Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • happyface182
    • By happyface182 23rd May 18, 12:10 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 17Thanks
    happyface182
    Lost IAS - Own Space, CPM not in my Lease
    • 23rd May 18, 12:10 PM
    Lost IAS - Own Space, CPM not in my Lease 23rd May 18 at 12:10 PM
    Hello all

I am new, here but have been lurking these pages for a while. Sadly I didn't visit till after I'd already set the ball rolling with IAS.
    I've read the newbie page and understand that having lost the IAS (due to not uploading my lease evidence) I'm basically back to square one and should potentially expect debt collector letters.

Some background on the PCN: I've lived in my apartment for just under 2 years, and never had an issue with parking despite parking all sorts of vehicles in the space that I'm contractually obliged to in my lease agreement. A visitor came to see me a couple of months back (ironically when the communal underground garage car park door was stuck open) and received a PCN for not displaying a permit. I said I parked it in the space (which I technically did) so that I could fight it for her.

I first appealed stating I've never had any issues, etc, I didn't know of UK CPM or what they were doing there, or that I was supposed to display a permit. I never received any permits when gaining access to my property, nor did the estate agent inform me of them. They do have signs however, but I've never bothered reading them as I assumed they're for tenants who rent their apartments whereas I lease mine. I failed to see how any regulations other than in my lease agreement would apply to me when I technically have 'my own space'.

I have checked my lease over and over and there is no mention of UK CPM or permit displaying.

This appeal failed at which point I went to the IAS stating all of the above, It came back this morning as appeal dismissed on the grounds that I didn't supply evidence of my lease.
    There are a few reasons for this, the first and most obvious being that my lease is over 2" thick and I'm sure if I only uploaded partial pages etc, they would argue it was 'incomplete'. Also, my lease is quite sensitive data and I'm not sure why I should have to upload it to them in order to defend my own space etc.

Might anyone be able to advise what I should expect next? next steps etc.?
    Am I right in thinking wait for the court case?

There is no way I'm paying these cowboys for parking in my own space when I was never supplied a permit, and already have abided by all my contractual obligations set out by my leaseholder.
    If anything I believe I should be compensated by UK CPM for having to spend so much time and stress defending my own space.

Furthermore, isn't trying to 'piggy-back' another contract on to someone's existing lease contract a crime in itself? it should be

Any help / advice will be much appreciated
    Best Regards
Page 4
    • happyface182
    • By happyface182 15th Apr 19, 1:12 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    happyface182
    Got my reply from the DPO at UK CPM with all my data etc.

It says within the email that they can confirm they got my information from the DVLA as the registered keeper.

I am not, and have never claimed to be the registered keeper.

This could go in my favour right? they have not done their homework here
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 15th Apr 19, 3:10 PM
    • 6,727 Posts
    • 6,652 Thanks
    DoaM
    I am not, and have never claimed to be the registered keeper.
    Originally posted by happyface182
    Well they've shot themselves in the foot right there ... it was your friend's car therefore they could never have got your details from the DVLA. So what else have they misinterpreted and got wrong? How can their evidence be relied on if they have got a very simple matter of fact wrong?

PS - were you insured to be driving your friend's car to park it?
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • happyface182
    • By happyface182 16th Apr 19, 7:51 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    happyface182

PS - were you insured to be driving your friend's car to park it?
    Originally posted by DoaM

Not exactly, but I didn't drive it on a public road, I we switched seats in the car park, as she was unconfident doing the bay park

Should be ok?
    • Mark2spark
    • By Mark2spark 16th Apr 19, 7:54 AM
    • 2,206 Posts
    • 774 Thanks
    Mark2spark
    Insurance or not, it is of no concern to the alleged parking offence.
    That is a Police matter.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 16th Apr 19, 8:02 AM
    • 38,619 Posts
    • 22,563 Thanks
    Quentin
    Not exactly, but I didn't drive it on a public road, I we switched seats in the car park, as she was unconfident doing the bay park

Should be ok?
    Originally posted by happyface182
    Wouldn't be had you been involved in any accident in the car park!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

29Posts Today

1,833Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin