Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • elsmore95
    • By elsmore95 15th Jun 18, 7:17 PM
    • 32Posts
    • 9Thanks
    elsmore95
    County court Letter And help with defense
    • 15th Jun 18, 7:17 PM
    County court Letter And help with defense 15th Jun 18 at 7:17 PM
    I am looking for help firstly i have read the newbie forum and accepted the county court letter. My reasons for this forum is to explain my situation and seek advice on a defense.
    The situation is behind my house is a car park that nobody parks in. I parked there from months without any problems until my neighbour couple of doors up decided she wants all the spaces for her partner as he has 3 vehicles. So she put a sign up from CPM I originally thought was fake she then started to take photos of my car i thought nothing of it until I received a parking fine through the post. I then did some research and found that you can download a CPM take pictures and ticket people! So i keep receiving fine after fine and ignore them all from Gladstone solicitors and DPM. Because its not her land it technically belongs to three houses on the street behind mine as their is an old sign half broken which you can see says belongs to them houses however they don't bother parking there. Fast forward a year after many letters i finally get a county court letter which i then read the newbie forum and acknowledge it. The frustrating thing is i feel my case is very unique and i cant seem to find a defense draft online that would help me. Even more annoying is that its not her i will be seeing in court it will be some private parking company trying to take over 800 from me this situation has put a massive stress on me and would appreciate if anyone can help with a defense that will be strong enough. Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to read and reply.
Page 4
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 2nd Aug 18, 1:35 PM
    • 2,954 Posts
    • 4,978 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    For 800 I'd take a day off work
    If you want to win - avoid losing first. Here are a few examples
    1. Failing to Acknowledge or Defend https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5760415
    2. Template defences that say nothing https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5818671&page=5#86
    3. Forgetting about the Witness Statement
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 2nd Aug 18, 2:31 PM
    • 8,565 Posts
    • 8,428 Thanks
    KeithP
    Thanks for the reply IamEmanresu do you think i would be at a disadvantage if I agreed with it to be dealt with on papers obviously it would also save me the hassle of taking time out of work to go to court however how do the paper hearings work? Am i still able to give as much evidence as i would in a hearing against the claimants solicitor who probably won't know anything about the case as its robo claims procedure.
    Also i forgot to mention on the GS letter its says: 'our client has chosen not to mediate it's decision is not meant obstructive and is based purely on experience, as mediation has rarely proven beneficial in these types of cases. Not withstanding this, our Client would be happy o listen to any genuine payment proposals that you wish to put forward.'
    sounds like the have lost already to me? Should i elect to mediate has anyone had any experience of trying t mediate with a private parking company or is best to just see them in court.
    Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by elsmore95
    Are you no longer following the guidance offered in post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread?

In there you will find a link to Bargepole's walkthrough which explains exactly how each question on the DQ should be answered.
    • elsmore95
    • By elsmore95 4th Aug 18, 12:30 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    elsmore95
    Hi KiethP yes i am still following the newbies thread just have a few more questions. I have just completed the DQ from the guidance of bargepole. Do i need to send a copy to both the court and GS solicitors? If so i have the court address but not GS if anyone has an address or email i can scan the DQ over would be easier and much appreciated.
    Thanks.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Aug 18, 12:50 PM
    • 8,565 Posts
    • 8,428 Thanks
    KeithP
    These are easily found by putting gladstones email in the forum search facility:

litigation@gladstonessolicitors.co.uk
    administration@gladstonessolicitors.co.uk
    enquiries@gladstonessolicitors.co.uk

Most recently posted only yesterday.
    • elsmore95
    • By elsmore95 6th Aug 18, 5:59 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    elsmore95
    I tried all of them emails as suggested and i got a reply saying Your message couldn't be delivered because delivery to this group is restricted to authenticated senders. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.
    So how are you suppose to send GS a cop of the N180?
    Thanks in advance.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Aug 18, 6:03 PM
    • 18,840 Posts
    • 29,639 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    The 'enquiries' one worked the other day for a poster, although the other two didn't.

If it fails again tomorrow, send via post obtaining a free Certificate of Posting from your Post Office counter (not 'signed for' or 'special delivery').
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Aug 18, 6:06 PM
    • 8,565 Posts
    • 8,428 Thanks
    KeithP
    If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.
    Originally posted by elsmore95
    Could the problem be at your end?

Work computer? Work network? Work email?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,107Posts Today

8,886Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin