Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 17th May 18, 5:37 PM
    • 8,990Posts
    • 13,861Thanks
    trisontana
    More Management Shenanigans at Smart
    • 17th May 18, 5:37 PM
    More Management Shenanigans at Smart 17th May 18 at 5:37 PM
    https://stockhead.com.au/tech/smart-parking-drops-55pc-after-sackings-over-alleged-management-breaches/

Robo parking cop Smart Parking has booted its British managing director and finance director after alleged breaches of the company's corporate policies.

In an ASX announcement this morning the company said it had become aware of non-compliance in human resources and operational controls by the British management team but had acted "swift and decisively" to terminate them.

Smart has form regarding management wrongdoing. When the Australian company took them over a few years ago they found some "irregularities" in the accounts.

I like this bit:-

a review highlighted non-compliance in HR and operational controls which breaches the Board's customer-focused strategy to build a positive and trusted brand in the UK parking enforcement market and hence a strong platform for long-term growth.

In the words of Jim Royal "positive and trusted brand my a***"
    Last edited by trisontana; 17-05-2018 at 10:37 PM.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 17th May 18, 9:09 PM
    • 8,477 Posts
    • 11,158 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 17th May 18, 9:09 PM
    • 17th May 18, 9:09 PM
    Thanks for that info

All these posh words .... "fiddling the books" is preferred

Yet another dodgy BPA member ????

Or is it dodgy BPA, difficult to tell nowadays

Unscrupulous UKPC and SMART ???
    HOW MANY MORE HIDE WITHIN THE BPA ???
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th May 18, 9:13 PM
    • 19,476 Posts
    • 30,809 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 17th May 18, 9:13 PM
    • 17th May 18, 9:13 PM
    Fairly standard stuff for Smart management personnel.

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=5599.0
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 18, 9:22 PM
    • 61,674 Posts
    • 74,571 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th May 18, 9:22 PM
    • 17th May 18, 9:22 PM
    Wonder what they (allegedly) did...?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Castle
    • By Castle 17th May 18, 10:19 PM
    • 1,901 Posts
    • 2,578 Thanks
    Castle
    • 17th May 18, 10:19 PM
    • 17th May 18, 10:19 PM
    Reading Smart Parking's accounts for the year ended 30th June 2017, the VAT man is asking for 3.2millon in outstanding Vat.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th May 18, 10:27 PM
    • 19,476 Posts
    • 30,809 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 17th May 18, 10:27 PM
    • 17th May 18, 10:27 PM
    Reading Smart Parking's accounts for the year ended 30th June 2017, the VAT man is asking for 3.2millon in outstanding Vat.
    Originally posted by Castle
    Ouch, ouch, ouch!

Just a random (rather rhetorical) thought - in the event of Smart being unable to pay, could that liability be passed to their principal contractors like Asda, Matalan, etc? That would put the skids under the enthusiasm to grab 'free car park management'!
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 17th May 18, 10:47 PM
    • 1,779 Posts
    • 2,249 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 17th May 18, 10:47 PM
    • 17th May 18, 10:47 PM
    nope , the australian parent firm would simply buy any small fry in the UK , transfer all contracts and ditch smart UK
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

945Posts Today

7,511Users online

Martin's Twitter