Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pochisoldi
    • By pochisoldi 18th May 18, 9:42 AM
    • 96Posts
    • 56Thanks
    pochisoldi
    TSB Cashback failure update 170518
    • 18th May 18, 9:42 AM
    TSB Cashback failure update 170518 18th May 18 at 9:42 AM
    My TSB cashback should have been credited somewhere between 6th and 10th May for the period 1st-30th April.

The TSB website says "We’ve had a technical issue that’s meant we’re making the payment to you later this week. We’re sorry about that but you will have the cashback by the end of this week (18th May)."

I've now had a payment - not for 1st Apr-30th Apr, not even for 1st Apr to 10th May, or even 1st April to 15th May.

No - they've paid the grand total of 71p for the spend between 10th May and 15th May. (i.e. the period between last non-statement day, and the day they did the calculation).

It seems patently obvious to me that they are now doing no testing of any description on IT "fixes". So now they have to fix the fix.

PochiSoldi
Page 5
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 10th Jul 18, 8:18 AM
    • 2,263 Posts
    • 10,278 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    So far I have a May Statement that I can view a link to a June Statement which doesn't do anything and no other statements. Previous statements (except for April) were viewed but not downloaded before everything went wrong. I've never seen an April statement although they did take full DD for this. Waiting on final cashback payment. Card no longer being used.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 13th Jul 18, 11:04 PM
    • 18,921 Posts
    • 13,094 Thanks
    molerat
    £5 cash back added today. Only spent £485 last month, last purchase previous month was well before the end of the month so nothing to carry forward !
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • MDMD
    • By MDMD 13th Jul 18, 11:38 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    MDMD
    This one is correctly labelled as “final” cashback. I shall be calling TSB first thing tomorrow to close my account now my balance is zero.
    • pochisoldi
    • By pochisoldi 14th Jul 18, 11:04 AM
    • 96 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    pochisoldi
    So far I have a May Statement that I can view a link to a June Statement which doesn't do anything and no other statements. Previous statements (except for April) were viewed but not downloaded before everything went wrong. I've never seen an April statement although they did take full DD for this. Waiting on final cashback payment. Card no longer being used.
    Originally posted by SuiDreams
    Probably posted elsewhere, but here goes.
    When I click on the Statements Tab I see:
    July
    June
    May
    April
    March
    January

Yes - February didn't happen this year!

Only the links for May work.
    There are two functions that the website uses to dish out PDF statements:
    One that collects a list of available statements, from which the webpage displays a list you can select from, and a second function which serves up the requested statement. The first function is serving up links which have a different format: Jan/Mar/Apr have one format ("migrated"), May has another, and June/July have yet another.

Given that May works, you would have thought that this would have lead them to a solution which would have quickly resulted in June and July statements working. (Either fix the getstatementlist function to stop it spouting crap, or fix the getstatement function to make it ignore the crap which is making it choke). This appears to be beyond them.

Either they are incompetent (can't identify the source of the problem), or
    poorly managed ("Don't work on that, work on this instead").

Or maybe IBM are milking Sabadell for every penny trying to identify every single last fault before they start to fix anything.
    It's like having a patient come into A&E and taking 2 hours documenting every last bruise and scratch, while in the meantime the patient is turning blue, struggling to breath...
    • pochisoldi
    • By pochisoldi 14th Jul 18, 11:09 AM
    • 96 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    pochisoldi
    £5 cash back added today. Only spent £485 last month, last purchase previous month was well before the end of the month so nothing to carry forward !
    Originally posted by molerat
    £5 credited for £500 June spend.

Still no sign of the difference between cashback paid (£4.66) vs cashback due for the £500 spend in May.

One more repayment, and when I get a proper copy of my June, July and August statements, and compensation for the time I've wasted speaking to TSB, and time/effort I had to waste visiting my own bank due to their statement/DD cockups, that will be the end of the TSB credit card.

I doubt that they will be making any kind of loyalty offer, and in any case I reckon that most of their credit card holders will have taken their business elsewhere by the end of August.
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 14th Jul 18, 12:23 PM
    • 2,199 Posts
    • 1,244 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    My final £5 was also paid yesterday, going to pay the final June CC bill just before the due date and then wait for July's bank account interest to be paid, hopefully first week of August then off elsewhere, already have other CC's so a new bank account beckons.

Have made four complainants, two in May, one in June and one July, and still not one reply.
    • bubieyehyeh
    • By bubieyehyeh 14th Jul 18, 8:52 PM
    • 393 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    bubieyehyeh
    My cashback has been credited but is £1 short. Complaint submitted, since I can't be bother to spend my time queuing for ages on the phone.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 14th Jul 18, 8:54 PM
    • 55,443 Posts
    • 222,376 Thanks
    beanielou
    My cashbank is way short.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

550Posts Today

5,873Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @samgio1997: So glad you talked about the importance of taking out holiday insurance on this morning as a few years ago my auntie's pare?

• RT @mmhpi: "Two years ago, I was in the fortunate position to be able to found @mmhpi... I?m incredibly proud of the work the team there is?

• It means you should either have an annual policy in place, or book a specific single trip policy when you book https://t.co/oBDx8TmzQU

• Follow Martin