Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • donfruitella
    • By donfruitella 25th May 18, 11:06 AM
    • 22Posts
    • 9Thanks
    donfruitella
    Parking Fine - UKCPS - Sheffield
    • 25th May 18, 11:06 AM
    Parking Fine - UKCPS - Sheffield 25th May 18 at 11:06 AM
    Hi all, I'm hoping you can help me once again!

So on 14/-5/2018, I received a parking charge from UKCPS.

The car in question was parked outside my music studio, for which I have a permit. Or at least I thought it was - it turns out whoever parked it that day parked it in a space right next to the studio door, but technically on a different building's land.

I wasn't aware that this wasn't part of my studio building, but it's still next to the studio door (I know that doesn't matter). I had a chance to speak to the person who actually reported and took photos of the car, and he said he was going to let the other parking guy know to let me know, but had to take the picture anyway and that I should appeal, as it was parked 'Just the other side of a sign'.

Also worth noting, is that the charge has listed 'name and address of site: Snow Lane' - when in fact it was not parked on snow lane, it was parked on the street called Smithfield.

They're asking for 100, or 60 if done sooner.

I've appealed before and won against smart parking, using the newbie template - this got them to cancel their charge. I appreciate that it might be different this time, so any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated! And of course I'm now aware of what constitutes the parking spaces to my studio building.

Thank you all very much!
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 25th May 18, 11:19 AM
    • 20,523 Posts
    • 32,440 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 25th May 18, 11:19 AM
    • 25th May 18, 11:19 AM
    I've appealed before and won against smart parking, using the newbie template - this got them to cancel their charge. I appreciate that it might be different this time
    It will be very different this time. Hardly anyone, with forum help, ever loses an appeal to Smart Parking; hardly anyone, even with forum help, wins an appeal with an IPC operator.

Still, you send in the template initial appeal from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 to show you've engaged with the process of trying to resolve this, then ignore anything else that comes your way short of a LBC or MCOL (see NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #5 for acronyms).

UKCPS have 6 years to press court proceedings.

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/UKCPS.html

They are mildly litigious, but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over them, they've got other problems to deal with presently:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5837122
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • donfruitella
    • By donfruitella 25th May 18, 11:50 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    donfruitella
    • 25th May 18, 11:50 AM
    • 25th May 18, 11:50 AM
    Ok - so you think it!!!8217;s best to send in the appeal using the sticky #1.

I shouldn!!!8217;t mention that it was parked right next to the sign (my car park sign) but just the other side of it?
    Or that the letter in question has the wrong street name on it?

Thanks for your help
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 25th May 18, 2:11 PM
    • 11,225 Posts
    • 11,790 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 25th May 18, 2:11 PM
    • 25th May 18, 2:11 PM
    Just send the blue text appeal as it is, unchanged.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th May 18, 1:14 AM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,458 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 27th May 18, 1:14 AM
    • 27th May 18, 1:14 AM
    Stop trying to add things to the template that is ''one size fits all''. All IPC cases are the same, all rejected. At least the template appeal is designed to STOP people writing something that implies who was driving by saying 'me, my, myself or I'.

Then once rejected, ignore them but same SAR advice as here; we can't type this every time:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5847774

HTH
    • donfruitella
    • By donfruitella 29th May 18, 1:10 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    donfruitella
    • 29th May 18, 1:10 PM
    • 29th May 18, 1:10 PM
    Ok, got it, cheers
    • donfruitella
    • By donfruitella 29th May 18, 2:49 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    donfruitella
    • 29th May 18, 2:49 PM
    • 29th May 18, 2:49 PM
    Appeal sent with just the blue text one-size newbies appeal copied, nothing changed or added.

Will do SAR when it's rejected. Worth noting as well (as said before) the wrong street name was on the letter, and is also there (with wrong postcode) on the website (leads to nearby street). Don't know if that could help.

Cheers
    • donfruitella
    • By donfruitella 19th Jun 18, 12:47 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    donfruitella
    • 19th Jun 18, 12:47 PM
    • 19th Jun 18, 12:47 PM
    Ok, I have my rejection letter emailed to me now (pretty standard looking thing, sure you've all seen them before).

Now what's best course of action? How do I tie them up with an SAR exactly? (I've looked through the newbie forum but can't quite see what exactly it is I'm meant to do to achieve this - do I just email them saying something along the lines of 'I request an SAR on all of my data / correspondence with you?)

Appreciate the help and advice as always
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Jun 18, 1:28 PM
    • 64,896 Posts
    • 77,458 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Jun 18, 1:28 PM
    • 19th Jun 18, 1:28 PM
    Seriously? Even though I said:

Then once rejected, ignore them but same SAR advice as here; we can't type this every time:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5847774

HTH
    • donfruitella
    • By donfruitella 9th Aug 18, 11:30 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    donfruitella
    Hi, another quick post.

Got my DRP letter (which I am going to ignore as is advised everywhere on here).

Only thing I want to ask about is that I emailed UKCPS' data protection officer (over a month ago now) requesting an SAR, and they never replied to me. Should they have?

I take it I'm just ignoring everything that comes my way from now on?

Cheers
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Aug 18, 11:38 AM
    • 20,523 Posts
    • 32,440 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    They are required by law to respond to a SAR. Non-response should be reported to the ICO, but they often come back asking that you give the operator the opportunity of a little more time.

So I'd send UKCPS a sharp reminder giving them a further 14 days (put the date of your deadline in the reminder) and warn them that should they fail to respond, or respond with anything less than a full reply to your original SAR, you will be reporting their failure to the ICO.

Keep copies of all your correspondence with them re this SAR, as you will need to copy that to the ICO in the event of a complaint there.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • donfruitella
    • By donfruitella 9th Aug 18, 11:59 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    donfruitella
    OK brilliant, I'll do this now. It was the 4th of July that I sent the original request (via email), so they've had plenty of time.

In this I wrote 'I would like to request a full SAR, in conjunction with new GDPR guidelines. Please may this include all data that your company may hold about me.'

Is this ok or do I need to be phrasing it a different way etc?
    I feel as if that should be all I need to put to get them to send me one.

Thanks again for the help
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Aug 18, 12:38 PM
    • 20,523 Posts
    • 32,440 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    In this I wrote 'I would like to request a full SAR, in conjunction with new GDPR guidelines. Please may this include all data that your company may hold about me.'

Is this ok or do I need to be phrasing it a different way etc?
    I feel as if that should be all I need to put to get them to send me one.
    Oh dear - it should be much more pointed, assertive and specific. If they responded 'We hold details of your Name, Address and Vehicle Registration Mark' that just about complies with your request.

Please read this thread, as well as do Google searches on how to formulate a SAR, then have another go. I'd write your original off if that's how it was written.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849784
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 9th Aug 18, 12:44 PM
    • 4,114 Posts
    • 4,987 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    SAR means Subject Access Request
    You dont request a request...
    • donfruitella
    • By donfruitella 9th Aug 18, 12:54 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    donfruitella
    Ok, how about the template on the thread you've linked? Adding in the non-consent to store / process the V5 form.

Either way, I didn't receive any response from them whatsoever. This new one will count as a new SAR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Aug 18, 2:00 PM
    • 20,523 Posts
    • 32,440 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Ok, how about the template on the thread you've linked? Adding in the non-consent to store / process the V5 form.

Either way, I didn't receive any response from them whatsoever. This new one will count as a new SAR
    Originally posted by donfruitella
    It seems to be more comprehensive than that which you sent originally. There's no tried, tested and trusted formulaic precision document, but you need to make sure that everything you require is listed, not ambiguously constructed and doesn't leave them any room for manoeuvre.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

741Posts Today

4,816Users online

Martin's Twitter