Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Magpie71194
    • By Magpie71194 16th May 18, 6:52 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Magpie71194
    Two fines... help appreciated
    • 16th May 18, 6:52 PM
    Two fines... help appreciated 16th May 18 at 6:52 PM
    Hi,

I have two fines, I will explain each separately. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

1) date of offence 23/03/18 - 3hrs 30 minutes in a car park that allows 3hrs free parking. I'll be honest, this is a car park next to a cinema, I did not realise the signs. I went to Asda first and thought it was a waste to drive 200yrds to cinema so I walked. Date PCN issued is 07/04/18 which is 15 days after event, I believe this plays in my favour but any advice would be appreciated. I'll be honest, I did ignore this initially (advised by friends) but as I have now received a second I thought I better sort it!

2) date of event 27/04/18 - not paying any fee whilst parked. On this occasion we did pay a fee at the machine but it did not issue a ticket. My partner rang customer services number on the parking sign explained what had happened and a gent gave her a reference number and told her he put a note on the system. I wrote all of the details (including reference) on a note and left it in my car window. I took photos of my car with the note and also the car park sign at the time I left the car.

I believe the first one I do not need to pay as although I am the registered keeper of the vehicle I was not the driver at the time and there is no evidence who was driving the vehicle. The second I think is a simple issue but reading a lot of information I now think nothing is a simple issue with these companies.

I'm putting this together with different threads I've read and any advice would be very much appreciated.
    Last edited by Magpie71194; 16-05-2018 at 7:04 PM.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 18, 1:15 AM
    • 61,456 Posts
    • 74,351 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th May 18, 1:15 AM
    • 17th May 18, 1:15 AM
    Just read:

NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST (sticky thread up near the top of the forum) and use the appeal that is written to stop people saying who was driving.

The appeal is there. Hurry up with that first one, it's late. Do it NOW, Thursday, online.

Come back at POPLA stage, if these are BPA members.

If either is UKPC DO NOT APPEAL - but you'll know that from the sticky thread!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,798Posts Today

8,768Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin