Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kev3916
    • By Kev3916 17th May 18, 12:10 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kev3916
    PPI enquiry
    • 17th May 18, 12:10 PM
    PPI enquiry 17th May 18 at 12:10 PM
    Following an enquiry to MBNA, I received 3 emails; the first one said:
    Thanks for contacting us. Our records show this account has no history of PPI, so thereís no action to take.

Second one:
    Thanks for contacting us. Our records show this account had PPI, but premiums were either never charged, or have been refunded already, so thereís no action to take.

Third one:
    Thanks for contacting us. Our records show this account had PPI, and you havenít raised a mis-sale compA bit conflicting because as far as I know, I only ever had one credit card account with them.

They all refer to different account numbers.

Based on the above, is it worth pursuing?

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 17th May 18, 12:16 PM
    • 20,151 Posts
    • 11,095 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 17th May 18, 12:16 PM
    • 17th May 18, 12:16 PM
    as far as I know, I only ever had one credit card account with them.
    Originally posted by Kev3916
    Seems to me you can only complain about the one account number that they say had PPI which you actually paid.
    However, you could certainly ask for clarification of why you apparently had three accounts when you believe you only had one. How many years ago was this finance?
    • Kev3916
    • By Kev3916 17th May 18, 12:27 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kev3916
    • 17th May 18, 12:27 PM
    • 17th May 18, 12:27 PM
    Commenced in 2002, I no longer have an account, probably closed it about 5 years ago.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 17th May 18, 12:51 PM
    • 20,151 Posts
    • 11,095 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 17th May 18, 12:51 PM
    • 17th May 18, 12:51 PM
    Commenced in 2002, I no longer have an account, probably closed it about 5 years ago.
    Originally posted by Kev3916
    I asked the date because I'm guessing your memory might be vague sixteen years on. As I said, ask the Bank for further clarification-but you'll only be able to complain about PPI you actually paid.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

738Posts Today

6,124Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin