Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • choccy999
    • By choccy999 16th May 18, 8:05 PM
    • 45Posts
    • 35Thanks
    choccy999
    Left new job
    • 16th May 18, 8:05 PM
    Left new job 16th May 18 at 8:05 PM
    Hi
    I left my new job due to my anxiety. I know it's a foolish thing to do, but I felt overwhelmed by panic and felt I couldn't cope. I haven't applied for benefits yet as I'm still waiting for my P45. I just need some headspace to get myself back together. I've been looking into applying for benefits and see that I'm probably going to be sanctioned. Just wondered if anyone has any advice on the situation please?
    Thank you.
Page 1
    • Alice Holt
    • By Alice Holt 16th May 18, 8:17 PM
    • 2,624 Posts
    • 3,042 Thanks
    Alice Holt
    • 16th May 18, 8:17 PM
    • 16th May 18, 8:17 PM
    ESA ?
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/before-you-apply-for-esa/eligiblility-for-esa/

If you have sufficient NI credits - it'll be New style ESA
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-style-employment-and-support-allowance

If you are in a UC area - then it's UC if you don't have sufficient NI credits (rather than Income Based ESA).
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 16th May 18, 8:19 PM
    • 36,282 Posts
    • 46,759 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 16th May 18, 8:19 PM
    • 16th May 18, 8:19 PM
    Dont wait for your p45.
    You will probably be sanctioned anyway for benefits but this needs to start as soon as possible.
    Try to get help from your gp for your anxiety
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    • choccy999
    • By choccy999 16th May 18, 8:22 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    choccy999
    • 16th May 18, 8:22 PM
    • 16th May 18, 8:22 PM
    Thank you both. I will look into it.
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 16th May 18, 9:02 PM
    • 5,669 Posts
    • 6,379 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 16th May 18, 9:02 PM
    • 16th May 18, 9:02 PM
    Dont wait for your p45.
    You will probably be sanctioned anyway for benefits but this needs to start as soon as possible.
    Try to get help from your gp for your anxiety
    Originally posted by McKneff

The OP wouldn't be sanctioned for ESA or the UC equivalent if they have a medical certificate from their GP. Walking out on a job and trying to claim JSA or its UC equivalent would be different.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,391Posts Today

7,608Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin