Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dragonpie
    • By Dragonpie 19th Jun 18, 5:13 PM
    • 75Posts
    • 94Thanks
    Dragonpie
    So what's next?
    • 19th Jun 18, 5:13 PM
    So what's next? 19th Jun 18 at 5:13 PM
    I have recently started to address my debt, it is definitely manageable at the minute but I have a lot of uncertainty regarding jobs at the minute and am due to be made redundant in September. I have figured out how I intend to proceed with repayments either way but feel like writing this diary will make me a bit better at sticking to my plan! Plus any advice that people can give will be appreciated
    Currently I have a loan with 38 payments left at 295.57, a Tesco CC which is rapidly nearing the end of my 0% offer with 2556.40 and 2 other CCs with BT offers ending in June 2019 with balances of 2356.69 and 3255.30. The plan is to pay off the Tesco CC, then attack the other 2 and finally overpay the loan when all CCs are done (then think about the mortgage!), this plan only works if I find a job however otherwise, I intend to still have paid off the Tesco card by September and then stretch my redundancy payment with minimum payments until I find work and can start repaying again.
    I have already started to address my overspending- food, particularly lunch at work, clothes and shoes seem to be my weaknesses so I am taking my lunch to work and have deleted my shopping apps from my phone.
Page 6
    • Dragonpie
    • By Dragonpie 10th Nov 18, 5:12 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 94 Thanks
    Dragonpie
    Well, 1st night out was last night, budgeted 30 and spent 50! I'll have to make sure I spend a maximum of 25 on the upcoming nights out but considering how terrible I have felt today (I'm not supposed to drink as I have anxiety and drinking always makes it worse), I definitely won't be drinking as much on the other nights out!
    17/06/18 - loan 11527.23, CC1 3682.79, CC2 2356.69, CC3 2128.70 - total 19695.41
    18/11/18 - loan 10,049.38, CC1 6,884.49, new CC2 2,112.89 - total 19,046.76
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

401Posts Today

5,064Users online

Martin's Twitter