Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Allwite
    • By Allwite 21st Jun 18, 9:47 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Allwite
    UKPC / DRP Letters
    • 21st Jun 18, 9:47 AM
    UKPC / DRP Letters 21st Jun 18 at 9:47 AM
    Morning all,

Apologies in advance for this post as i know there are hundreds of these. I have read the Newbies section several times but still have a couple of questions. My scenario is below:

30/05/16 - I was issued a Parking Charge by UKPC - to which the ticket had the wrong car registration on it. Due to this, it was not my car on the ticket and so i therefor ignored the ticket.

29/06/16 - I received a Parking Charge (Notice to Keeper) this time showing the correct registration.This time i appealed via a letter to UKPC. As you can see this was not provided within the 14 day deadline and so is not Protection Of Freedom Act 2012 compliant.
Page 1
    • Allwite
    • By Allwite 21st Jun 18, 10:12 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Allwite
    • 21st Jun 18, 10:12 AM
    UKPC / DRP Letters
    • 21st Jun 18, 10:12 AM
    Morning all,

Apologies in advance for this post as I know there are hundreds of these threads. I have read the Newbies section several times but still have a couple of questions. My scenario is below:

30/05/16 - I was issued a Parking Charge by UKPC - to which the ticket had the wrong car registration on it. Due to this, it was not my car on the ticket and so I therefor ignored the ticket.

29/06/16 - I received a Parking Charge (Notice to Keeper) this time showing the correct registration. As you can see this was not provided within the 14 day deadline and so is not Protection Of Freedom Act 2012 compliant. I wrote UKPC a letter expressing my wish to appeal and for them to provide me with a POPLA code.

28/09/16 - I received another letter from UKPC saying that as they had not heard back from me, I was liable for the ticket. Wasn't sure what I was meant to have replied to as no correspondence was received during the above and receiving this letter.

07/11/16 - Received first letter from DRP saying I now owed 160.

15/11/16 - Having looked online I found a template letter which I then sent to DRP saying in short that I have no intentions of paying the fine, the charge has been disputed and any further contact from them to myself will result in a complaint to the CSA.

At the same time I also sent another letter to UKPC stating that I failed to understand why they had closed the appeal process when i wasnt able to provide any information. Also mentioned that they failed to issue the correct ticket and that is was non compliant with the BPA CoP and POFA 2012. Also mentioned in my letter that I had contacted DRP and told them to refer the matter back to UKPC and any further contact from DRP, I would personally hold UKPC responsible for harassment.

05/12/16 - Received a letter from DRP telling me that my time to challenge had expired and therefore access to the Independant Appeals Service was no longer available. This looked a very generic letter. I ignored.

23/01/17 - Received another letter from DRP )Intended Court Action) and should i not pay the ticket they will advise their client to take me to court. Again I ignored.

All went silent, I moved house and then yesterday I received another letter from DRP saying that i still owed them money.

Firstly i want to know if there is anything I need to do or just continue ignoring all letters?
    What are the chances of being taken to court?
    If i am taken to court what are the charges likely to be?
    If they do proceed to court will this count as a CCJ against my name?

Any help you can offer is much appreciated and many thanks in advance.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 21st Jun 18, 10:22 AM
    • 9,738 Posts
    • 12,791 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 21st Jun 18, 10:22 AM
    • 21st Jun 18, 10:22 AM
    Morning all,

Apologies in advance for this post as i know there are hundreds of these. I have read the Newbies section several times but still have a couple of questions. My scenario is below:

30/05/16 - I was issued a Parking Charge by UKPC - to which the ticket had the wrong car registration on it. Due to this, it was not my car on the ticket and so i therefor ignored the ticket.

29/06/16 - I received a Parking Charge (Notice to Keeper) this time showing the correct registration.This time i appealed via a letter to UKPC. As you can see this was not provided within the 14 day deadline and so is not Protection Of Freedom Act 2012 compliant.
    Originally posted by Allwite
    HAVE YOU READ THE NEWBIES THREAD .... PLEASE DO SO

Well it's now 2018 so assume your question is about DRP

Do read up about DRP

DRP ARE POWERLESS IDIOTS WHO YOU CAN IGNORE

Parking firms have been known to issue a ticket with
    the wrong reg number hoping you will call them so
    they get to know who the driver was.
    They had the correct number all the time

UKPC are known fakers and faudsters so just ignore
    the wild DRP bunch and if you get court papers from
    UKPC or their dodgy legal come back here

NO TALKING TO THE IDIOTIC DRP
    Last edited by beamerguy; 21-06-2018 at 10:26 AM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 21st Jun 18, 10:29 AM
    • 38,012 Posts
    • 22,109 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 21st Jun 18, 10:29 AM
    • 21st Jun 18, 10:29 AM
    1) see faq #4 for advice on debt collectors (You did NOT find any template letter here to send to a debt collector!)

2) see for yourself here http://www.parkingappeals.info/

3) Around 175

4) Only if you lose in court and don't pay it off in full within a month. Otherwise it would remain on the register for 6 years

Make sure that the PPC has your new address - otherwise you risk getting a CCJ against you without knowing about it
    Last edited by Quentin; 21-06-2018 at 10:32 AM.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 21st Jun 18, 10:56 AM
    • 9,738 Posts
    • 12,791 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 21st Jun 18, 10:56 AM
    • 21st Jun 18, 10:56 AM
    All as said above ...... DRP suffer huge attacks of
    verbal diarrhoea and they cannot take you to court.

We know they make things up as they go along so here
    is the REAL truth about CCJ's

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849106&highlight=ccj+myth

We don't know if UKPC will take you to court, the legals
    they use are not that smart anyway. You have to wait

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Allwite
    • By Allwite 21st Jun 18, 11:13 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Allwite
    • 21st Jun 18, 11:13 AM
    • 21st Jun 18, 11:13 AM
    Hi all,

Many thanks for the above. It really is much appreciated. So in short contact the PPC and update my address with them. I assume this is as simple as Ticket reference number - my new address is...... nothing more nothing less.

Otherwise just sit back and relax, ignore all letters from DRP and only worry if i get a court claim from UKPC and then come back here? But even if i do get a court claim, go to court, lose and pay within the time given by the judge, I cant be given a CCJ? And if i do go to court the maximum fine i could be given in 175ish?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 21st Jun 18, 11:16 AM
    • 9,738 Posts
    • 12,791 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 21st Jun 18, 11:16 AM
    • 21st Jun 18, 11:16 AM
    Hi all,

Many thanks for the above. It really is much appreciated. So in short contact the PPC and update my address with them. I assume this is as simple as Ticket reference number - my new address is...... nothing more nothing less.

Otherwise just sit back and relax, ignore all letters from DRP and only worry if i get a court claim from UKPC and then come back here? But even if i do get a court claim, go to court, lose and pay within the time given by the judge, I cant be given a CCJ? And if i do go to court the maximum fine i could be given in 175ish?
    YOU ADVISE UKPC AS THE KEEPER .... NOT DRIVER

All is correct but don't forget, if you win, you can ask the
    court for costs ... maybe up to 90

PS: It's not a fine and the county court do not fine you, its just
    win or lose

In the meantime read up about UKPC

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/search?q=ukpc
    Last edited by beamerguy; 21-06-2018 at 11:23 AM.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Allwite
    • By Allwite 21st Jun 18, 11:38 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Allwite
    • 21st Jun 18, 11:38 AM
    • 21st Jun 18, 11:38 AM
    Thank you - Seems a shame having to tell them my new address when they are currently banned from using the DVLA to obtain this information.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 21st Jun 18, 11:42 AM
    • 38,012 Posts
    • 22,109 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 21st Jun 18, 11:42 AM
    • 21st Jun 18, 11:42 AM
    You are telling them as explained to avoid the possibility of them getting a CCJ against you without you knowing about it!

There is no downside to you in doing so!!

(Who told you they are banned by DVLA?? Not so)
    • Allwite
    • By Allwite 21st Jun 18, 11:55 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Allwite
    OK cool ill notify them immediately of my change of address.

According to the link provided above by 'beamerguy' and also other multiple sources they are currently banned by the DVLA as of April 2018. Sorry I cant post links due to my status on this site.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 21st Jun 18, 11:59 AM
    • 20,745 Posts
    • 32,666 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    According to the link provided above by 'beamerguy' and also other multiple sources they are currently banned by the DVLA as of April 2018.
    Two months is a long time in the fast-moving world of private parking.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 21st Jun 18, 12:10 PM
    • 9,738 Posts
    • 12,791 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Thank you - Seems a shame having to tell them my new address when they are currently banned from using the DVLA to obtain this information.
    They were banned for the second time but not at the moment
    ....until the next time.

Hopefully the new private members bill will get this sorted
    and in the end we will see UKPC vanish

And the reason to tell them is that you don't get a CCJ
    by default to an old address

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 21st Jun 18, 12:12 PM
    • 9,738 Posts
    • 12,791 Thanks
    beamerguy
    OK cool ill notify them immediately of my change of address.

According to the link provided above by 'beamerguy' and also other multiple sources they are currently banned by the DVLA as of April 2018. Sorry I cant post links due to my status on this site.
    Yes that link is the parking prankster which has not
    been updated ....... the rest is more for your info

The ban by the way only affected obtaining details from the DVLA
    within the ban period.

They got your info ages ago and as such are off the DVLA scanner
    Last edited by beamerguy; 21-06-2018 at 12:18 PM.

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Allwite
    • By Allwite 10th Aug 18, 3:31 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Allwite
    Hi all.

Back again. Further to the above, I completely ignored all the letters from DRP. Today I have received a letter from a Zenith Collections - do I continue to ignore??

What are the next steps?

Many thanks.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Aug 18, 3:33 PM
    • 38,012 Posts
    • 22,109 Thanks
    Quentin
    There are no next steps regarding debt collectors.

#4 in the newbies faq thread advises on how to deal with debt collectors!

No need to post about debt collectors letters you get

Read this thread for more advice:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
    Last edited by Quentin; 10-08-2018 at 3:35 PM.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 10th Aug 18, 4:07 PM
    • 38,081 Posts
    • 85,419 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Hi all.

Back again. Further to the above, I completely ignored all the letters from DRP. Today I have received a letter from a Zenith Collections - do I continue to ignore??

What are the next steps?

Many thanks.
    Same company, different desk.

Post 4 of the NEWBIES still applies.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,476Posts Today

6,850Users online

Martin's Twitter