Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • annaojbee
    • By annaojbee 16th May 18, 10:08 PM
    • 90Posts
    • 6,480Thanks
    annaojbee
    0 WOW
    Flying Solo with Baby and Buggy
    • 16th May 18, 10:08 PM
    0 WOW
    Flying Solo with Baby and Buggy 16th May 18 at 10:08 PM
    I've recently flown Stansted to Edinburgh return with EasyJet. I was travelling alone with a 6 month old, buggy, cabin bag and changing bag. I checked in at the gate and went down the tunnel to be confronted by stairs. I went back to the gate to explain I couldn't manage on my own. The EasyJet staff just looked at me. and luckily 2 fellow passengers offered to help me. On arrival at Edinburgh I had to go from the plane to baggage reclaim to get the buggy (a long way carrying little one with both bags). I phoned EasyJet while away to see if they could help me have a smoother journey home, and was re-booked as requiring special assistance. I went to the special assistance office at the airport and was told I would be met at the gate by someone to help. On arrival at the gate I was told I had been wrongly informed, and had to go through all of the above again, but with the added farce of being asked to collapse the buggy on the tarmac (while holding the baby!) Security staff were great, holding the baby while I put my shoes back on, Edinburgh had a family security check desk and staff on board really looked after us, but I really feel that there should be some assistance for cases like mine rather than suggesting I ask fellow passengers to help. I don't know enough to decide whether there is a discrimination or even H&S issue here, but I've got a real bee in my bonnet, and want to try to influence / persuade airlines or airports to do more. Can anyone point me in the direction of anyone with clout / authority to get something done please?
Page 1
    • boatman
    • By boatman 17th May 18, 11:23 AM
    • 3,899 Posts
    • 2,790 Thanks
    boatman
    • 17th May 18, 11:23 AM
    • 17th May 18, 11:23 AM
    http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/boarding-and-flying/flying-with-children
    http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/boarding-and-flying/special-assistance

Have a run through and compare your experience, It'll give you some help with deciding where to aim your concerns.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/family-holidays/Flying-with-children-10-secrets-to-stress-free-travel/ Might make you smile.
    Last edited by boatman; 17-05-2018 at 11:28 AM. Reason: ii
    • alwaysskint96
    • By alwaysskint96 17th May 18, 12:07 PM
    • 907 Posts
    • 618 Thanks
    alwaysskint96
    • 17th May 18, 12:07 PM
    • 17th May 18, 12:07 PM
    I have always found a sling useful when travellking with baby. |Keeps hands free to be able to walk to luggage carousel
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 17th May 18, 12:34 PM
    • 3,154 Posts
    • 2,076 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 17th May 18, 12:34 PM
    • 17th May 18, 12:34 PM
    I did this several times (as did my wife). My advice would be to check the buggy next time and travel only with a rucksack containing the stuff you need for the baby on board. Having to juggle a baby + buggy + carry on bag + changing bag is way too much.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,794Posts Today

4,211Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin