Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 82
    • melb
    • By melb 21st Mar 18, 3:49 PM
    • 2,582 Posts
    • 958 Thanks
    melb
    just to annoy you
    • MrMoore
    • By MrMoore 10th Apr 18, 7:25 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MrMoore
    Out of contract with Sky read on.......
    Did you know that Sky can charge you 65 if you have a fault on your line when your contract rolls on after it has ended? They say it will be charged if Open Reach, (BT group) discover the fault is within your property. However they say you can avoid the charge by signing up to a new contract at the new higher rates. There is a 30 day cool off period but they don't say if the 65 charge would still have to be paid if you terminated within the 30 days. Also it's cheaper if you are a new customer who has never been with Sky before, so much for loyalty! Does anyone know if the service is any better for a business line and how much Sky charge for that?
    Last edited by MrMoore; 10-04-2018 at 7:27 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 10th Apr 18, 8:04 PM
    • 2,978 Posts
    • 18,828 Thanks
    mije1983
    65 is the standard charge for a fault that is found your side of the master socket. Why should someone else pay for a fault that is caused by you?

It isn't unique to Sky. In fact, if they are offering to waive the charge in exchange for a new contract then they are doing much more than other ISPs do and I'd be snapping them up on that offer if I knew the fault was on my side! If the fault is on your side, then consumer or business line the fault is still going to be there and need rectifiying. Unless you move to Virgin.

Cheaper deals for new customers is also not unique to Sky!
    Last edited by mije1983; 10-04-2018 at 8:06 PM.

• sroebuck
    • By sroebuck 13th Apr 18, 6:27 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    sroebuck
    Talktalk haggle
    My 18 month BB contract was just coming to an end (was 24.25/m including anytime calls and basic mobile sim which includes plenty of calls & texts + 500MB data, enough for me + a free PVR for the TV). I haggled and got them "down" to 25.50 for the same package. Asked about fibre as my BB is often v slow, despite being just outside London suburbs, and finally agreed 29.75/m with free router & setup. I'm happy with this as I don't have to change email addresses etc. & feel it reasonable. I don't use any paid-for TV items, just Youview.
    • afmfifgh
    • By afmfifgh 14th Apr 18, 3:43 AM
    • 253 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    afmfifgh
    Change your email address to a generic provider such as gmail or hotmail, never use the one provided by the ISP, they use it to try and stop you leaving as you become tied to using their email and it becomes a hurdle to leave them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

413Posts Today

4,354Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin