Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 17th May 18, 11:11 AM
    • 3,359Posts
    • 1,913Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    Back pain exercise / stimulation
    • 17th May 18, 11:11 AM
    Back pain exercise / stimulation 17th May 18 at 11:11 AM
    Back pain exercise / stimulation

I was googling for ideas on back pain and would like to know your opinions as I know back pain is a very common thing. This is concerning back pain where no real cause can be found from an initial doctor visit and xray and the pain has lasted several years.

My question is does anyone know if a $37 video from this course (or a number of similar ones) https://mybackpaincoach.com/cb/wsl/

contains anything more effective ot even anything different to a few simple tips and exercises such as these: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/lower-back-pain-exercises/

(nhs page) Any comments appreciated.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Page 1
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 17th May 18, 12:01 PM
    • 21,833 Posts
    • 10,547 Thanks
    lisyloo
    • 17th May 18, 12:01 PM
    • 17th May 18, 12:01 PM
    What sort of pain are you getting?
    Has anyone suggested to you that it could be muscular?
    Are you male/female (I'm told weak abs are very common in women).

I have weak abs which means my back is not supported.
    The answer is building a strong core with pilates.
    There are many free things on youtube, but I would recommend going to a class to start off with because you get help if you need it.
    Once you know what you're doing then it should be relatively safe to use DVDs/youtube exercises.
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 17th May 18, 12:52 PM
    • 16,666 Posts
    • 281,438 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    • 17th May 18, 12:52 PM
    • 17th May 18, 12:52 PM
    A TENS machine, acupuncture, pilates, yoga, physiotherapy, gentle walking and swimming are all recommendations for back pain
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 17th May 18, 1:09 PM
    • 33,028 Posts
    • 38,597 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 17th May 18, 1:09 PM
    • 17th May 18, 1:09 PM
    I've used Pilates with great improvement in the past
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Cyclizine
    • By Cyclizine 18th May 18, 6:11 AM
    • 67 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    Cyclizine
    • 18th May 18, 6:11 AM
    • 18th May 18, 6:11 AM
    All good advice. If swimming, back-stroke is recommended as it is best for building core strength.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 18th May 18, 11:35 AM
    • 3,359 Posts
    • 1,913 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 18th May 18, 11:35 AM
    • 18th May 18, 11:35 AM
    Thank you for your responses. I guess my question is more along the lines of, do you think DVDs or web sites claiming almost miraculous recovery stating "amazing results from the first session" have anything special to warrant their price, or is it really just same old?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • Tallaght
    • By Tallaght 20th May 18, 6:45 PM
    • 351 Posts
    • 210 Thanks
    Tallaght
    • 20th May 18, 6:45 PM
    • 20th May 18, 6:45 PM
    Inversion table ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,217Posts Today

8,439Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin