Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TomBee2018
    • By TomBee2018 17th May 18, 10:39 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    TomBee2018
    Conveyancer Fees
    • 17th May 18, 10:39 PM
    Conveyancer Fees 17th May 18 at 10:39 PM
    Hi all
    Thanks for any advice
    I had an awful time selling my house with premierpropertylawyers/purplebricks, however the sale finally went through, everything was completed, I received an itemised final bill from the sale and that was that.
    3 and maybe 5 months later I have received a letter from the conveyancers saying they forgot to charge me an indemnity policy fee of 69.
    To be fair this was taken out and looking back isn't listed on the final settlement.
    They were awful in everything they did and I'm not surprised they forgot to add it.
    My question is, does anyone know if there is some legal loophole not to pay it? (eg I've received the final invoice, and they forgot to charge it?)
    I'd love not to pay it just because of their stupidity and delays they caused...

Thanks all
    Tom
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 17th May 18, 10:51 PM
    • 61,084 Posts
    • 54,301 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 17th May 18, 10:51 PM
    • 17th May 18, 10:51 PM
    You are dealing with the legal profession. They'll know how to collect their money. Unless you want to incur additional charges easiest simply to pay up. Disbursements often get overlooked. As you weren't their only customer at the time. Only when there's a final reckoning are issues detected.
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 17th May 18, 10:58 PM
    • 45,954 Posts
    • 55,514 Thanks
    G_M
    • 17th May 18, 10:58 PM
    • 17th May 18, 10:58 PM
    ...... they forgot to charge me an indemnity policy fee of 69.
    To be fair this was taken out and looking back isn't listed on the final settlement.
    Originally posted by TomBee2018
    So it is money you owe.

They have 7 years to claim it off you, so 3 (or even 5) months is well within the time-limit.

Now reverse the scenario. Imagine after 5 months you discovered they had charged you twice for it in error. Would you expect to be able to reclaim it.....?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

363Posts Today

3,508Users online

Martin's Twitter