aiming for around £37 for that (based on what others have got I would be expecting £21.99 Superfast Fibre 1 & Line Rental, £15 Max TV and Free BT Sport).

Good luck!
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 16th Aug 18, 8:45 AM
    • 11,399 Posts
    • 5,010 Thanks
    JJ Egan

Does anybody think I can manage to cancel my contract early without penalties based on the fact that yesterday was the first time I knew about the price increase? They told me they sent an email but I have never received one, I received no letter via post either.
    Originally posted by Tope Con Hilo

How had you set up your BT Notification ??
    Letter or Email ??
    Check that email address also your BT account.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 16th Aug 18, 8:47 AM
    • 5,744 Posts
    • 5,631 Thanks
    DoaM
    The deal I got back in June was:

£22.99 Infinity 1 & LR
    £ 5.00 TV Entertainment Plus (includes Eurosport)
    £ 3.50 BT Sports

£31.49 per month total. This was before the increase notification came out ... I contacted them about this and they credited my account with a total amount equivalent to the increases over the contract period; so the net impact is no price increase (even though they'll show on my bills).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • xssc32x
    • By xssc32x 16th Aug 18, 11:47 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    xssc32x
    Hi,
    Thanks for feedback just called and was offered £40.99 for 18 months. So drop of £3, was hoping for below £40 and still havenít confirmed and asked to put quote on file. Tried pushing for increase in speed at same price but they were pretty rigid.
    Will call again and see if another colleague can better.
    Cheers
    Si
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,412Posts Today

5,986Users online

Martin's Twitter