Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • karlie88
    • By karlie88 10th Jun 18, 8:51 AM
    • 8,837Posts
    • 108,244Thanks
    karlie88
    EXPIRED: Gatehouse Bank/Raisin UK offering 2% AER on 12 month fixed term accounts plus 50 bonus
    • 10th Jun 18, 8:51 AM
    EXPIRED: Gatehouse Bank/Raisin UK offering 2% AER on 12 month fixed term accounts plus 50 bonus 10th Jun 18 at 8:51 AM
    EXPIRED - A NEW TIERED BONUS OFFER IS AVAILABLE NOW. Please ignore the below and go to the Raisin UK website to see details about the new offer.

Signed up to this yesterday and thought it was a good deal.

Raisin UK is a marketplace for savings account. You have one set of log-in details but can apply for savings accounts from different providers (currently 3 available but looks like it'll expand to more).

They're also running a 50 bonus for any new customers who open and fund a savings account with them.

For me the top pick is:

Gatehouse Bank - 2% AER on their 1 Year Fixed Term Deposit (Raisin Issue). Minimum deposit of 1k.

They also have:

Shawbrook Bank - 1.65% AER on their 18 Month Fixed Term Deposit - Raisin Exclusive. Minimum deposit of 1k.

Both have FSCS protection.

I've gone for 1k in Gatehouse Bank @ 2% AER. This is currently the second best 1 year fixed term savings account (Atom currently offering 2.05%).

You need to email Raisin UK to claim the 50 bonus but it seems very simple to do.

20 'interest'/profit for me and, most importantly, an extra 50. My way of thinking is 7% AER on 1k or 2% on 1k plus 50 for about 10 minutes work.

Hope the above helps.
    Last edited by karlie88; 03-08-2018 at 9:56 AM.
    Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member
Page 12
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 30th Nov 18, 1:08 PM
    • 1,689 Posts
    • 1,344 Thanks
    bxboards
    My withdrawal from Raisin made earlier today is in my current account now.
    • Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 1st Dec 18, 7:55 PM
    • 998 Posts
    • 669 Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    Thanks for the heads up, I checked two days ago and 10 credited to my raisin account from where I immediately set up to transfer the 10 to my nominated current account.

Two days later and it is still showing as "awaiting transfer".

Are they slow or is this standard? Thought it would be a FP but perhaps there's some admin involved or its stuck! Have emailed them now about the hold up.
    Originally posted by Yorkshire Pud
    Three days later still not received in my current account. No reply to email yesterday. No weekend service.

Not inclined to invest any further funds through their platform if they offer a patchy service. Works for some not for others.
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 2nd Dec 18, 6:37 AM
    • 2,575 Posts
    • 4,638 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    Three days later still not received in my current account. No reply to email yesterday. No weekend service.

Not inclined to invest any further funds through their platform if they offer a patchy service. Works for some not for others.
    Originally posted by Yorkshire Pud
    Mine's still not arrived either!!! Hopefully it'll turn up Monday. It seems to have the correct account information, if you click on the more info against the transaction (on Raisin).

Out of interest i wonder if it's because of different banking groups procedures. My linked account is with Lloyds, what's yours. And those who had instant credit, who is yours with?
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow " JOB DONE!!
    This should now read "It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts"!!!
    • masonic
    • By masonic 2nd Dec 18, 7:09 AM
    • 12,335 Posts
    • 9,941 Thanks
    masonic
    Out of interest i wonder if it's because of different banking groups procedures. My linked account is with Lloyds, what's yours. And those who had instant credit, who is yours with?
    Originally posted by Sea Shell
    Mine was received into my First Direct account within 24 hours of making the request on a weekday evening.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 2nd Dec 18, 7:36 AM
    • 2,816 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    None here either.

Messaged them on Wednesday to ensure my linked account was correct and they stated in could take up to two working days.

It's taken three at least now - mine is a Nationwide.
    • andi2
    • By andi2 2nd Dec 18, 9:17 AM
    • 697 Posts
    • 816 Thanks
    andi2
    Mine's Santander & was immediate (both mine & hubby's). That was on a weekday though.
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
    • Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 2nd Dec 18, 11:17 AM
    • 998 Posts
    • 669 Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    Mine's Santander & was immediate (both mine & hubby's). That was on a weekday though.
    Originally posted by andi2
    Mines Santander and still no funds received since Wednesday request, raisin account debited but not sent.
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 2nd Dec 18, 12:07 PM
    • 2,575 Posts
    • 4,638 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    Well, I'm non the wiser now!!
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow " JOB DONE!!
    • karlie88
    • By karlie88 2nd Dec 18, 3:35 PM
    • 8,837 Posts
    • 108,244 Thanks
    karlie88
    Nothing here yet either. Transferred 10 out on 27th November. Will give it 2 weeks.
    Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 3rd Dec 18, 3:08 PM
    • 2,575 Posts
    • 4,638 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    Finally, 10 has just now hit Lloyd's account!!

Wasn't there when I checked at 2pm.
    • veryintrigued
    • By veryintrigued 3rd Dec 18, 4:15 PM
    • 2,816 Posts
    • 2,390 Thanks
    veryintrigued
    Finally, 10 has just now hit Lloyd's account!!

Wasn't there when I checked at 2pm.
    Originally posted by Sea Shell
    Ditto into NW
    • Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 3rd Dec 18, 7:14 PM
    • 998 Posts
    • 669 Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    Ditto into NW
    Originally posted by veryintrigued
    Ditto into Santander. A five day faster payment
    • Westie983
    • By Westie983 4th Dec 18, 12:39 PM
    • 4,773 Posts
    • 15,388 Thanks
    Westie983
    Thanks for this heads up, I have logged into my account and seen the 10 bonus, and I have instructed it to be sent to my nominated account.

I expected it to go to my nominated account like the 50 did, but no issues its on its way now. A nice 60 bonus is not to be sniffed at.

Westie983
    Save 12k in 2019 #42 Total (16000)+2000/12000 = 16.66%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 12 #97 Total (450)+55/500 = 11.00%
    Xmas 2019 1 a Day #20 Total (165)+133.00/365 = 36.43%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (1300)+500/1000 = 50.00%
    2 Savers Club 2018 #16 Total (1030)+700/2000 = 35.00%

Total 3388.00/15865 = 21.35%
    I'm a Board Guide on Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Debt-Free Wannabe, Disability Money Matters, and Savings & Investments. I'm a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly, but I'm not a moderator, and do not read all posts. If you see an inappropriate/illegal post then email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Craig Skilling
    • By Craig Skilling 6th Dec 18, 7:17 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Craig Skilling
    I find it completely hilarious at the amount of people in here grumbling over the transfer of 10 that you didn't even have to actually do anything for!
    Last edited by Craig Skilling; 06-12-2018 at 10:54 AM. Reason: did not like the wording
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 14th Jun 19, 7:29 AM
    • 1,689 Posts
    • 1,344 Thanks
    bxboards
    This should be maturing for a few of us today I believe.

Maturity date for me is 14/06/2019, although it still shows as invested in Gatehouse @ 2% as of 8:30am at the time of this post.
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 14th Jun 19, 7:59 AM
    • 13,306 Posts
    • 9,167 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    This should be maturing for a few of us today I believe.

Maturity date for me is 14/06/2019, although it still shows as invested in Gatehouse @ 2% as of 8:30am at the time of this post.
    Originally posted by bxboards

Were you able to log in this morning? Today is also my maturity date, and it kept telling me that my log-in details were wrong: I suspect that this is a technical problem.
    • bxboards
    • By bxboards 14th Jun 19, 8:03 AM
    • 1,689 Posts
    • 1,344 Thanks
    bxboards
    Were you able to log in this morning? Today is also my maturity date, and it kept telling me that my log-in details were wrong: I suspect that this is a technical problem.
    Originally posted by Voyager2002

Yes, I could log in fine this morning. I checked again after your post, and it's still OK. You are not missing much, as Gatehouse hasn't matured as yet.
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 14th Jun 19, 9:36 AM
    • 2,386 Posts
    • 5,278 Thanks
    Zanderman
    If you are still on their old login system you can't use their current website - try https://account.raisin.co.uk/ instead.

It's a fairly underwhelming site still - and I can't find details of my nominated account on it, which is annoying, though I know what it should be.

The email I had from them a week ago said:

Good news; in a week, your Gatehouse Bank fixed term deposit savings account will reach maturity. When your savings account matures, your original deposit and any interest or profit that you've accrued will transfer to your nominated bank or building society account within four days of your account maturing. [so don't expect anything today!]

You can log into your customer portal to view this savings account, as well as any other savings accounts that have yet to mature:

Please be aware that you won't be able to apply for new savings accounts from our marketplace through your current customer portal, but you can with a new Raisin UK Account. You can register for a new Raisin UK Account by ..... [edited out the faff].......... visiting [https://www.raisin.co.uk/].
    Last edited by Zanderman; 14-06-2019 at 9:52 AM. Reason: added emphasis for the 4 day payment
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 14th Jun 19, 1:14 PM
    • 7,876 Posts
    • 9,888 Thanks
    bristolleedsfan

Best to send them a email or phone, they sent me a temporary password by post

Please contact our Customer Services Team if you need any help: service@raisin.co.uk 0161 601 0000 Mon to Fri (excl Bank Holidays), 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (GMT)
    • Zanderman
    • By Zanderman 14th Jun 19, 1:41 PM
    • 2,386 Posts
    • 5,278 Thanks
    Zanderman
    Best to send them a email or phone, they sent me a temporary password by post...
    Originally posted by bristolleedsfan
    Or try, as I suggested above, logging into the old site. Anyone who didn't transfer to their new Starling-based system will still be on the old site, the current site will not recognise them - with or without a new password.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,842Posts Today

8,502Users online

Martin's Twitter