Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • del1rious
    • By del1rious 17th May 18, 12:23 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    del1rious
    UKPC/POPLA help, unique case
    • 17th May 18, 12:23 PM
    UKPC/POPLA help, unique case 17th May 18 at 12:23 PM
    Hello,

Please note that I have looked at the "newbie" forum and others and cant find any info relating to my specific situation so would appreciated some advice!

The car park for my offices is owned by my employer but they hire UKPC to manage the car park (it is open to members of the public on weekends and evenings). I have a permit which enables me to park there for work reasons, not all employees have one.

Anyway I had to come in on Saturday to do a specific task, and came back to find a PCN on my windscreen for 60 to be increased to $100 blablabla. I naively appealed to UKPC (before reading the advice on here) which was subsequently and unsurprisingly rejected.

I have now been offered appeal to POPLA. I am in the process of writing my appeal focusing on two points:

I have a permit for the car park, this was displayed at the time of the "contravention" and is evidenced by the photograph they took of my car.
    There is no signage to indicate that such permits are not valid at certain times (i.e. Saturdays).

do you guys think I have a case?? if so, what other types of evidence do you suggest I supply? Would it help to obtain proof from my employer that I have a permit?

Thank you in advance!
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 17th May 18, 12:37 PM
    • 9,090 Posts
    • 9,482 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 17th May 18, 12:37 PM
    • 17th May 18, 12:37 PM
    There is nothing "unique" about this and post one of the Newbies Sticky covers your situation exactly - Please read it again, properly.

Also, have you not raised this with your employer and encouraged them to have it cancelled?
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 17th May 18, 12:40 PM
    • 3,350 Posts
    • 2,303 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 17th May 18, 12:40 PM
    • 17th May 18, 12:40 PM
    No case is unique. check the Newbie stickies again. I suppose it will turn on what the "members of the public" are required to do a evenings and week-ends. Do they buy a ticket? If so, I guess you become a member of the public. Be interesting to see your company's arrangement/contract with the PPC. What would happen, for example if you parked up in the morning with your permit showing and then worked late beyond the normal finishing time. Would you get a ticket? What did your company say when you complained?
    • Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 17th May 18, 5:21 PM
    • 1,028 Posts
    • 797 Thanks
    Computersaysno
    • 17th May 18, 5:21 PM
    • 17th May 18, 5:21 PM
    Another "my case is unique"....poor snowflake/gammon.

I have realised that 'my case is unique' is code for 'I can't be bothered reading anything....
    Welcome to the world of 'Protect the brand at the cost of free speech'
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th May 18, 2:18 AM
    • 63,874 Posts
    • 76,522 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th May 18, 2:18 AM
    • 18th May 18, 2:18 AM
    I have now been offered appeal to POPLA.
    Use the tried & tested templates in the third post of the NEWBIES thread.

BUT COMPLAIN FIRST - URGENTLY - TO THE LANDOWNER, BEFORE POPLA.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 18-05-2018 at 4:51 PM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 18th May 18, 8:49 AM
    • 3,283 Posts
    • 5,056 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 18th May 18, 8:49 AM
    • 18th May 18, 8:49 AM
    Your first step should have been to speak to the people that were conned into engaging these muppets, your employer, what did they say?

I have now been offered appeal to POPLA. I am in the process of writing my appeal focusing on two points:

I have a permit for the car park, this was displayed at the time of the "contravention" and is evidenced by the photograph they took of my car.
    There is no signage to indicate that such permits are not valid at certain times (i.e. Saturdays).
    Originally posted by del1rious

POPLA will concentrate on what the signs actually say if they say you have to pay at certain times with no mention of permits that is what they will go with, they won't take any notice of mitigation or anything outside the clearly displayed T&C's.

In other words if there are no signs saying permits are valid at week ends POPLA will assume they are not.
    • Sonia138
    • By Sonia138 21st May 18, 11:15 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Sonia138
    • 21st May 18, 11:15 AM
    Parking fine
    • 21st May 18, 11:15 AM
    I parked my car at the back of where I work to pick up some brochures. Was there 10 mins but got parking notice. To be honest I saw the UKPC sign. My question is do I pay the 60 within the 14 days they have requested because the sign said 90 or 50 if paid early. Do I need to pay at all because the sign does not match their amount?
    • Castle
    • By Castle 21st May 18, 12:26 PM
    • 2,007 Posts
    • 2,707 Thanks
    Castle
    • 21st May 18, 12:26 PM
    • 21st May 18, 12:26 PM
    I parked my car at the back of where I work to pick up some brochures. Was there 10 mins but got parking notice. To be honest I saw the UKPC sign. My question is do I pay the 60 within the 14 days they have requested because the sign said 90 or 50 if paid early. Do I need to pay at all because the sign does not match their amount?
    Originally posted by Sonia138
    Read this first and then start your own thread:-
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5835351
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,614Posts Today

7,125Users online

Martin's Twitter