Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hansjoelman
    • By hansjoelman 17th May 18, 4:55 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    hansjoelman
    Ethical Parking Management
    • 17th May 18, 4:55 PM
    Ethical Parking Management 17th May 18 at 4:55 PM
    Hi, I’m new to this and have read through all the posts and have a query please, I like most have had letters from ZZPS for 2 ‘penalties’ who have now passed my case to QDS for “legal action” I know the advice is to ignore, which I am but I was trying to find the chances of the parking company actually taking legal action bit as advised on one of the threads but when i searched it said the page didn’t exist! The company is Ethical Parking Management. Thanks in advance for any help.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th May 18, 5:03 PM
    • 19,860 Posts
    • 25,163 Thanks
    Redx
    • 17th May 18, 5:03 PM
    • 17th May 18, 5:03 PM
    check the what was BMPA website , that is where any data was stored, its called something like PADI now

post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread deals with debt collectors like ZZPS , and post #2 deals with any LBC or MCOL letters
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • hansjoelman
    • By hansjoelman 17th May 18, 5:11 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hansjoelman
    • 17th May 18, 5:11 PM
    • 17th May 18, 5:11 PM
    Thanks Redx i found the site now the comapny isn’t listed on there, does that make a difference?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th May 18, 5:18 PM
    • 19,860 Posts
    • 25,163 Thanks
    Redx
    • 17th May 18, 5:18 PM
    • 17th May 18, 5:18 PM
    no idea, its not my site , but it sounds like they dont bother, or they use a different "handle" as the reference for the named ppc (in this case Ethical)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • hansjoelman
    • By hansjoelman 17th May 18, 5:20 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hansjoelman
    • 17th May 18, 5:20 PM
    • 17th May 18, 5:20 PM
    Thanks for all your help. I!!!8217;ll wait and see what happens.
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 17th May 18, 6:00 PM
    • 2,130 Posts
    • 2,579 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 17th May 18, 6:00 PM
    • 17th May 18, 6:00 PM
    please can you state the date you got the ticket/letter and more company info , the company number would be nice , as ethical were RIP for a long time , I am also interested in BPA or IPC
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 17th May 18, 7:23 PM
    • 3,277 Posts
    • 5,052 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 17th May 18, 7:23 PM
    • 17th May 18, 7:23 PM
    Ethical are now called One parking Solutions, confusion reigns :

https://oneparkingsolution.co.uk/about-us/

Not much to worry about it seems:

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/One_Parking_Solution.html
    • twhitehousescat
    • By twhitehousescat 17th May 18, 7:28 PM
    • 2,130 Posts
    • 2,579 Thanks
    twhitehousescat
    • 17th May 18, 7:28 PM
    • 17th May 18, 7:28 PM
    yup there website proudly advertises several companies that are o longer AOS , ethical were dormant for some time and we have seen several cases of using debt collectors whilst dormant

I was after the company number used and the date
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    • hansjoelman
    • By hansjoelman 17th May 18, 8:03 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hansjoelman
    • 17th May 18, 8:03 PM
    • 17th May 18, 8:03 PM
    Dates were October 2015 and March 2015 no comapny number is listed on the letters.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th May 18, 2:12 AM
    • 63,806 Posts
    • 76,435 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Nowt to worry about but come back if they later try a claim.

Yes they have 6 years, like any debt.

Surely all you have is the usual dross from QDR:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74298597#post74298597

All you needed to do was get the acronym right and search the forum for it! LOADS of threads.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 18-05-2018 at 2:14 AM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Rob Schifreen
    • By Rob Schifreen 2nd Jul 18, 11:38 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rob Schifreen
    Unethical in the extreme
    Ethical Parking Management have a history of being dishonest and telling lies, and of acting very unethically indeed. Have a look at ethicalparkingmanagement dot co dot uk for details (sorrry, the site won't let me post a real address).

EPM make money by offering to manage companies' car parking on *very* favourable terms, even to the point where they'll run the whole operation for free. They then make money from all the fines they issue.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 2nd Jul 18, 11:43 AM
    • 20,183 Posts
    • 31,848 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Ethical Parking Management have a history of being dishonest and telling lies, and of acting very unethically indeed. Have a look at ethicalparkingmanagement dot co dot uk for details (sorrry, the site won't let me post a real address).

EPM make money by offering to manage companies' car parking on *very* favourable terms, even to the point where they'll run the whole operation for free. They then make money from all the fines they issue.
    Originally posted by Rob Schifreen
    Dodgy dealings, economy with the truth, free car park management, and reliance on the issuing of 'fines' to make their money is not restricted to Ethical.

The whole rotten industry works on exactly the same basis!
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Jul 18, 11:55 AM
    • 63,806 Posts
    • 76,435 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

Originally posted by Rob Schifreen
    Same as all the rest; the entire industry offering 'parking management for free' (like a protection racket, ''we'll look after your land, guv'') should be illegal.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 2nd Jul 18, 12:03 PM
    • 10,505 Posts
    • 10,354 Thanks
    The Deep
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,586Posts Today

9,478Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Are you an overdraft prisoner? How to escape it! My new blog on ways to get rid of your overdraft... https://t.co/KbJwbWLFQI

• RT @bbc5live: .@MartinSLewis joins @annaefoster from midday to answer your money saving questions. ???? 08085 909 693 ???? 85058 Or post your q?

• Follow Martin