Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Charlton King
    • By Charlton King 17th May 18, 2:59 PM
    • 1,552Posts
    • 1,044Thanks
    Charlton King
    Npower bills/statements - where do they hide the tariff name?
    • 17th May 18, 2:59 PM
    Npower bills/statements - where do they hide the tariff name? 17th May 18 at 2:59 PM
    Npower are playing coy about which tariff I'm on and in the section labelled 'tariff name' they simply state that I'm on the 'cheapest available'... yes, right... from them.

I've scanned this statement repeatedly and can't find the name which I need for switching purposes. Can anyone point me at the right place, please?
Page 1
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 17th May 18, 3:18 PM
    • 864 Posts
    • 684 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 17th May 18, 3:18 PM
    • 17th May 18, 3:18 PM
    On page 2 of my March statement in the section headed "Your energy charges and tariff information", it appears twice.
    1. In the section called "About Your Tariff" (grey background) it says "Your tariff" and then names it.
    2. In the electricity section, below the line saying "You used This Costs" in bold letters is the tariff name on its own line.
  • nPower
    • 17th May 18, 3:49 PM
    • 17th May 18, 3:49 PM
    Npower are playing coy about which tariff I'm on and in the section labelled 'tariff name' they simply state that I'm on the 'cheapest available'... yes, right... from them.

I've scanned this statement repeatedly and can't find the name which I need for switching purposes. Can anyone point me at the right place, please?
    Originally posted by Charlton King

Hi Charlton King,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties finding out your tariff. As advised by gsmlnx you can find the name of your tariff on page 2 of your statement under the section labelled "about your tariff". You may also find this link useful: https://bit.ly/2nRtTG7 as it provides a video walkthrough of your bill. All you need to do is select the video that's appropriate to how you pay.

If you're still having difficulty drop us an email using the address from our profile and we'll be happy to help you further.

Thanks

Leigh
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
    • Charlton King
    • By Charlton King 17th May 18, 4:34 PM
    • 1,552 Posts
    • 1,044 Thanks
    Charlton King
    • 17th May 18, 4:34 PM
    • 17th May 18, 4:34 PM
    Right, well, I see I have misinformed people - this is not a statement but a 'price change notification'. Apologies.

I actually do not receive statements.

Nevertheless I repeat that, whilst there is plenty of customer-specific information on it, including my 'personal projection for the year', very interestingly there is no naming anywhere of the specific tariffs I am on for gas and electricity... despite there being a section designated ostensibly for precisely that purpose on page 3. You have filled that section with the words 'you're already on our cheapest tariff...'

How do I find the names of these tariffs, please?
    Last edited by Charlton King; 17-05-2018 at 4:48 PM.
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 17th May 18, 5:27 PM
    • 2,550 Posts
    • 1,649 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 17th May 18, 5:27 PM
    • 17th May 18, 5:27 PM
    As you do not receive paper statements have you access to the online statements which has the same information.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

122Posts Today

1,699Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin