Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tikiwagon
    • By tikiwagon 16th May 18, 5:10 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tikiwagon
    Landline signal booster
    • 16th May 18, 5:10 PM
    Landline signal booster 16th May 18 at 5:10 PM
    Hi i have a normal digital landline in our house and also a second unit in the garage at the bottom of the garden, Phone signal is crap(not surprised mind you) What is available to get a better signal down to this second line
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 16th May 18, 5:11 PM
    • 33,838 Posts
    • 39,968 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 16th May 18, 5:11 PM
    • 16th May 18, 5:11 PM
    Nothing I'm aware of
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 16th May 18, 7:38 PM
    • 1,553 Posts
    • 970 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 16th May 18, 7:38 PM
    • 16th May 18, 7:38 PM
    First of all its not a second line at all, its a different handset there is a difference

Move the base unit both as high, close and as in direct line of sight to the garage as possible, would be the best advice here.

Cordless phones have a typical range of 300m in ideal outdoor conditions and 50m indoors. The only other real alternative is to run a telephone extension cable and socket down to the garage, something like this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extension-Outdoor-External-Telephone-Broadband-Black/dp/B00R2OX76Q

But bear in mind the cordless phone won't use it as the base will still be in the house. You'd have to have a corded phone (or a second receiver base).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,269Posts Today

8,841Users online

Martin's Twitter