Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Megan F
    • By MSE Megan F 12th Jun 18, 1:44 PM
    • 370Posts
    • 177Thanks
    MSE Megan F
    MSE News: Private parking firms failed to fight more than 21,000 appeals
    • 12th Jun 18, 1:44 PM
    MSE News: Private parking firms failed to fight more than 21,000 appeals 12th Jun 18 at 1:44 PM
    Private parking firms failed to fight more than 21,000 appeals from drivers who argued they'd been wrongly given a ticket - an increase of 100% compared to the year before...
    Read the full story:
    'Private parking firms failed to fight more than 21,000 appeals'

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Page 2
    • gadgetmind
    • By gadgetmind 13th Jun 18, 9:52 PM
    • 10,869 Posts
    • 8,772 Thanks
    gadgetmind
    That's reassuring.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    I don't profess to be an expert but I beat PE at their own game.

TBH they came across as a clueless rabble quoting any old tripe whether relevant to current situation or not so GOK how they win cases. Maybe they have a B team for those that go to court but they clearly have D/E team on the case otherwise.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 13th Jun 18, 9:56 PM
    • 4,694 Posts
    • 6,077 Thanks
    waamo
    I make my own luck. My opening shot across the bows got them on the back foot, hence them admitting defeat without admitting defeat.

The supreme court judgment came after my tangle with PE and didn't actually have any bearing on my case as I was at the "random confetti" end of their mass legal action.
    Originally posted by gadgetmind
    It was back in the olden days then. To be fair that wasn't clear from the earlier post. It was a valid approach back then.

I wouldn't try it now though.
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jun 18, 11:09 AM
    • 63,872 Posts
    • 76,517 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Another victim today who used the dreadful ''guide'' instead of the forum:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5856642

Please can MSE Forum Team take this seriously?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 15th Jun 18, 12:51 PM
    • 37,746 Posts
    • 84,765 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Another victim today who used the dreadful ''guide'' instead of the forum:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5856642

Please can MSE Forum Team take this seriously?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I suspect we will get the same response we have had in the past from MSE.

They post as if they are announcing something new, don't understand what we are talking about, and decide to leave everything as it is because Martin has said it, and they don't know any better.

We all know the advice on the "official" MSE site is awful but don't seem to be able to get through to anybody. We tell them what's wrong, but I doesn't get changed.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jul 18, 10:31 PM
    • 63,872 Posts
    • 76,517 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Just want to say one of the very worst things is that MSE actually tells people to CONTACT a PPC scammer to give them your data, who are not in the BPA or DVLA and can't get your data:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets/#section-route2

2. The no-nonsense approach; tell 'em you won't pay

This is our suggested approach for most. Here you don't follow the route the parking company sets out; instead, you're simply going to treat the ticket like any other invoice, and write back to tell the firm politely but firmly you're not paying and why you think it's unfair.

If you're opting for this route, simply write to the company. Your letter should explain why you dispute the unfair charge, but also avoid giving them any details that could be used against you or the driver. Use the template letter below to help.
    I am sorry to say MSE Forum Team, that advice is utterly diabolical and inexcusable.

We could all scream about this but you take no notice. That 'advice' is dangerous to wealth, tells people to share their data with a scammer and needs taking down.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,488Posts Today

7,422Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's FRI Twitter poll: As everyone knows, you're a creative genius with an huge range of highly honed skills.? https://t.co/KV5FHAqK6v

• Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Follow Martin