Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • motinter
    • By motinter 12th Jun 18, 12:38 PM
    • 40Posts
    • 0Thanks
    motinter
    Ace Security Services Charge Notice
    • 12th Jun 18, 12:38 PM
    Ace Security Services Charge Notice 12th Jun 18 at 12:38 PM
    I received a CN from !!! today at my place of work.

My permit had dropped from my dashboard, so it was not in view (even though I park there regularly).

Are there any grounds for me to appeal?
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jun 18, 12:59 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,673 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Jun 18, 12:59 PM
    • 12th Jun 18, 12:59 PM
    Why the query about grounds to appeal, when the NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST thread back where you hit new thread, covers it? 2 clicks back...
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Jun 18, 1:05 PM
    • 10,246 Posts
    • 10,136 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 12th Jun 18, 1:05 PM
    • 12th Jun 18, 1:05 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • motinter
    • By motinter 30th Jul 18, 8:19 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    motinter
    • 30th Jul 18, 8:19 PM
    • 30th Jul 18, 8:19 PM
    Okay, so a follow up:

So, I messed up the dates on the PCN I received, and have since received the NTK.

Here's an overview of my situation:
    - I received a PCN from Ace Security Services (who are approved) for not displaying a permit on private land. I do have a permit, which I receive from the business owner who I rent space from.

- I am not the keeper of the car - a family member is.

- The NTK has been received.

- The NTK looks to be in accordance with POFA Paragraph 8.

From what I gather, the next step will be a letter from a solicitor.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime? I don't want my family member to be involved beyond the NTK.

Do I suck it up and pay the 100?

Here's the NTK. It does have date etc. but I've cut it out.

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 30th Jul 18, 8:32 PM
    • 37,525 Posts
    • 21,736 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 30th Jul 18, 8:32 PM
    • 30th Jul 18, 8:32 PM
    The keeper now appeals.

Direct the keeper to the newbies FAQ thread and the appeal process

Your post says you got the ntk??

Don't reveal who was driving!

The whole idea of this forum is to help you not pay.

Isn't that why you came here?
    • motinter
    • By motinter 6th Aug 18, 5:29 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    motinter
    • 6th Aug 18, 5:29 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 5:29 PM
    On what grounds can/should I or the RK appeal?

And, as per my the questions on my other thread here:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74614466#post74614466

- The Parking Charge Notice was affixed to the car
    - The NTK says "You are advised that if, after the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which this notice is given - the amount of the unpaid Charge Notice specified in this notice has not been paid in full, and we do not know both the name of the drive and current address for service for the driver, under paragraph 8(2)(f) of Schedule 4 of the POFA 2012 we have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that parking charge amount as remains unpaid."
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Aug 18, 5:32 PM
    • 9,894 Posts
    • 10,210 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 6th Aug 18, 5:32 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 5:32 PM
    On what grounds can/should I or the RK appeal?
    Originally posted by mattyashy
    Please re-read post #2 above.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Aug 18, 5:40 PM
    • 19,813 Posts
    • 31,289 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 6th Aug 18, 5:40 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 5:40 PM
    You can't appeal, only the registered keeper, unless they nominate you as the driver on the day.

The keeper should use the template in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1. You know that will be rejected, a further appeal to the IAS is not recommended.

Beyond that it's just a case of wait and see what (if any) action the PPC decides to take. The keeper needs to prepare themself for the long run as the PPC have 6 years to pursue through the courts.
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • motinter
    • By motinter 6th Aug 18, 5:47 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    motinter
    • 6th Aug 18, 5:47 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 5:47 PM
    Okay - I've just gone over the Newbie's FAQ.

So the RK simply sends in the template to Ace in the post (the NTK only has post as an option).

"If you consider there to be exceptional cicumstances as to why you should be allowed to appeal outside of this period please write to........All correspondance must include your name, serviceable postal address, the vehicle registration, notice reference number, together with any evidence which may support your position. If we reject the appeal you will be provided contact details of the IAS. Please be advised that if you choose to appeal with to the IAS and your appal is unsuccessful, you will lose the right to make payment at any reduced amount offered."
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 6th Aug 18, 5:59 PM
    • 19,813 Posts
    • 31,289 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    "If you consider there to be exceptional cicumstances as to why you should be allowed to appeal outside of this period please write to........All correspondance must include your name, serviceable postal address, the vehicle registration, notice reference number, together with any evidence which may support your position. If we reject the appeal you will be provided contact details of the IAS. Please be advised that if you choose to appeal with to the IAS and your appal is unsuccessful, you will lose the right to make payment at any reduced amount offered."
    Ignore all that guff, just send the template with the name and address of the RK included. Don't alter or add to it!

If posting get a free Certificate of Posting from your Post Office counter. (Not 'signed for' or 'special delivery').
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • motinter
    • By motinter 7th Aug 18, 3:33 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    motinter
    In regards to the following, can I attach a picture of the valid permit I own for parking in that area?

You can (carefully!) add a little to the template above, 'in order to resolve the dispute I attach copies of...':

- the driver's receipts/bank transactions (or Hospital Appointment/Hotel booking, etc.) that day as 'they' were a genuine customer/patient, etc.

- If an occupant of the car is disabled or elderly/infirm, then the keeper can add that, without implying who was driving. A copy of the Blue Badge (BB) is a good idea to upload/attach, but a person with a long-term debilitating condition (not a broken arm!) can be disabled without a BB, and will be legally entitled to a 'reasonable adjustment'. That can and should include an extension of time, over and above free or paid-for parking time.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Aug 18, 9:54 PM
    • 19,813 Posts
    • 31,289 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    You can do, but there's little chance the PPC will uphold your appeal as a result. Surprise me!
    • motinter
    • By motinter 8th Aug 18, 8:08 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    motinter
    You can do, but there's little chance the PPC will uphold your appeal as a result. Surprise me!
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Okay, so the template I send won't do anything and it'll go to the IAS
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Aug 18, 8:32 AM
    • 37,525 Posts
    • 21,736 Thanks
    Quentin
    Have you read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum

(Or even #8 above)

Appeals to IAS are futile! And a rejection from the IAS is to your disadvantage as explained in the FAQ
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Aug 18, 8:41 AM
    • 10,246 Posts
    • 10,136 Thanks
    The Deep
    I get the impression that you have not read the FAQs despite being advised several times to do so. This is very much a self help forum, we point you towards the answers, you read them.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • motinter
    • By motinter 9th Aug 18, 8:44 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    motinter
    Okay, I've read through the Newbie's.

As far as I can make out the NTK is in accordance with POFA.

I'll send the letter out today via post (I'll get a free statement of posting from the post office) and return to the forum when the next step kicks in.
    • motinter
    • By motinter 9th Aug 18, 12:53 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    motinter
    So after all that, I've taken the RK through the process from here and they do not want to carry on :/

They feel that it will go too far, that they are 'dishonest' for not revealing the driver as per the template and that they'd rather just that I pay up.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Aug 18, 2:13 PM
    • 37,525 Posts
    • 21,736 Thanks
    Quentin
    Did you not get the keeper to read up on this game here as advised in #5?

Or view the debate in parliament??

Why has the keeper come to think it's dishonest not to name the driver to this so called 'creditor'?
    • motinter
    • By motinter 10th Aug 18, 3:16 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    motinter
    Yep. I read it, showed him it - but being an older person he is spooked by these cowboys.

He won't listen to anything i have to say further on the matter
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 10th Aug 18, 3:21 PM
    • 3,722 Posts
    • 4,532 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Then you have no choice in the matter.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

411Posts Today

5,455Users online

Martin's Twitter