Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wombat2002
    • By wombat2002 17th May 18, 9:48 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    wombat2002
    Good deals i phone 7 unlimited data
    • 17th May 18, 9:48 AM
    Good deals i phone 7 unlimited data 17th May 18 at 9:48 AM
    A friend of mine is looking to upgrade to and I phone 7 she wants unlimited data and this will cost 58 a month with THREE can anyone tell me if it's possible to find a better deal than this,yes it is a lot of data but it seems a lot of money to pay per month for a phone bill,her usage for this month was 65gb so she does need unlimited I had seen a good deal with o2 for 30gb but sadly that's not enough.
    Does anyone think it would be possible to get any joy from the retentions dept at THREE?
Page 1
    • its_all_over
    • By its_all_over 17th May 18, 5:07 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    its_all_over
    • 17th May 18, 5:07 PM
    • 17th May 18, 5:07 PM
    A friend of mine is looking to upgrade to and I phone 7 she wants unlimited data and this will cost 58 a month with THREE can anyone tell me if it's possible to find a better deal than this,yes it is a lot of data but it seems a lot of money to pay per month for a phone bill,her usage for this month was 65gb so she does need unlimited I had seen a good deal with o2 for 30gb but sadly that's not enough.
    Does anyone think it would be possible to get any joy from the retentions dept at THREE?
    Originally posted by wombat2002
    I've seen people on HUKD recently posting about getting unlimited data for between 10 and 15 a month on retention deals from Three.

You could buy the iPhone 7 sim free for a lot less than 1000. Couldn't you buy the phone outright and try and get a decent sim only deal from Three?
    • wombat2002
    • By wombat2002 17th May 18, 6:15 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wombat2002
    • 17th May 18, 6:15 PM
    • 17th May 18, 6:15 PM
    Thanks for that,I shall mention the retention deals,I know what you're saying about buying the phone,but I don't think she has that much money to outlay
    • its_all_over
    • By its_all_over 17th May 18, 6:18 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    its_all_over
    • 17th May 18, 6:18 PM
    • 17th May 18, 6:18 PM
    Thanks for that,I shall mention the retention deals,I know what you're saying about buying the phone,but I don't think she has that much money to outlay
    There are ways to buy in instalments, I think you can get 10% discount and 0% over 12 months with very.co.uk, for example.

1. Buy any Apple product 250 or more on 12 months Buy Now Pay Later. All eligible products are contained within the offer page.

2. By entering MUN4D in the promo code box at checkout your item will be put on 12 months Buy Now Pay Later automatically. We'll then credit 10% of the item price back to your account by 5th July 2018 or the dispatch date, whichever is later. We'll email you when we have applied the credit to your account.

Buy Now Pay Later allows you to delay payment for 12 months. The payment free period starts when you place your order.

The interest is calculated from order date and will be added to your account after the end of the payment free period. Avoid interest by paying in full within the payment free period. Find out more in checkout.
    iPhone 7
    https://www.very.co.uk/e/q/iphone-7.end?_requestid=229314
    Last edited by its_all_over; 17-05-2018 at 6:21 PM.
    • wombat2002
    • By wombat2002 17th May 18, 6:54 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wombat2002
    • 17th May 18, 6:54 PM
    • 17th May 18, 6:54 PM
    Thanks for your help
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 17th May 18, 7:42 PM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 712 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    • 17th May 18, 7:42 PM
    • 17th May 18, 7:42 PM
    I know what you're saying about buying the phone,but I don't think she has that much money to outlay
    And she is thinking about spending 58/month over 2 years on a phone!

I use a lot of data, but nowhere near the amount the OPs friend appears to use... Three do have an "unlimited data" tariff, and a 100 GB one, but they only include 30 GB tethered, if that matters. These SIM only deals are quite costly at 34/31 per month... sounds like an expensive way to watch cats on YouTube.

Incidentally, Three include unlimited use of the TV Player and Netflix on many of their plans via "Go Binge".
    • its_all_over
    • By its_all_over 17th May 18, 7:57 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    its_all_over
    • 17th May 18, 7:57 PM
    • 17th May 18, 7:57 PM
    Three do have an "unlimited data" tariff, and a 100 GB one, but they only include 30 GB tethered, if that matters. These SIM only deals are quite costly at 34/31 per month...
    Originally posted by Frozen_up_north
    It can be gotten much cheaper than that, there have been a few threads on different forums, here's an example thread where the person got a retention deal from Three with unlimited data for 12 a month.

I think I remember another thread where the person managed to get it for 10 a month.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/3-retention-deal-all-you-can-eat-data-and-text-600-minutes-12pm-144-2939913#thread-comments
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 17th May 18, 8:06 PM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 712 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    • 17th May 18, 8:06 PM
    • 17th May 18, 8:06 PM
    It can be gotten much cheaper than that, there have been a few threads on different forums, here's an example thread where the person got a retention deal from Three with unlimited data for 12 a month.
    <SNIP>
    Originally posted by its_all_over
    Good luck haggling, Three have just increased many SIM only tariffs and also hiked the cost of out of bundle calls by a significant amount (I guess someone has to pay for free EU roaming)...

I have two SIM only contracts with them and haven't had any luck with haggling, although they tend to not increase the monthly cost by RPI, unlike many other providers.
    • wombat2002
    • By wombat2002 17th May 18, 10:16 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wombat2002
    • 17th May 18, 10:16 PM
    • 17th May 18, 10:16 PM
    Yes I don't think she will manage to get it any cheaper,thinking about it, she won't want to bother buying a phone and going sim only,I suppose that's the price you pay for using 65gb + per month,I only use 1gb
    • wombat2002
    • By wombat2002 17th May 18, 10:20 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wombat2002
    I know what you're saying but some people don't want to or can't pay a lump some up front
    • atlantis187
    • By atlantis187 17th May 18, 10:48 PM
    • 1,029 Posts
    • 382 Thanks
    atlantis187
    I currently get the following with 3 on a sim only on a monthly rolling contract now:

9 a month

unlimited minutes
    unlimited data
    unlimited txts
    30GB tethering

they also gave me 25 credit to my account

been with 3 for around 4 years now.
    • its_all_over
    • By its_all_over 18th May 18, 10:57 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    its_all_over
    Good luck haggling, Three have just increased many SIM only tariffs and also hiked the cost of out of bundle calls by a significant amount (I guess someone has to pay for free EU roaming)...

I have two SIM only contracts with them and haven't had any luck with haggling, although they tend to not increase the monthly cost by RPI, unlike many other providers.
    That thread I linked to is actually a live thread that people are posting to this week, it's not an old thread. Perhaps you should read all the threads about getting special deals on three which are being discussed on HUKD. it isn't haggling for an upgrade that gets the good deals, it's using live chat and asking for better value for money priceplan changes, from reading the threads price plan changes via live chat are offered and processed by a different department than upgrades.

Here's one from the thread who got an offer on the 14 of May, that's only 4 days ago.

And a post on the 15 May where someone else does the same

xx1232 h, 56 m ago
    You tell them you don't want to upgrade or cancel, you want to discuss changing priceplan for better value for money.it also means you aren't locked into another minimum term when they offer you a deal as it's simply a priceplan change.Read less
    Thanks for this advice, after trying unsuccessfully twice, I said exactly this to them via live chat on the app and it worked a treat....

I did have AYCE data, calls & txt with 30gb hotspot for 19 (which was decent but I hardly used the mins and didn't use the hotspot at all)

Agreed on - 600mins, AYCE data & texts with 8gb hotspot for 8pm

Absolutely delighted with that
    Last edited by its_all_over; 18-05-2018 at 11:00 AM.
    • J B
    • By J B 18th May 18, 9:51 PM
    • 2,724 Posts
    • 958 Thanks
    J B
    .....,but I don't think she has that much money to outlay
    And she is thinking about spending 58/month over 2 years on a phone!

My thoughts too!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

60Posts Today

1,481Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin