Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • happyface182
    • By happyface182 23rd May 18, 1:10 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 10Thanks
    happyface182
    Lost IAS - Own Space, CPM not in my Lease
    • 23rd May 18, 1:10 PM
    Lost IAS - Own Space, CPM not in my Lease 23rd May 18 at 1:10 PM
    Hello all

I am new, here but have been lurking these pages for a while. Sadly I didn't visit till after I'd already set the ball rolling with IAS.
    I've read the newbie page and understand that having lost the IAS (due to not uploading my lease evidence) I'm basically back to square one and should potentially expect debt collector letters.

Some background on the PCN: I've lived in my apartment for just under 2 years, and never had an issue with parking despite parking all sorts of vehicles in the space that I'm contractually obliged to in my lease agreement. A visitor came to see me a couple of months back (ironically when the communal underground garage car park door was stuck open) and received a PCN for not displaying a permit. I said I parked it in the space (which I technically did) so that I could fight it for her.

I first appealed stating I've never had any issues, etc, I didn't know of UK CPM or what they were doing there, or that I was supposed to display a permit. I never received any permits when gaining access to my property, nor did the estate agent inform me of them. They do have signs however, but I've never bothered reading them as I assumed they're for tenants who rent their apartments whereas I lease mine. I failed to see how any regulations other than in my lease agreement would apply to me when I technically have 'my own space'.

I have checked my lease over and over and there is no mention of UK CPM or permit displaying.

This appeal failed at which point I went to the IAS stating all of the above, It came back this morning as appeal dismissed on the grounds that I didn't supply evidence of my lease.
    There are a few reasons for this, the first and most obvious being that my lease is over 2" thick and I'm sure if I only uploaded partial pages etc, they would argue it was 'incomplete'. Also, my lease is quite sensitive data and I'm not sure why I should have to upload it to them in order to defend my own space etc.

Might anyone be able to advise what I should expect next? next steps etc.?
    Am I right in thinking wait for the court case?

There is no way I'm paying these cowboys for parking in my own space when I was never supplied a permit, and already have abided by all my contractual obligations set out by my leaseholder.
    If anything I believe I should be compensated by UK CPM for having to spend so much time and stress defending my own space.

Furthermore, isn't trying to 'piggy-back' another contract on to someone's existing lease contract a crime in itself? it should be

Any help / advice will be much appreciated
    Best Regards
Page 2
    • happyface182
    • By happyface182 7th Jun 18, 3:13 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    happyface182
    Just as an update, I've received my first letter since having the IAS appeal dismissed. The letter was direct from CPM themselves, and all it states is that the value of the PCN will increase from 100 - 149 if not paid within 14 days (or 28, can't quite remember).

I am ignoring all communications until being summoned to court etc. I just have a question regarding the potential data misuse counter claim.
    Is this against the MA or CPM or Both? The way I see it, they have both taken part in the misuse of my data.

I still haven't heard back from the MA regarding my request to have them cancel the PCN and remove my space from CPM's cowboy patrol. I've chased it multiple times and have a record of me chasing it. They genuinely are this useless.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 7th Jun 18, 5:10 PM
    • 10,002 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    The Deep
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • happyface182
    • By happyface182 10th Jun 18, 2:06 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    happyface182
    Hello R*******

I've been advised to make you aware of a situation I'm currently defending regarding UK CPM, a private car parking company who are harassing me at my Flat in The Compass Southampton.

They have also left evidence of trespass in the form of a PCN left on a visitors car in my designated parking bay, which I have rights over as part of my leasehold.

My lease agreement makes no reference to displaying a permit, UK CPM, or the fact that a private parking company could potentially be brought in to manage the parking in my area. My designated bay is clearly marked out on the lease, and Clarion Housing claim that I have the right to 'peaceful enjoyment of my property'.

Back in March, a visitor of mine was ticketed with PCN left on her windshield for not displaying a valid permit. I've lived here for two years and have never had any other harassment from UK CPM, despite parking various vehicles in the bay throughout the duration. I was never issued any permits upon moving here and was not informed of any parking management company by the estate agent.

To note, on this occasion the garage door was stuck in the open position allowing anyone to access the underground communal car park.

I initially appealed the PCN explaining all of the above (except the part about me lease), to which they insisted it was still valid and demanded payment. I then appealed to the so-called IAS (independent Appeals Service) after having done some research, and this time included the part about my lease. The IAS were quick to dismiss the appeal on the grounds that I did not upload my lease agreement. Something I'm not prepared to do, due to privacy reasons. Furthermore, my lease agreement is approximately 2" thick and would take hours to scan / upload.

On many occasions, I've also asked who is negatively or financially impacted by my visitor using MY SPACE, to which no direct or substantial answer has ever been provided.

I've since learned that the IAS are known as a 'kangaroo court' as they're firmly in the pockets and most often side with the private parking companies. This has also now been escalated to my Housing Association (Clarion Housing), demanding they get the PCN cancelled with UK CPM and also that they exclude my space from their cowboy scheme. This was two weeks ago and I've chased and chased but can't get a response.
    For the record, many cars were ticketed on the same night, to which I can only assume the poor residents have paid in response to the aggressive techniques used in wording etc. on the PCN.

I've also since learned that between UK CPM and Clarion Housing (formerly Affinity Sutton) that due to the breach of the lease agreement in place between us, my data has been misused, a direct breach of the data protection act (something quite prevalent at this time).

Having had the appeal dismissed by the kangaroo court, I'm now receiving increasingly aggressive demand notices from UK CPM stating that the value will increase if not paid in a certain amount of time etc. I will be ignoring all communications until necessary (such as court summons) at which point I intend to counter-claim / counter-sue for data misuse.

You may be aware of the bill which has already been proposed to rid us, the honest, hard working residents, of these cowboys and their aggressive, bullying, money making, illegal schemes, via this hearing which took place earlier this year
    h_t_t_p://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41____
    (link edited to work around new user permissions)

I hope this find you well

Best Regards
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jun 18, 6:16 PM
    • 61,589 Posts
    • 74,490 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Who was that sent to, MP or MA?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• happyface182
    • By happyface182 11th Jun 18, 8:08 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    happyface182
    To my local MP
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Jun 18, 12:16 AM
    • 61,589 Posts
    • 74,490 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Did you see this recent win v UKCPM on pepipoo at a hearing? Well worth reading:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=113569

...before the solicitor could apologise enough about the delay due to the other case the DJ ripped her a new one to put it bluntly.

It almost seemed as though I was just sat in the periphery, sipping my water, as the constant barrage of faults found in their claim was picked out and highlighted within a 10 minute period by the DJ. I almost felt too relaxed and comforted by what had unfolded.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• happyface182
    • By happyface182 1st Aug 18, 12:36 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    happyface182
    Just to keep everyone posted, it has been well over 28 days since I received a letter saying the fine will increase to 150 and heard nothing.
    Perhaps it was getting the MP involved and keeping on the MA, I don't really know.
    I am keeping everything just in case, and will not response to anything but genuine court proceedings etc.
    Thanks again everyone
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 1st Aug 18, 12:43 PM
    • 8,451 Posts
    • 11,124 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Just to keep everyone posted, it has been well over 28 days since I received a letter saying the fine will increase to 150 and heard nothing.
    Perhaps it was getting the MP involved and keeping on the MA, I don't really know.
    I am keeping everything just in case, and will not response to anything but genuine court proceedings etc.
    Thanks again everyone
    Originally posted by happyface182
    WHOOPS ..... the amount cannot increase and it's not a fine.

UKCPM are a complete shambles at the best of times

On that basis, visit your MP again and say that UKCPM are
    attempting to extort money from you

They are a "donkey derby" setup, the same as their "donkey derby"
    low life solicitors .... Gladstones

Make sure your MP understands this
    https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-07-19/debates/2b90805c-bff8-4707-8bdc-b0bfae5a7ad5/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill(FirstSitting
    Last edited by beamerguy; 01-08-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 1st Aug 18, 12:43 PM
    • 19,422 Posts
    • 30,696 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    For 6 years - the time they have available to commence court proceedings. If they feed your case, with the hundreds of others they do regularly, on to the Gladstones conveyor belt, then you'll need past documentation - they can strike right out of the blue.
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • happyface182
    • By happyface182 15th Sep 18, 4:32 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    happyface182
    As usual, many thanks to everyone who has helped me with this so far.

I just wanted to follow up as I thought it was all over, however I started receiving letters from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, who today have sent their final offer (the alleged fine is now 160 by the way).

I haven't contacted my MP since my initial first contact and will just sit tight to see if I receive court proceedings etc.

Best Regards all
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Sep 18, 4:37 PM
    • 19,422 Posts
    • 30,696 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    The NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4 tells you all about DRP and their ilk!
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 15th Sep 18, 6:37 PM
    • 8,451 Posts
    • 11,124 Thanks
    beamerguy
    As usual, many thanks to everyone who has helped me with this so far.

I just wanted to follow up as I thought it was all over, however I started receiving letters from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, who today have sent their final offer (the alleged fine is now 160 by the way).

I haven't contacted my MP since my initial first contact and will just sit tight to see if I receive court proceedings etc.

Best Regards all
    Originally posted by happyface182
    NO IT'S NOT 160, the extra 60 is the DRP fake add-on
    IT'S JUST A SCAM.

You simply ignore DRP who are powerless timewasters

READ ABOUT THE DRP IDIOTS HERE
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5859454&highlight=debt+collectors +drp
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

69Posts Today

2,433Users online

Martin's Twitter