Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • karlie88
    • By karlie88 10th Jun 18, 9:51 AM
    • 8,647Posts
    • 107,314Thanks
    karlie88
    EXPIRED: Gatehouse Bank/Raisin UK offering 2% AER on 12 month fixed term accounts plus £50 bonus
    • 10th Jun 18, 9:51 AM
    EXPIRED: Gatehouse Bank/Raisin UK offering 2% AER on 12 month fixed term accounts plus £50 bonus 10th Jun 18 at 9:51 AM
    EXPIRED - A NEW TIERED BONUS OFFER IS AVAILABLE NOW. Please ignore the below and go to the Raisin UK website to see details about the new offer.

Signed up to this yesterday and thought it was a good deal.

Raisin UK is a marketplace for savings account. You have one set of log-in details but can apply for savings accounts from different providers (currently 3 available but looks like it'll expand to more).

They're also running a £50 bonus for any new customers who open and fund a savings account with them.

For me the top pick is:

Gatehouse Bank - 2% AER on their 1 Year Fixed Term Deposit (Raisin Issue). Minimum deposit of £1k.

They also have:

Shawbrook Bank - 1.65% AER on their 18 Month Fixed Term Deposit - Raisin Exclusive. Minimum deposit of £1k.

Both have FSCS protection.

I've gone for £1k in Gatehouse Bank @ 2% AER. This is currently the second best 1 year fixed term savings account (Atom currently offering 2.05%).

You need to email Raisin UK to claim the £50 bonus but it seems very simple to do.

£20 'interest'/profit for me and, most importantly, an extra £50. My way of thinking is 7% AER on £1k or 2% on £1k plus £50 for about 10 minutes work.

Hope the above helps.
    Last edited by karlie88; 03-08-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member
Page 6
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 13th Jul 18, 10:34 AM
    • 1,860 Posts
    • 4,561 Thanks
    Zanderman
    I know this thread's about Gatehouse's offer with Raisin, but I've applied for the ICICI product this morning. If I transferred funds today, will it sit in limbo over the weekend?
    Under additional information, it states:
    your funds will be remitted by MIM no later than the first business day after you have transferred the amount that you pledge to fund this deposit product
    Does this mean the first business day wil be Monday?
    Originally posted by No_Name
    Monday is the next business day - so yes, probably.
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 13th Jul 18, 11:52 AM
    • 1,011 Posts
    • 1,607 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    Thanks for the heads up on this.

Duly opened icici 1 year each, with £1000. £50 bonus makes this a very attractive deal. Effectively 6.95%

( assuming the bonus pays out....will send email next week)
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow "
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 13th Jul 18, 1:52 PM
    • 27,281 Posts
    • 16,316 Thanks
    xylophone
    My £50 arrived today so within 30 days rather than 60.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 13th Jul 18, 6:34 PM
    • 9,386 Posts
    • 8,324 Thanks
    colsten

Originally posted by Sea Shell
    quite a few of the early subscribers, me included, had their £50 by now.
    • WBCPB
    • By WBCPB 13th Jul 18, 7:06 PM
    • 327 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    WBCPB
    Thanks for the heads up on this.

Duly opened icici 1 year each, with £1000. £50 bonus makes this a very attractive deal. Effectively 6.95%

Originally posted by Sea Shell
    Where can i find details of the £50 bonus link please?
    Regards
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 13th Jul 18, 7:11 PM
    • 8,411 Posts
    • 9,519 Thanks
    eskbanker
    Where can i find details of the £50 bonus link please?
    Originally posted by WBCPB
    The opening post of this thread has all the info you need....
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 13th Jul 18, 7:20 PM
    • 12,509 Posts
    • 8,551 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    quite a few of the early subscribers, me included, had their £50 by now.
    Originally posted by colsten

Mine reached my account this afternoon. Not bad.
    • WBCPB
    • By WBCPB 13th Jul 18, 8:06 PM
    • 327 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    WBCPB
    The opening post of this thread has all the info you need....
    Originally posted by eskbanker
    Thanks for that,i had forgotten there was a choice of 3 accounts which included Icici.
    Regards
    • diy1950
    • By diy1950 17th Jul 18, 8:44 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    diy1950
    When you open the account with Raisin, is it instant or are you likely to have to wait a couple of days to see if you have been accepted?
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 17th Jul 18, 9:29 PM
    • 1,860 Posts
    • 4,561 Thanks
    Zanderman
    When you open the account with Raisin, is it instant or are you likely to have to wait a couple of days to see if you have been accepted?
    Originally posted by diy1950
    Opening an account with Raisin is, as far as can recall, instant. I can't see why you wouldn't accepted.

Paying in some money and waiting for them to transfer it to a bank savings account takes a couple of days though.
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 18th Jul 18, 6:27 AM
    • 1,011 Posts
    • 1,607 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    Well I've sent the necessary e-mails, so now we wait!!
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow "
    • Steve_xx
    • By Steve_xx 18th Jul 18, 10:24 AM
    • 6,618 Posts
    • 2,784 Thanks
    Steve_xx
    I did the same as you and transferred £1000 yesterday. I then sent off the "claim bonus" e-mail and received this acknowledgement almost immediately.

Thank you for your email, we have received your message and a support ticket with the "Launch Bonus" has been sent to our customer services team.

We reply to all tickets as soon as possible, within 24 to 48 hours. If we expect your ticket will take additional time, we will update you by sending you an email.

Ticket tracking ID.........

You will receive an email notification when our staff replies to your ticket.

Sincerely,

Raisin customer service team
    http://www.raisin.co.uk/

Today I received another e-mail

Dear....

We confirm the receipt of £1,000.00 which has been deposited into your Account.

So far, so good.....
    Originally posted by xylophone
    I think you need to wait until your chosen fixed term savings account has been funded before you send the email requesting the £50 bonus.

"To receive your bonus, you just need to send an email from the email address you registered with, containing the account holderís name(s) with "Launch bonus" as the subject to bonus@raisin.co.uk,
    within 30 days of you funding your first fixed term deposit "
    • No_Name
    • By No_Name 18th Jul 18, 11:46 AM
    • 105 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    No_Name
    The one thing I'm not in agreement with is the fact Raisin confirms on email the amount you're investing.

By the sound of it, most people are investing £1000.

If someone was to invest say 50k+, that will effectively let those snooping emails know you have that!
    • JohnR1978
    • By JohnR1978 25th Jul 18, 7:49 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JohnR1978
    I have read through all 6 pages of this thread and cannot see anywhere how long you have to leave the £1000 in the account to get the bonus?

Are you able to withdraw the initial £1000 when the £50 bonus comes through, or indeed at anytime after opening the account and sending the necessary emails?

Thanks

John.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 25th Jul 18, 7:56 AM
    • 1,860 Posts
    • 4,561 Thanks
    Zanderman
    I have read through all 6 pages of this thread and cannot see anywhere how long you have to leave the £1000 in the account to get the bonus?
    Are you able to withdraw the initial £1000 when the £50 bonus comes through, or indeed at anytime after opening the account and sending the necessary emails?
    Thanks
    John.
    Originally posted by JohnR1978
    No need to read all six pages. The title of the thread might help you?

Gatehouse Bank/Raisin UK offering 2% AER on 12 month fixed term accounts plus £50 bonus

These are 1 year fixed term accounts.
    • TuppenceHapenny
    • By TuppenceHapenny 25th Jul 18, 12:20 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    TuppenceHapenny
    It all sounds too good to be true.
    Originally posted by pearl123
    Turns out it IS too good to be true for some of us - they don't want me as a customer because my phone is confined to my house and doesn't follow me everywhere I go.
    Do they really need to contact customers anywhere, any time or is there some other reason why they don't want those without a mobile phone?
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 25th Jul 18, 12:47 PM
    • 1,860 Posts
    • 4,561 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Turns out it IS too good to be true for some of us - they don't want me as a customer because my phone is confined to my house and doesn't follow me everywhere I go.
    Do they really need to contact customers anywhere, any time or is there some other reason why they don't want those without a mobile phone?
    Originally posted by TuppenceHapenny
    Not sure what you're saying is the problem. They ask for a mobile number and you don't have one? Have you tried entering your landline instead?

(btw they've never, iirc, contacted me by phone at all, mobile or landline, so haven't used any number they have for me)
    • DennisTenus
    • By DennisTenus 25th Jul 18, 5:53 PM
    • 310 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    DennisTenus
    Was the £50 bonus paid into your nominated bank account rather than added to the account with your deposit?
    • derrick
    • By derrick 25th Jul 18, 5:57 PM
    • 7,124 Posts
    • 2,329 Thanks
    derrick
    Was the £50 bonus paid into your nominated bank account rather than added to the account with your deposit?
    Originally posted by DennisTenus

Yes into nominated account.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• djpix99
    • By djpix99 25th Jul 18, 5:57 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    djpix99
    Yes into your nominated bank account.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,292Posts Today

7,864Users online

Martin's Twitter