Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Working Mum
    • By Working Mum 16th May 18, 2:42 PM
    • 92Posts
    • 375Thanks
    Working Mum
    Re-Painting My 1920's Home
    • 16th May 18, 2:42 PM
    Re-Painting My 1920's Home 16th May 18 at 2:42 PM
    Hello there,
    I live in a large detached home which was built in the 1920's. We did a load of work repainting and replacing windows with hard wood replicas of the originals when we moved 18 years ago.

I have been a single parent for the last 10 years and have done very little to my home's exterior in that time - I am self employed, have two children now 16 & 19!! but have managed to keep my garden looking lovely

My house is up for sale - all part of my mortgage free plan!! BUT my house looks unloved from the outside and I am sure this will put buyers off.

Sooooooo I have decided to start a summer project and to paint the exterior of my home because if I don't sell it I am another year down the line and the situation worsens. It is white pebble dash/render and wooden windows - they're not rotten or anything just flaking paint and back to wood.

I am going to borrow a 4m portable scaffold from a friend and planning on using a roller - I know to protect the windows and pipes with masking tape and paper.

I will have weekends and around two hours each evening to dedicate to this.

I would welcome anyone who can share their advice and guidance and top tips with me.

Thank you in anticipation.

WM
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

168Posts Today

1,383Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin