Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lastbigspender
    • By lastbigspender 17th May 18, 8:48 AM
    • 25Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lastbigspender
    New Mortgage
    • 17th May 18, 8:48 AM
    New Mortgage 17th May 18 at 8:48 AM
    Folks

Trying to get a new mortgage and have tried few people.

I have my house sold and old mortgage paid off. Have sale agreed on another property just trying to get best deal out there, can anyone share their experiences of obtaining a mortgage, any recommendations for people?

Thanks
Page 1
    • steveymp
    • By steveymp 17th May 18, 12:25 PM
    • 2,669 Posts
    • 3,083 Thanks
    steveymp
    • 17th May 18, 12:25 PM
    • 17th May 18, 12:25 PM
    Santander, did mine all online but I am an existing customer got a very good fixed rate 7 year deal too for peace of mind.

You could try calling at a branch or try Nationwide, progressive etc.... plenty of good rates about at present, your existing bank should offer you a loyalty bonus rate too if you try them, but always shop around
    I am trying, honest very trying according to my dear OH
    • guiriman
    • By guiriman 17th May 18, 1:55 PM
    • 375 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    guiriman
    • 17th May 18, 1:55 PM
    • 17th May 18, 1:55 PM
    Depends what you want. I was in a similar position last year (mortgage paid on my old house and sale agreed). I took a deal with Danske that gave me cashback but at a higher interest rate than some other deals with a view to clearing the new mortgage once my old house completed. The cashback covered ~6 months interest so I effectively got an interest free loan for 6 months
    • Old Git
    • By Old Git 17th May 18, 9:29 PM
    • 4,294 Posts
    • 3,740 Thanks
    Old Git
    • 17th May 18, 9:29 PM
    • 17th May 18, 9:29 PM
    go to a broker. I got mine via london & Country.
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
    • Zola.
    • By Zola. 19th May 18, 4:11 PM
    • 1,222 Posts
    • 481 Thanks
    Zola.
    • 19th May 18, 4:11 PM
    • 19th May 18, 4:11 PM
    Broker all the way. A million more options.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

89Posts Today

1,474Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin